IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

morning all:)

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

font confirmed. on fire, people ;)

cheers chim for the digest. props

you forgot, this

is 4 bit 9d api+e+6

So, is anyone attending a listening party or have a nice plan as to how they will enjoy the record?

how will you be listening to hit?

club speakers, headphones, studio monitors, home entertainment system, desktop speakers, laptop speakers?

i'm curious and i would really like to know.

Hopefully on audio technica canalphones as I'm being overwhelmed by everything in Tokyo :D

Otherwise, if I can't wait, it'll be at work in AIAIAI headphones. Or at home, pretty loud on speakers.

Guest bitroast

very new here; I lurked during the boctransmissions, good to share the excitement about the imminent shit. so how many of the live tracks are established as being n the record? I know the usual suspects: m,mz,St. is there a fourth?

I try to update the original post with useful information for as long as it feels relevant to do so. There is no track or performance apart from manchester, metz or singapore that's virtually confirmed, let alone suggested, although some members have baselessly suggested that the Barbican (suspended piano) performance might be aisatsana (track 12).

There are two recent interview snippets by fader mag and pitchfork if you check back with the OP.

Current news is that we have discovered the typeface on the album cover to be Norm Simple Regular.

you forgot, this

is 4 bit 9d api+e+6

I've tried listening to this youtube a few times.

maybe it's just the quality of the recording, but I can never really get my head around the melody or remember how it sounds. it's an easy one to forget !!

Nah, the font is definitely Decima Mono. Look at Norm Simple's W, it's too wide, The serifs on the I are too narrow. The 'g' is totally different from the one seen in the album artwork. Compare the lowercase fonts..!

Here's Decima Mono Light

2iup05x.png

And regular, which is probably used for the vignette

2n7qzic.png

I'm a typography nerd

Edited by borys

Nah, the font is definitely Decima Mono. Look at Norm Simple's W, it's too wide, The serifs on the I are too narrow. The 'g' is totally different from the one seen in the album artwork. Compare the lowercase fonts..!

Here's Decima Mono Light

2iup05x.png

And regular, which is probably used for the vignette

2n7qzic.png

I'm a typography nerd

well spotted!

you forgot, this

is 4 bit 9d api+e+6

maybe it's just the quality of the recording, but I can never really get my head around the melody or remember how it sounds. it's an easy one to forget !!

that's just your brain preemptively preparing you for hearing the actual track in it's full glory when it gets released .. it automatically puts you in state of hypnosis when you press play on a bootleg recording that directs your focus away from the tracks many hooks, and believe me, i hear many... i am aware of the process and thus know how to turn it off.

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

you forgot, this

is 4 bit 9d api+e+6

Right, I don't understand the excitement for this tune in its camphone incarnation, but I heard another version where the pads seemed at least colorful and of a pleasant textural thickness, but still melodically / tonally drab. What I make out from the vids sounds like a nice / smooth variation of Funny Little Man.

So, is anyone attending a listening party or have a nice plan as to how they will enjoy the record?

how will you be listening to hit?

club speakers, headphones, studio monitors, home entertainment system, desktop speakers, laptop speakers?

i'm curious and i would really like to know.

Headphones, iPod, relaxed, uninterrupted. I would like to listen while driving. Probably won't though.

I'll likely queue it up before work to have it finished by the time I have to start work. I love doing that.

Guys... I cracked it!

After running the barcode through a FFT sha-512, incorporated all the info from the blimps and stencils into a custom handmade support vector machine and filtering the inverted phase out of all of kanye West's discography with a IP tracking GUI that ran through visual basic and running it past YouTube's content management knowledge vault and filtering all the residuals using the windiwlicker formula, the message was clear:

Notch is phobiazero.

I will be enjoying the cd while in my vehicular audio system, paroosing the local farms & endless winding green hills at a steady 15mph. And fogging the interior with master dabs of auditory enhancement chemicals. It will be an outstanding day. I wonder, will I open up a cows mind to some new and exciting music? Or possibly even a hiding alien being will overhear something glorious and decide to cancel his or her or its master plan to erradicate humanity.

God Bless. The cows will be thankful, and any visiting presence will certainly be adequately prepared for the experience

Hya guys, I'm new, have been lurking for about a year now (and have pretty much read every post in this thread).

I know, read the rules.

For those wondering about the font used: on the Syro webpage, if you check the CSS, you'll see that they used Decima Mono Light. I'm really sure that's the one they used on the album cover as well.

Oh, and the page has changed, at least, the .com. There's links to the webshops on there now.

great find