IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

why do the japanese get more aphex than everyone else?

They almost always get a bonus track. Like Sean from Autechre said:

"really it's just the fact that CDs are so expensive there that they need something exclusive, otherwise everyone buys the import"

So here's a thought. Put the bonus track on the rest of world release and let the Japanese people import it for cheaper while simultaneously not shafting the fans that live in the rest of the world. Sure it's all great for Japan, but now the rest of the world has to pay ridiculously high import costs to order the complete version only sold in Japan lol.

:cerious::cerious::cerious:

Edited by StephenG

"really it's just the fact that CDs are so expensive there that they need something exclusive, otherwise everyone buys the import"

So here's a thought. Put the bonus track on the rest of world release and let the Japanese people import it for cheaper while simultaneously not shafting the fans that live in the rest of the world. Sure it's all great for Japan, but now the rest of the world has to pay ridiculously high import costs to order the complete version only sold in Japan lol.

That just wouldn't be so great for music industrie in Japan tho :emotawesomepm9:

Guest setanor

why is it up to one record label to fix the entire industry and get boned themselves in th eprocess?

how can one order it outside of Bleep like at Amazon and still enter the raffle?

You don't have to purchase anything to enter the raffle. Just gotta go on the site and follow instructions.

how can one order it outside of Bleep like at Amazon and still enter the raffle?

You don't have to purchase anything to enter the raffle. Just gotta go on the site and follow instructions.

got it, about once a year I have an amazon gift card that I have no idea what to buy with it. Syro CD + vinyl all the way

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Syro through iTunes. I've been doing it for more than year for all my digital purchases. It's cool that iTunes download the tracks automaticaly to all your devices. And they're always in the cloud.

Could someone give me a reason why I should do it through blerp? I don't care about physical media, sorry.

Just out the bottle under the seat and let it roll.

Because 24bit wav

IF you care about audio at that quality... if you think iTunes audio sounds good enough, order via iTunes. That's what I did. I actually ordered the physical via Amazon.

not interested in the limited edition?

Depends on if I get a raffle ticket or not - you do know you DON'T have to purchase from Bleep to enter, right?

Honestly, if it wasn't for the obnoxious shipping costs, I'd go for the Japanese CD - that's the complete set, IMO.

so that means you're gonna torrent the bonus track like me eh joyboss, you dirty ol' pirate :emotawesomepm9:

Willing to pay $400 for a few posters, but not willing to pay $10 shipping for the complete song set?

I also can't stomach paying $24 for an import CD (to get one song) when all I want is the digital tracks though...

Would be nice if they could at least make it available for download in the US. (I only do non-DRM mp3, not proprietary iTunes.) Heck, make it an "album only" track and charge an extra $2 for the digital "import" album... or allow it to only be bought separately from the album, $2 for the "import-only track," or however they want to characterize it... Everyone wins I say!

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Just preordered both the vinyl & the CD trough Bleep, excited!!

and whoah, 118 pages in one week....

Guest escmode

I can't help but be amused by the idea of his son following in his footsteps - kids are awesome and the best hope of any parent (myself included) is your children exceed your own abilities and goals by light years.

very true - as I catch-up on this thread, I'm listening to my daughter on the piano, having 'motivated' her to put in her daily practice.

Guest bitroast

I can't help but be amused by the idea of his son following in his footsteps - kids are awesome and the best hope of any parent (myself included) is your children exceed your own abilities and goals by light years.

very true - as I catch-up on this thread, I'm listening to my daughter on the piano, having 'motivated' her to put in her daily practice.

maybe once aphex jr. starts releasing more music we can add him to the artists subforum section of watmm.

by then joyrex jr. can take the helm moderating.

maybe?

maybe once aphex jr. starts releasing more music we can add him to the artists subforum section of watmm.

by then joyrex jr. can take the helm moderating.

maybe?

hopefully there's a Stephen Jr. to post 8000 contentless posts in 2.5 years by then too

lol

Edited by StephenG

I'm thinking of pre-ordering Syro through iTunes. I've been doing it for more than year for all my digital purchases. It's cool that iTunes download the tracks automaticaly to all your devices. And they're always in the cloud.

Could someone give me a reason why I should do it through blerp? I don't care about physical media, sorry.

Because 24bit wav

IF you care about audio at that quality... if you think iTunes audio sounds good enough, order via iTunes. That's what I did. I actually ordered the physical via Amazon.

Depends on if I get a raffle ticket or not - you do know you DON'T have to purchase from Bleep to enter, right?

Honestly, if it wasn't for the obnoxious shipping costs, I'd go for the Japanese CD - that's the complete set, IMO.

so that means you're gonna torrent the bonus track like me eh joyboss, you dirty ol' pirate :emotawesomepm9:

Who says I need to? :emotawesomepm9:

Guest bitroast

Because 24bit wav

omg pm pls. joyrex. pls.

:emotawesomepm9:

So at least someone has a copy. If you could give a two word summary?

Yeah! Joyrex...

Mind Blowing? Really Amazing?

Quite good???

Edited by StephenG

Because 24bit wav

haha well you most certainly deserve it boss

BUT HEY WOULD IT NOT BE NICE IF THE APHEX TWIN GAVE THE BONUS TRACK TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED THE CWLP KICKSTARTER?? WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL GUYS??

rich pliss

Rlly enjoying Syro!

s950tx16wasr10 is EASILY the most insane/best track ever. Then again anything with fucking 'earth portal mix' is bound to be.

6/10

Edited by Brisbot