IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Oh, nice identifying the font!

Interesting - a Google search for Silian Rail font comes up with the fact it is in fact a fictional font, most closely visually to Garamond Classico Roman SC...

And, it's used quite a bit on fictional business cards - very odd coincidence!

8c0e40eaa48176d4ecc595c089d731ff.gif

Simple Regular by Norm

http://lineto.com/The+Designers/Norm/

Ian Anderson used Norm's Replica for Autechre's Oversteps iirc

542096105256_KD6GQOPv_l.jpg

that's a really lush website

Oh, nice identifying the font!

Interesting - a Google search for Silian Rail font comes up with the fact it is in fact a fictional font, most closely visually to Garamond Classico Roman SC...

And, it's used quite a bit on fictional business cards - very odd coincidence!

8c0e40eaa48176d4ecc595c089d731ff.gif

Simple Regular by Norm

http://lineto.com/The+Designers/Norm/

Ian Anderson used Norm's Replica for Autechre's Oversteps iirc

542096105256_KD6GQOPv_l.jpg

that's not the right font, the R doesn't look right (even if you take into account that it's a thicker style, the top part of the R has a smaller "hole" in it)

A lot of cool fonts on that site but they're fucking expensive

Rlly enjoying Syro!

s950tx16wasr10 is EASILY the most insane/best track ever. Then again anything with fucking 'earth portal mix' is bound to be.

6/10

Yeah ok pal

Rlly enjoying Syro!

s950tx16wasr10 is EASILY the most insane/best track ever. Then again anything with fucking 'earth portal mix' is bound to be.

6/10

I think you mean 5.9/10.

Joyrex displays some amazing restraint, first he restrained himself from checking his po box when Warp sent him an oversteps promo and now he has an actual copy of Syro and only said an 'Ab-so-lutely' style quasi 1 word statement about it.

morning all:)

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

manchester, metz, minehead/atp (on youtube as aphex twin - unreleased 2), and singapore

all are kind of confirmed

Edited by StephenG

the barbican piano piece is a huge favourite of mine; I'd love to see it/ a rendition on a? record :)

manchester, metz, minehead/atp (on youtube as aphex twin - unreleased 2), and singapore

all are kind of confirmed

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

Edited by chim

Aahh atp thanks. I was actually asked to go down to that by a friend, he was playing. (quinoline yellow) had to passit up work commitments. don't kick me, I done that already.!

So, is anyone attending a listening party or have a nice plan as to how they will enjoy the record?

how will you be listening to hit?

club speakers, headphones, studio monitors, home entertainment system, desktop speakers, laptop speakers?

i'm curious and i would really like to know.

Don't really know lol, probably at home with phones or with one of my good friends but if I find enough people interested for a listening party in Toulouse, France then why not ?

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

font confirmed. on fire, people ;)

cheers chim for the digest. props

There's only so long the corks can stay plugged in a ship this big.

I don't know, TH held it pretty tight. Maybe if we send a thank you gift basket Warp will let their guard down. :boc:

So, is anyone attending a listening party or have a nice plan as to how they will enjoy the record?

clean flat, studio monitors, non crunchy breakfast, phone on silent

club speakers, headphones, studio monitors, home entertainment system, desktop speakers, laptop speakers?

clean flat, studio monitors, non crunchy breakfast, phone off.

Edited by khawk76

There will be psychadelics and beer involved.

Home system for playback, 2-3 other aphex fans involved.

Hya guys, I'm new, have been lurking for about a year now (and have pretty much read every post in this thread).

I know, read the rules.

For those wondering about the font used: on the Syro webpage, if you check the CSS, you'll see that they used Decima Mono Light. I'm really sure that's the one they used on the album cover as well.

Oh, and the page has changed, at least, the .com. There's links to the webshops on there now.

I will be enjoying the cd while in my vehicular audio system, paroosing the local farms & endless winding green hills at a steady 15mph. And fogging the interior with master dabs of auditory enhancement chemicals. It will be an outstanding day. I wonder, will I open up a cows mind to some new and exciting music? Or possibly even a hiding alien being will overhear something glorious and decide to cancel his or her or its master plan to erradicate humanity.