IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

sorry if this has already been reported, just made a thread for it but..

JjNzJ48.png

YES

It says Saturday in here. Somebody explain please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist

it's being added to the playlist on saturday, so it will be on heavy rotation across all daytime shows from then. it is being played for the first time tomorrow.

sorry if this has already been reported, just made a thread for it but..

JjNzJ48.png

YES

It says Saturday in here. Somebody explain please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist

it's being added to the playlist on saturday, so it will be on heavy rotation across all daytime shows from then. it is being played for the first time tomorrow.

Heh.

Side note: As I'm listening to older stuff before syro, can I just say how masterful of a track vordhosbn is? Freaking amazing.

Edited by r2c

Heard a preview for Marketplace on the radio this morning that had something along the lines of "...a record sold on eBay recently for $36,000, and it's not even that uncommon" (emphasis added). You know you've made it when Kai Ryssdal is talking about your shit.

Guest HokusPoker

This is probably utopian, but could we establish a rule that the actual tracks (heard at the listening party or leaks or whatever) not be discussed in this thread until the official release date?

I don't want to hear anything being said about them until I've heard them myself.

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but… I'd miss you too much :wub:

Heard a preview for Marketplace on the radio this morning that had something along the lines of "...a record sold on eBay recently for $36,000, and it's not even that uncommon" (emphasis added). You know you've made it when Kai Ryssdal is talking about your shit.

Kai is coming to Houston soon; I might have to go talk to him about that!

This is probably utopian, but could we establish a rule that the actual tracks (heard at the listening party or leaks or whatever) not be discussed in this thread until the official release date?

I don't want to hear anything being said about them until I've heard them myself.

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but… I'd miss you too much :wub:

Seriously? If you see something along the lines of a track description, just keep scrolling.

To be clear, the quote was from one of their correspondents. Wouldn't be surprised if it illicits one of Kai's signature asides, though.

Guest HokusPoker

Seriously? If you see something along the lines of a track description, just keep scrolling.

Like it won't be

OMG TRACK 5 SO GOOD.

Also it's not like a track description starts with: Warning, this is a track description.

But I knew it was utopian.

Like it won't be

OMG TRACK 5 SO GOOD.

Also it's not like a track description starts with: Warning, this is a track description.

But I knew it was utopian.

Well, it's not unreasonable, but getting people to adhere to the rule... especially with so much SYROcitement™ going on...

Guest escmode

i like this idea for the same reasoning....

Guest jasondonervan

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but I'd miss you too much :wub:

Lord_Humungus.jpg

"There has been too much speculation. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your username, the password, and I'll spare you the track details. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the social media wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the Syro."

Has anyone in the US received a confirmation e-mail for any of the US listening parties?

no, haven't seen anything yet. keeping my eyes peeled as well. warp did announce via twitter when the UK entries were closed and emails were being distributed. no word about USA.

Other Music NYC told me to watch their twitter and Facebook. I told them I don't play that shit and the guy said he'd email me if anything goes down, which he won't. I'm going to pester turntable lab next.

Has anyone in the US received a confirmation e-mail for any of the US listening parties?

no, haven't seen anything yet. keeping my eyes peeled as well. warp did announce via twitter when the UK entries were closed and emails were being distributed. no word about USA.

Other Music NYC told me to watch their twitter and Facebook. I told them I don't play that shit and the guy said he'd email me if anything goes down, which he won't. I'm going to pester turntable lab next.

yesterday i called halcyon, other music, TTL and rough trade and none of them seem to know anything about it. gonna keep trying though.

lmao, "i don't play that shit"

you: "hey, tell me something"

them: "we can't tell you that right here this second, but we'll be telling people about it through our thing-teller"

you: "nah, i'm good"

welp, thanks for the info anyway :)

lmao, "i don't play that shit"

you: "hey, tell me something"

them: "we can't tell you that right here this second, but we'll be telling people about it through our thing-teller"

you: "nah, i'm good"

welp, thanks for the info anyway :)

NYC FWIW:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Turntable Lab.

Unfortunately, we have no connection to the Aphex Twin listening parties.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,

Ian McNab

Customer Service

TurntableLab.com