IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Anthony Fantano

this guy is a fucking retard, i hate those cliché guy that do those "quotation marks" with their fingers and rise or down their voices in the same sentence it's pathetic

could be a last track

I doubt that will ever land on an album. It's as much a conceptual piece as it is a proper choon.

Unless the swinging piano was an afterthought and the choon was meant to stand alone as a...you know...choon.

Dunno.

This might be another stupid question and OT, but did he re-marry? ‚Voices of his wife’.

I'm very excited about another Lornaderek.

Lornaderek featured his parents, Lorna and Derek James. At the time, Nannou and Nanou2 were rumoured to be named after his then-girlfriend, who was French. The last track on SYRO is apparently named after his wife.

Honestly though, let's keep his family/relations out of this and afford the man some respect - discussing tracks obviously named after them is fair game, but as exemplified by my above dip into gossip-ville, it's a slippery slope for sure.

I can't help but be amused by the idea of his son following in his footsteps - kids are awesome and the best hope of any parent (myself included) is your children exceed your own abilities and goals by light years.

This might be another stupid question and OT, but did he re-marry? ‚Voices of his wife’.

Lornaderek featured his parents, Lorna and Derek James. At the time, Nannou and Nanou2 were rumoured to be named after his then-girlfriend, who was French. The last track on SYRO is apparently named after his wife.

Honestly though, let's keep his family/relations out of this and afford the man some respect - discussing tracks obviously named after them is fair game, but as exemplified by my above dip into gossip-ville, it's a slippery slope for sure.

I can't help but be amused by the idea of his son following in his footsteps - kids are awesome and the best hope of any parent (myself included) is your children exceed your own abilities and goals by light years.

^ church (gospel voices edit)

Anthony Fantano

this guy is a fucking retard, i hate those cliché guy that do those "quotation marks" with their fingers and rise or down their voices in the same sentence it's pathetic

hi kanye

Edited by Ivan Ooze

I always assumed his son was featured on multiple tracks on the Come To Daddy EP. Listening to it again this week had me wondering. If that's his kid, then he'd be around my age.

I'm still just kind of stunned that this is really happening. The Caustic Window LP, now this. Over the past decade I've devoured everything RDJ has ever put out but this will be the first time I'll be around for an actual Aphex Twin release. Great times.

I always assumed his son was featured on multiple tracks on the Come To Daddy EP. Listening to it again this week had me wondering. If that's his kid, then he'd be around my age.

that's just processed/pitchshifted RDJ

Guest bitroast

Next generation aphex.

Viberts toomorrow had his son singing on a track or two too, hey. I like the idea of mellowed out idm stars producing. Like the added maturity goes hand in hand with their musical growth.

Used to think 2001 was like the golden age of idm, and that that era of innovation had ended. Starting to think i was wrong :)

I know there's alot of other shit going on in the world, but all I can keep doing is refreshing this thread. My first Aphex was the tracks from "Further Down the Spiral", and maybe because it's been so long, I'm unbelievably excited about this release.

I know there's alot of other shit going on in the world, but all I can keep doing is refreshing this thread. My first Aphex was the tracks from "Further Down the Spiral", and maybe because it's been so long, I'm unbelievably excited about this release.

Ooh ooh, "My First Aphex." For me it was Girl/Boy on the Amp compilation. That's also where Ni Ten Ichi Ryu got me into dnb...so basically that cd/tv show drastically changed my life.

Don't really watch shitty YouTube club footage, so this is all new to me. Glad you peeps are excited for it, not gonna bother preordering though.

waits 13 years for a new album

doesn't bother preordering

tru fan

lol

haha me too! great moments there... i think my next glimpse at aphex was his complete opposite - come to daddy- on mtv one late night in front of the tv when i was young... freaked the hell out of me in the best way possible.. but what was even more eerie and mysterious was that juxtaposition of the tranqil, ambient, spaciness of his remixes on further down the spiral, with the brutal terrifying chaos of come to daddy. my tweenage mind was like wwwtttffff what genre is this aphex twin thing, and how could what i just heard on ftds and saw/heard on mtv be the same artist?.. i had no idea what/who it was but i knew i wanted more of the weirdness lol

Edited by Lane Visitor

Ooh ooh, "My First Aphex." For me it was Girl/Boy on the Amp compilation. That's also where Ni Ten Ichi Ryu got me into dnb...so basically that cd/tv show drastically changed my life.

There was really something special about being there in the 90s. Having each album come out and just taking those first few days as a WTF vacation because it would be so utterly different from the last. Then it would start to grow on you.

Also while it was admittedly pretty cheesy, I really enjoyed Amp. The comp and show. It was like this weird embassy for 'muricans to hear some really interesting music.

Amp (the show) was also a life changing moment for me. Amp and muchMusic showing Orbital videos in the daytime. Orbital were my true intro to techno music, still love those guys. I remember when Amp changed their format to just showing videos back to back instead of mixing them. Those were the end of days.

I collect sounds from other records so I have to know where they come from and how they’re made.

*afx puts on oberman knocks remix*

sean, pls

Edited by dr lopez

nostalgia OD thinking back to 6th grade, in a haze of pokemons, discovering girl/boy song and outside kickass violin solo on kazaa. hope that's all true and the dude's happy with waifu and kids n such

Amp (the show) was also a life changing moment for me. Amp and muchMusic showing Orbital videos in the daytime. Orbital were my true intro to techno music, still love those guys. I remember when Amp changed their format to just showing videos back to back instead of mixing them. Those were the end of days.

Orbital were mine, too, from The Saint soundtrack. Cheers :)

Ok sorry for the mini-hijack, rerouting:

So do people think his comments about zillionz of trackz are legit? What does the lineup on this album suggest? If he has so much music, why is there such a correlation between what's on this album and what he's been playing live? He only likes a dozen or so of his thousand unreleased tracks enough to play them out? But if those are the best of the older tracks, it makes sense to release them on the first new album, even if there might be more.

Oh and also there's no way to know anything because Richard.

i'm shocked not by the fact that Kanye and his minions are sociopaths but that Kanye *also* made a rap track out of the same APhex loop that SNL Andy Samberg used? wtf, that just seems like one of the most uncreative and stupid things Kanye has ever done

Edited by John Ehrlichman