IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

The film industry is actually doing better than ever apparently.

It's about selling a product that people want at a price that they are willing to pay. So perhaps there hasn't been a rise in cinema lobby popcorn sales

Guest Sequoioideae

If we lived in a perfect world, I would have purchased every bit of music I have. Unfortunately, I'm a poor college student that can't even afford his books. I download things for free, and buy them if I think they're worth the money. Why should I pay for something that I'm not sure I will like? If I hadn't downloaded SAW off slsk I wouldn't have even put money towards Syro and the Caustic Window fundraiser. What little money I have goes to authors, artists, school, instruments, and food. It's unrealistic as fuck to think of downloads as lost profits when they have the potential to have so little worth.

Edited by Sequoioideae

been looking at pre-orders, looked at bleep , $33 US plus 17$ shipping = 50$ US, suck a dick bleep. i have wasted too much money on your over priced shipping. would rather ship from the uk if i had too.

so i started looking for shops in Aus pre-ordering and a few places are saying might be available around the 19th if i pre-order.

but knowing the postal system i doubt it, still hoping for the 19th which is so close i can almost hear the snare rushes flying over the ocean to my ears

Dude, don't trip. Warp is making US edition ones that don't need to imported, no? Isn't this what they do now and have for a while? Just pick up at local shop.

Calculating in US dollars, checking shops in Australia. Either way, shipping to the sun is expensive.

yeah ill get it locally might just have to wait a few days extra. sshipping to the sun blows man.

normally im happy to ship when im cashed up and can afford to buy 4 or 5 records, its worth it then but living like a tightass at the moment to build a modular and records like this aint helping, although will provide great moral support in the journey

Today is when they notify people who entered for the listening party right? Either this or 2001 at the Prince Charles Cinema, Friday night will be IDM.

Guest jasondonervan

Today is when they notify people who entered for the listening party right? Either this or 2001 at the Prince Charles Cinema, Friday night will be IDM.

FRIDM

Guest trananhhung

Nothing is more IDM than watching 2001 at the southbank centre with the soundtrack played by a live orchestra. Trust me.

I still have to go the Prince Charles. Are the screens there any good? They're always doing these director marathons. Almost went to the Tarantino one.

Disclaimer: Random fanboy thoughts imminent

I’ve always thought that RDJ’s work could be divided into three periods: Early years which ended with ICBYD era (put CAT023 here), then some flirting with DSP starting from HAB/RDJ album ending with monumental Drukqs. Then the current era which started with Analords and its ‘’back to the basics’’-like approach. For me Tuss= Analords+Drukqs. It was kind of natural progression so IMO Syro is more a scion to Rushup egde than to Drukqs. Those live tracks somewhat support the feeling having the same vibes as the Tuss tracks. But those are just personal opinions so maybe others have a little bit different approach.

Drukqs has been my favorite album since the day I first hear it so Syro should be quite damn good to dethrone it. The again I thought that Ade could never top TROG but yet he delivered Persistence Of Vision so little did I know. Those live tracks alone assured me that Syro will be fucking ace! Can't wait to get it. Only 24 days left to wait here.

/Posting in Syro thread…

first track is extremely imminent...

shit what time they gonna stream this??

Saturday?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist

Would make sense that it's premiered at some point (evening show) this week and added to the playlist from Sat.

I'd keep an eye out for DJs promoting that they're going to drop a new Aphex Twin. It won't be completely out of the blue. Likely suspects include Mark Riley or Gideon Coe either tonight or tomorrow. Friday they're live at Bestival.