IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

bavapeby.jpg

Just got this from a local record store.

Put that card in an ATM machine stat mate. Chartreuse money man. Chartreuse money...

Oh, nice identifying the font!

Interesting - a Google search for Silian Rail font comes up with the fact it is in fact a fictional font, most closely visually to Garamond Classico Roman SC...

And, it's used quite a bit on fictional business cards - very odd coincidence!

Oh, nice identifying the font!

Interesting - a Google search for Silian Rail font comes up with the fact it is in fact a fictional font, most closely visually to Garamond Classico Roman SC...

And, it's used quite a bit on fictional business cards - very odd coincidence!

It's a reference to American Psycho. There's a whole scene where they are comparing business cards.

So does anyone know where to pre-order for the poster? Is it for the CD only or vinyl as well? I think 'Beat Ink' was thrown out there but would prefer to order from somewhere domestic if possible (US).

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Syro through iTunes. I've been doing it for more than year for all my digital purchases. It's cool that iTunes download the tracks automaticaly to all your devices. And they're always in the cloud.

Could someone give me a reason why I should do it through blerp? I don't care about physical media, sorry.

Just out the bottle under the seat and let it roll.

Because 24bit wav

IF you care about audio at that quality... if you think iTunes audio sounds good enough, order via iTunes. That's what I did. I actually ordered the physical via Amazon.

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Syro through iTunes. I've been doing it for more than year for all my digital purchases. It's cool that iTunes download the tracks automaticaly to all your devices. And they're always in the cloud.

Could someone give me a reason why I should do it through blerp? I don't care about physical media, sorry.

Because 24bit wav

IF you care about audio at that quality... if you think iTunes audio sounds good enough, order via iTunes. That's what I did. I actually ordered the physical via Amazon.

not interested in the limited edition?

Because 24bit wav

Depends on if I get a raffle ticket or not - you do know you DON'T have to purchase from Bleep to enter, right?

Honestly, if it wasn't for the obnoxious shipping costs, I'd go for the Japanese CD - that's the complete set, IMO.

Guest bitroast

Because 24bit wav

Depends on if I get a raffle ticket or not - you do know you DON'T have to purchase from Bleep to enter, right?

Honestly, if it wasn't for the obnoxious shipping costs, I'd go for the Japanese CD - that's the complete set, IMO.

There was a mention earlier that japanese vinyl had bonus track. Was that miscommunication or legit?

Guest bitroast

maybe the answer lies within this interview also dont want to exaggerate but i think we should honor steve beckett a little bit more.

thx steve beckett for signing this sick artists and keeping Warp alive.Amen break.

Lol yeah not being pushy asking for new album is prob their way of being respectful to artist. It was like watmm was on brink of declaring war against warp a few pages back for not demanding new aphex material :p

Because 24bit wav

There was a mention earlier that japanese vinyl had bonus track. Was that miscommunication or legit?

it'll be a miscommunication. to my knowledge, no Warp Records release on vinyl has ever had a japan exclusive track on the vinyl.

Guest jasondonervan

it'll be a miscommunication. to my knowledge, no Warp Records release on vinyl has ever had a japan exclusive track on the vinyl.

anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download code? and will the download code be for wav or mp3?

yep it'll come with a download code, and it will be for MP3, as has been the case on Warp Records releases for quite some time now.

there will also be a separate download waiting for you on your Bleep account, which will be MP3.

no WAV or FLAC download included, since Bleep decided they didn't want to cover costs for bandwidth on FLAC and WAV downloads as freebies.

Guest jasondonervan

In addition, I don't think there actually is such a thing as Japanese vinyl editions for Warp releases - all are imports, although I'm not sure if they originate from the US or Europe pressing runs.

There's a nice interview on Groove.de (German online music magazine) with Richard in regards to the Caustic Window Kickstarter - Richard himself clears up who the 'mysterious seller' of the Caustic Window LP was, and why it was being sold:

http://www.groove.de/2014/08/26/aphex-twin-ueber-caustic-window-und-kickstarter/#english

It also gives folks some slight hope ABB5/MFM will come out...

There's also another nice interview with Richard on Groove, circa 2001:

http://www.groove.de/2014/08/21/aphex-twin-groove-interview-2001-english/

"So then he put thesis two other records up for sale - Analogue Bubblebath 5 and Melodies from Mars and I asked him to stop it - because I want to release them Properly through Warp. It's part of my back catalog did I want them to put out. Then this Notch guy, this Minecraft guy who so bought the Caustic Window test pressing on ebay bought these from him. And I said fine as long as he does not release them. I just do not want anyone to bootleg them"

bit late for that.

Edited by oscillik