IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

From that Rolling Stone interview:

Are you planning on releasing more new music soon?

I'm in that mode now, so hopefully I'll stay in it for a while. I've got a few more things planned at least a couple more albums, some EPs, things like that. Some more dance-y things I did about 10 years ago. Experimental things, noise things, weird things. Shitloads of stuff. They're all pretty much ready to go. I haven't mastered them yet, but I should get that done pretty quick. It's just trying to work out where to put it all and what to do with it, and nobody helps me. And all this time I'm spending now, I could be making new music, which is why I usually don't end up doing it.

The best news ever

EVER!!!!

Hail to the king baby

Unless trolling this could be the first track by track review...

http://spinalbap.blogspot.com/2014/09/exclusive-track-by-track-review-of.html

A poor mans Alcofribas review.

1/10

Agreed (now that I actually read it). I guess I'm just trying to kill time and distract myself while desperately waiting to find out if I can get into the damn Chicago listening party!

1/10

Agreed (now that I actually read it). I guess I'm just trying to kill time and distract myself while desperately waiting to find out if I can get into the damn Chicago listening party!

for real, it's like a 23 year old Gawker intern read Alcofribas posts here and thought it would be a fun exercise to rip him off

1/10

for real, it's like a 23 year old Gawker intern read Alcofribas posts here and thought it would be a fun exercise to rip him off

Ironically I looked at it quickly and posted before really reading it the same way many sites probably quickly looked at Aphex's ridiculous new "electronic fartist" bio on Warp and just posted it. Looking at it again some of it is kind of funny...

01. minipops 67 (source field mix): "...It’s basically just a 4-track recording of Richard James plucking the same ukulele note over and over again while an anonymous assistant rubs sandpaper across his greying beard...."

02. XMAS_EVET10 (thanaton3 mix): "...Imagine taking drum & bass, halving it, multiplying it by Flying Lotus, and then adding three-fifths of an ex-Napalm Death member who now dabbles in techno..."

05. 180db_ : "...Comes with a free sticker-book and set of six mauve pencils."

07. fz pseudotimestretch+e+3: "You know that second track on Autechre’s third EP? The one you pretended to like as a student? This is basically its sequel, with a more foreboding subtext of strained aquatic grief."

09. Informer (Radio Mix): "A surprisingly faithful rendition of Canadian reggae star Snow’s 1992 chart smash."