IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

...So, anyways, I'm really excited about this new Aphex Twin album. It seems like there's something interesting and new about "Syro" that pops up daily--I wonder what will come up today.

yeah, i am stoked about this release! i think we should all send a letter to warp asking them to give Richard more hassle about releasing mfm. that would be quite good i recon.

Guest jasondonervan

@apriorion

jasondonervan's sleuthing from earlier is going to take some topping.

Warp HQ, today...

9:00am, Boardroom: PR crisis meeting, AKA 'what jasondonervan did'

Guest skibby

anyway, it's done. and many posters itt such as skibby literally proved my point time and time again so i don't have anything further to add.

Skibby: proving stuff time and time again.

@apriorion

jasondonervan's sleuthing from earlier is going to take some topping.

Warp HQ, today...

9:00am, Boardroom: PR crisis meeting, AKA 'what jasondonervan did'

Yeah, that was pretty amazing. Kudos again, donervan!

'RDJ teases fans with talk of more music to follow Syro. You won't believe what jasondonervan did next!'

If we have to wait another 13 years now...

Nah, fuck it, I've been chuckling away all day thinking about you doing that.

my best friend is the music director for the usyd law review. his favourite music is springsteen, miles davis, sonic youth and all sorts of eclectic shit. i could never get him into hip hop until he heard yeezus and he swears it's one of the best albums he has heard. i guess he's wrong though?

fumi you are being just as much of a wanker but even more unreasonable because your opinion is based on nothing. not once did you mention his music or why you didn't like it. all you care about is the public image. shallow prick

i have never really heard kaynes music, im happy to hate him based purely on the fact that you like him however.

Guest jasondonervan

'RDJ teases fans with talk of more music to follow Syro. You won't believe what jasondonervan did next!'

:trashbear:

My missus asked why I was smiling at my phone as I was reading about Donervan's sleuthing yesterday. I then took about 5 minutes to carefully explain the whole story, including youtube copyright emails, the awesomeness of Metz, how Jason Donervan's name is a pun etc. She didn't really get any of it. Disappointing.

Should have just told her I was looking at photos of Rachel Riley. Kept Donervan my dirty secret.

:trashbear:

"Watch this electronic pioneer's kid compose its first songs will make your day!"

i didnt know that kanye was a musician. kanye is a word that i hear a lot, and it is attached to a body who appears all over the place all the time. which makes me wonder how many guitar strings he has time to bend, how many musical staves he has time to fill with ink, how many renoise patterns he has time to fill, or even how many samples he has time to sample.

kanye is really more of a brand name to me, than an actual producer or musician. largely due to the fact i havent witnesed any of his productions with a cast of thousands.

i did see the beyonce clip where he messed with that one other woman who i cant remember who was winning something in some retarded award ceremony for the rich.

best answer

i really really want to know whats going on between warp and mister twin, i have the feeling that after Druqks they got into a fight or something like that. Many artists on Warp are like ,,yeah thx to warp for there help or Warp is like a family to me .....
but for Aphex its seems more like a bad marriage.
know what i mean ?
and also I dont believe Warp wasnt pushing him for release its just unrealistic in many ways.

Edited by Kavinsky

i also think its fair to want nothing to do with him for just being such a complete cunt. i mean, who cares if his music is good? why would i pay a complete arsehole my hard earned cash?

just noticed this isnt actually a kanye thread lol. imma shutup

I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. ''kanye west''

Edited by messiaen

The Kanye scandal goes as follows: a dilettante rips off Mozart, Mozart offers him his help and the dilettante answers: I'm Mozart. Kanye does this to many artists. Who cares? He will be forgotten in 50 years, when there will be university classes in musicology on Aphex Twin's discography.

Any context to this? I may as well write ""Aphex is a poopyhead" - Squarepusher" on that website, "BrainyQuote" - as reliable a source as my very own rectum.

Not that he didn't say that, but context is everything