IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

14 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Kind of agree. A lot of the tracks seem to have everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them. Seems as though in some tracks there’s multitudes of ideas whizzing around at high speed and while technically brilliant, leaves me cold. But not to worry, the new stuff sounds fantastic.

I’ve always had the sneaky feeling that if you are a music maker and dabble with making tracks you will have a greater appreciation of Syro than someone like myself who is just a listener.

For me at least it's more like I have to be in the right mood for it, and when I am then the complexity just feels like depth of expression, all form and function rather than throwing the kitchen sink in just for the sake of it. When not in the mood it's not as satisfying, and if I zone out for a few seconds or start thinking about other things I miss how everything connects. Ofc someone who makes music can appreciate how technically impressive the music is moreso than someone who doesn't, but I don't think that's important or the point of the music.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2023 at 5:45 PM, chronical said:

if you dont like minipops or xmas_eve off syro you are not my friend

production wise christmas evening is a mammoth but it's also a very sad/emotional/depressive song, that part @ 2:40 is so fucking beautiful that almost brings tears to my eyes... maybe it's some kind of nostalgia I dunno...

anyway I've been feeling this about several afx songs, 6 years old relationship with someone who actually liked afx as much as me just to realize that I lost 6 years of my life later on...

I think probs I just need to keep listening to it until my palet is pristine... right now there's too much baggage attached to it...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:45 PM, chronical said:

Megan Fox Reaction GIF
I never liked Syro, it's sterile and faux.
minipops has that horrible vocal fuc**ery part ruining the whole track.
xmas is like windowlicker leftovers gone bad.
No thank you, gimme Druqks anytime!

Spoiler

Season 1 Lol GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 6/29/2023 at 9:45 PM, chronical said:

Xmas_Eve is my favorite of the whole Syro. The epicness of the track reminds me of Phonatacid, a long electronic journey 
With mellow beats and nice melodies coming from different synth sources. 

I think I ruined my that minipops as I listen to it way too much from 2007 up to the Syro release 

Nothing beats the real Manchester Track!  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, diatoms said:

saw this posted on reddit, forgot this about live performance of aisatsana [102]

That show doesn't get talked about much. It was pretty trippy stuff. First half was a bit odd (not so great imo) second half was mind bending (and very much great!)

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:34 PM, Pirtek said:

I've just finished listening to Syro on vinyl. So good. Yes, it's end E2 is a brilliant track. It came out while I was on holiday in Italy and I played it so much at that time. Now when I hear it I always think of that holiday.

Great album with or without it.

Hello, I'm Italian, just curious about which area of Italy you were at the time 🙂

The CIRCLONT tracks and Earth Portal are my favorites at the moment, but I have to admit that XMAS_EVET10 and Minipops aren't there just because I'm too familiar with them. 

Syro and 4 bit the ones still surprise me at every listen.

Produk 29 I understand could sound weird, but man that super dissociating progression in the middle at that slow tempo is massive!!

180db on DEEJAY SELEK agree (but with more intro kicks to make it useful)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...