IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

as a general note since this is a piano playing notes live, it might differ enough from a studio recorded one to avoid comparison

Saying that though, the others were picked up with crappier quality recordings and plenty of crowd noise. Pendulum is a lot cleaner with nary any additional sound but for the creak of the piano swinging (which seemed a lot noisier in person, trust me!) and a bit of snooker audience coughing. We shall see...

yes, but these other tracks are played in traktor, straight from the recorded studio track, while the piano one is a (midi?) piano playing live notes so it wouldn't be the same recording as a studio one.

I concede to your point regarding the direct-ness of the original sources in the copyright-detected tracks over Pendulum. The live notes were heavily affected by the swinging of the piano (in a positive way!), but if a studio version exists, then yes, it would likely be different enough for the live recording to not be captured by youtube.

It was my favourite piece at the Barbican show, real hairs up on the back of your neck stuff... so I would be delighted if a version is in fact included on Syro.

Guest skibby

Two things: Kanye is even a fucking musician as far as I have heard. Just some dude who appears on the cover of vogue magazine and married some reality tv star. Completely talentless. He's like a poor-man's Jay-Z (also completely hyped and over-rated).

to bad master Richard needed to even acknowledge that fishstick. shit like that is a major reason to avoid the bargain basement bin pop consumer feeding trough market.

Edited by skibby

Two things: Kanye is even a fucking musician as far as I have heard. Just some dude who appears on the cover of vogue magazine and married some reality tv star. Completely talentless. He's like a poor-man's Jay-Z (also completely hyped and over-rated).

Second thing: people shouldn't read anything into the whole 'Yeah, masses of unreleased material kicking around."

Boards of Canada have been saying the same for years and absolutely nothing whatsoever has surfaced. It's just something to keep the fans hungry.

BoC back catalogue is legit tho, no?

You mean the Old Tunes stuff? It's never been officially validated.

Funny how the Youtube live bootleg makes it sounds like The Caretaker.

Is niiice

Agreed, and I'd also like to see this on the album, but I'm not sure how well it would fit with the stuff we know is on it. Hopeful it's out at some point in the not too distant future

could be a last track

Praying.

Sorry to potentially burst the bubble on this one, but if the pooptube copyright sniffer is doing its job for this as effectively as the tracks I picked up yesterday, then you're out of luck. I uploaded a video with it yesterday, but no copyright notification flag returned. I wouldn't say it was an absolute write-off as it's a quiet recording, and perhaps it's such a barebones piece that the detection algorithms couldn't snag it... so maybe it's best to keep an open mind for now.

Whatever we're getting, I'm a happy camper. I just want this in high quality so bad. It's so beautiful.

But not as beautiful as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plateaux_of_Mirror

or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pearl_%28album%29

kanye is amazing and if you dislike him you are the fool, not him. yeezus and twisted fantasy are some of the most innovative and well executed albums in hip hop ever. fuck outta here with the hate, you look like lemmings. you clearly have not given his music a chance or you are not trying. or you hate ALL hip hop and that's fine - just don't make it his problem when really it's yours.

jay z is way overrated though i'll give you that.

anyway, back on topic..

+1

Guest BasDirks

kanye is amazing and if you dislike him you are the fool, not him. yeezus and twisted fantasy are some of the most innovative and well executed albums in hip hop ever. fuck outta here with the hate, you look like lemmings. you clearly have not given his music a chance or you are not trying. or you hate ALL hip hop and that's fine - just don't make it his problem when really it's yours.

jay z is way overrated though i'll give you that.

anyway, back on topic..

K is good, but a massive tool.

you're an idiot.

Yeah, and you need to grow up and be a man of decency and self-respect instead of calling someone an idiot on an open forum.

I never personally attacked you, I'm was talking about about a self-obsessed so-called musician who spends his time on the cover of fashion and celebrity magazines and is more concerned with his clothes and shoes lines than any real attempt at music.

Just because my opinion doesn't sit well with your love of kanye, don't make it personal.

Oh, but then you already have.

the barbican piano track is beautiful and sad.
reminds me of dawns, beaches, aftermaths, dying robots, lonely space stations....

it would be so cool if he actualy would play it live while the piano is flying around. :biggrin:

my best friend is the music director for the usyd law review. his favourite music is springsteen, miles davis, sonic youth and all sorts of eclectic shit. i could never get him into hip hop until he heard yeezus and he swears it's one of the best albums he has heard. i guess he's wrong though?

fumi you are being just as much of a wanker but even more unreasonable because your opinion is based on nothing. not once did you mention his music or why you didn't like it. all you care about is the public image. shallow prick

How do you know I've not heard or bought any of it? More assumptions.

And can you please stop calling me a shallow prick, wanker etc?

You're just embarassing yourself now.

Guest jasondonervan

the barbican piano track is beautiful and sad.

reminds me of dawns, beaches, aftermaths, dying robots, lonely space stations....

it would be so cool if he actualy would play it live while the piano is flying around. :biggrin:

It reminded me of the more sombre Vangelis piano pieces (Blade Runner) when I first heard it. Ties up with your description about dying robots!