IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

"So then he put thesis two other records up for sale - Analogue Bubblebath 5 and Melodies from Mars and I asked him to stop it - because I want to release them Properly through Warp. It's part of my back catalog did I want them to put out. Then this Notch guy, this Minecraft guy who so bought the Caustic Window test pressing on ebay bought these from him. And I said fine as long as he does not release them. I just do not want anyone to bootleg them"

bit late for that.

Notch didn't buy Analogue Bubblebath 5 from him...

"So then he put thesis two other records up for sale - Analogue Bubblebath 5 and Melodies from Mars and I asked him to stop it - because I want to release them Properly through Warp. It's part of my back catalog did I want them to put out. Then this Notch guy, this Minecraft guy who so bought the Caustic Window test pressing on ebay bought these from him. And I said fine as long as he does not release them. I just do not want anyone to bootleg them"

bit late for that.

Richard's concern was that higher quality rips would end up online, effectively scuppering any reason to release them legitamately.

I guess I can finally share this bit of the whole story since he's mentioned who bought them ultimately:

When we were getting ready to list the Caustic Window LP on Ebay, it was also decided to go ahead and list ABB5 and MFM as well - all was fine until the last minute, when someone sniped both releases - turns out that sniper was Richard himself, as he explained his reasons - the more he thought about higher quality rips getting out there, the less incentive for him to legitimately release them (and he was working towards doing so).

So, we talked with Ebay, got the auctions cancelled, and approached Notch Persson, who at this point was buying the Caustic Window LP (and actually was in the running for Melodies From Mars, but Richard outbid him at the last minute), and Grant talked to Notch, who agreed to purchase the others at an undisclosed price, since we were assured Notch wasn't going to rip and leak these online (keep in mind, this was the last known copy of the MFM test pressing - much higher quality than the tapes that got leaked years ago).

That's why I had to say nay to the Kickstarters for MFM and ABB5, and why the Ebay auctions happened the way they did.

This story is not 100% accurate... ABB5 wasn't bought by Notch.

really now?

I think you should read the rules.

Edited by oscillik

New Clark album announced - supports that Mu post way back which said 2 AFX albums and new Clark at the time.

Lush

source?

we must validate the prophecy.

read the rules

(and this thread: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84612-as-syro-is-pretty-much-clear-lets-speculate-about-eznzea-and-xbpi/page-4)

bit late for that.

Notch didn't buy Analogue Bubblebath 5 from him...

bit late for that.

Richard's concern was that higher quality rips would end up online, effectively scuppering any reason to release them legitamately.

I guess I can finally share this bit of the whole story since he's mentioned who bought them ultimately:

When we were getting ready to list the Caustic Window LP on Ebay, it was also decided to go ahead and list ABB5 and MFM as well - all was fine until the last minute, when someone sniped both releases - turns out that sniper was Richard himself, as he explained his reasons - the more he thought about higher quality rips getting out there, the less incentive for him to legitimately release them (and he was working towards doing so).

So, we talked with Ebay, got the auctions cancelled, and approached Notch Persson, who at this point was buying the Caustic Window LP (and actually was in the running for Melodies From Mars, but Richard outbid him at the last minute), and Grant talked to Notch, who agreed to purchase the others at an undisclosed price, since we were assured Notch wasn't going to rip and leak these online (keep in mind, this was the last known copy of the MFM test pressing - much higher quality than the tapes that got leaked years ago).

That's why I had to say nay to the Kickstarters for MFM and ABB5, and why the Ebay auctions happened the way they did.

This story is not 100% accurate... ABB5 wasn't bought by Notch.

That's correct... the ABB5 was bought by another buyer - I didn't mention this in case they didn't want that to be public knowledge and avoid any potential publicity/scrutiny.

Where are you in Canada, Stephen?

Calgary, sadly! More than a "stones throw" away from you!

WOOT I'm in calgary also. Represent

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Yea, sorry. If we know anything about BK's track record, well, goodbye Tim Horton's... :cry:

Yeah, but Wendy's (a hamburger chain here in the States) owned Timmy's for a bit, so it's not like this spells doom for Timmy's - if anything, it hopefully means Americans will finally get more exposure to double doubles and decent coffee that's not served by a topless mermaid.

Also timmies food is pretty good, if not a bit expensive. Sandwhiches are good/fresh ingredients (doesn't taste like chemicals like subway).

lol we're talking about Tim Hortons in the new Aphex thread.

:emotawesomepm9::cisfor:

Edited by StephenG

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Yea, sorry. If we know anything about BK's track record, well, goodbye Tim Horton's... :cry:

Yeah, but Wendy's (a hamburger chain here in the States) owned Timmy's for a bit, so it's not like this spells doom for Timmy's - if anything, it hopefully means Americans will finally get more exposure to double doubles and decent coffee that's not served by a topless mermaid.

Surprised you said that, I've heard nothing but bad things about Timmy Ho's coffee

*sidenote, I don't drink coffee but I do live near a Tim Hortons*

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Surprised you said that, I've heard nothing but bad things about Timmy Ho's coffee

*sidenote, I don't drink coffee but I do live near a Tim Hortons*

I really liked it when I was up in Canada last year - I have no idea if the Stateside Timmy's are up to the same standards as the domestic ones are.

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Joyrex, burger king, which I frequent often, doesn't know what they want to be. Constantly changing menus, fries, everything. Out of fast food chains in my area, they are the most poorly maintaned, staffed & longest wait times with minimal customers compared to the other big hitters. If it weren't for the great coupons & proximity to work, I wouldn't bother with them. Always a long wait. always...

I hope Tim Hortons survives their plan, whatever it is & no matter how often they change it. Which they will change...and change...and change.

Could go for some chicken fries though...

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Joyrex, burger king, which I frequent often, doesn't know what they want to be. Constantly changing menus, fries, everything. Out of fast food chains in my area, they are the most poorly maintaned, staffed & longest wait times with minimal customers compared to the other big hitters. If it weren't for the great coupons & proximity to work, I wouldn't bother with them. Always a long wait. always...

I hope Tim Hortons survives their plan, whatever it is & no matter how often they change it. Which they will change...and change...and change.

They have already stated they will maintain separate operations and that the merger is just for a tax shelter. I suppose we shall see!

Sorry about Tim Horton's

They have already stated they will maintain separate operations and that the merger is just for a tax shelter. I suppose we shall see!

lol. tax shelter

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Burger King has always tempted me with the variety in their menu, but almost every time I dare to eat there, I end up with really noxious gas (I mean even I can't stand it), or a horrible case of the shits.

Canada's tax on businesses (corporate tax rate) = 15%, USA = 35%

No, no. I don't doubt it, just laughing at the bluntness of BK.

Sorry about Tim Horton's

Burger King has always tempted me with the variety in their menu, but almost every time I dare to eat there, I end up with really noxious gas (I mean even I can't stand it), or a horrible case of the shits.

hmmm...agreed I guess.

This Syro thread is covering so much ground, it's kinda of turning into the second general banter forum.

'Announcing 'Syro' - A new album by Aphex Twin to be released on Warp Records 22/23 September.

Whenever one of the most celebrated and influential electronic fartist, Richard D. James can compete with the music flip to influence built. The better part of a decagon, James Polygon Window, Caustic Window, GAK and maintain, including `Aphex Twin has unreleased music under several thousand monikers great pace.'

i presume you guys noticed this already, i havent been here for the 120 pages

Edited by lala