IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

JJ says here that Leia is still Force sensitive, she just chose the Rebellion over ever becoming a Jedi.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2015/12/07/star-wars-the-force-awakens-why-leia-didnt-become-a-jedi

The Star Trek 3 trailer will play with Star Wars, gotta cross promote Bad Robot! And that logo better not pop up before A Long Time Ago...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Han said "I'll see you in Hell" on Hoth. Yeah that always stuck out, just like Luke having a biblical name when everyone else's is nonsense. Lucas wasn't subtle in his biblical references.

RE: our previous discussion about the sizes of the Death Stars, here's another video which embraces the dimensions that Death Star II was 900km in diameter. I have done some more digging, bc I'm just OCD that way (nerd), and here's what I found:

"The original data for the Death Stars, back when the OT was actually made, was that the first one was 120 km in diameter and the second was 160 km. That would be more in line with the size difference we see in the film, in that scene. However, later sources have retconned that to 160 km for the first one and 900 km for the second one. That makes no sense given the size difference in that scene, but neither did the first measurement make much sense in the shot of the Death Star exploding as seen from the moon's surface, which the newer figure nicely corrects. So each one makes sense in one scene and not in the other; as they say, "six of one, half a dozen of the other". So it really doesn't matter which one you personally go with; there's going to be an inconsistency either way."

IMO, it does make sense that an object 160km wide wouldn't appear that large from the surface of the moon Endor without a telescope (this is sci-fi logic here, since we don't have an orbital object that big around Earth). The ISS is 73m in diameter, and it's barely a white spec if you know where to look in the night sky. Our Moon is 3474km in diameter, and given that its orbit is higher than Death Star II in relation to Endor, a 900km object would make a bigger appearance in the sky orbiting, and definitely when exploding which were both seen from the ground.

I know, I'm arguing semantics about a pretend space station in a sci-fi fantasy movie for kids. Hey, it's a slow day for me, lol.

ewww they say hell

I feel ashamed to admit that it stood out for me more than it should have. Why is there a concept of hell in my Star Wars!

They said it in Empire Strikes Back also

Wow, thats pretty amazing. Even though it just the first few shots you really get a feel for what JJ is aiming for.

Archived