IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Who knows if we'll ever know - I wonder if the picture posted has anything to do with the cover - it is a printed card he (I'm assuming that's Richard's eyes) is holding up...

Odd colour for the Aphex Twin logo too.

Guest setanor

Odd though that WARP itself hasn't said a word though it's usual outlets...

wasn't it the same during boc viral marketing campaign?

I think they just launched the FlyLo album campaign last week and maybe want to keep that top billing for a little bit longer?

Guest setanor

Who knows if we'll ever know - I wonder if the picture posted has anything to do with the cover - it is a printed card he (I'm assuming that's Richard's eyes) is holding up...

same colour as the blimp yes?

I was wondering when the speculation about the album title would begin...

Ellipse violation!

First of all, "syro" is western Norwegian for "the acid".

Also, I'll speculate that the title is actually SYR0, thus making it the 0th album in this fine series of releases on the Sonic Youth Records label.

Sonic Youth - SYR1: Anagrama (1997)

Sonic Youth - SYR2: Slaapkamers Met Slagroom (1997)

Sonic Youth/Jim O'Rourke - SYR3: Invito Al Ĉielo (1998)

Sonic Youth and others - SYR4: Goodbye 20th Century (1999)

Kim Gordon/Ikue Mori/DJ Olive - SYR5: ミュージカル パ一スペクティブ (2000)

Sonic Youth/Tim Barnes - SYR6: Koncertas Stan Brakhage Prisiminimui (2005)

Sonic Youth - SYR7: J'Accuse Ted Hughes (2008)

Sonic Youth with Mats Gustafsson and Merzbow - SYR8: Andre Sider Af Sonic Youth (2008)

Sonic Youth - SYR9: Simon Werner a Disparu (2011)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Youth_Recordings

also this :

wait, what is that after the logo? Darkside? Numbers? I don't think it has anything to do with Aphex but it's odd, the thing above the DARKSIDE text looks like TPB.

Guest setanor

wait, what is that after the logo? Darkside? Numbers? I don't think it has anything to do with Aphex but it's odd, the thing above the DARKSIDE text looks like TPB.

it's the time darkside goes on stage at the festival

Lol @WATMM Prolapse Party

This is the best fuckin news.

Also I am convinced this is one of multiple albums this year. I feel like the blimp was saying "2014 is gonna be the year of Aphex"

I don't think they'd do the blimp and just announce a new album two days later. There will be more

Guest bitroast

it's not rdj holding up a piece of paper. it's a piece of paper of rdj folded (the image file name even spells it out http://syro2eznzea2xbpi.com/assets/foldface-w.jpg)

I think it's just a goofy press pic (ala rdj with deformed face) and will have nothing to do with the album cover (just a guess though. actually, I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time) .

Lol @WATMM Prolapse Party

This is the best fuckin news.

Also I am convinced this is one of multiple albums this year. I feel like the blimp was saying "2014 is gonna be the year of Aphex"

I don't think they'd do the blimp and just announce a new album two days later. There will be more

not only aphex man!

2014 everybody!

I wonder if the picture posted has anything to do with the cover - it is a printed card he (I'm assuming that's Richard's eyes) is holding up...

It looks like the vinyl cover artwork to me. we will see