IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

how am i supposed to concentrate at work for the next two days?

edit: after receiving the email the rest of the afternoon was a struggle

look deep into my eyes and focusssssss
  • photo-11039.png?_r=1409779125
Edited by StephenG

how am i supposed to concentrate at work for the next two days?

edit: after receiving the email the rest of the afternoon was a struggle

look deep into my eyes and focusssssss
  • photo-11039.png?_r=1409779125

oddly calming and gave me some focus, don't concentrate on the syro, concentrate on the work that work that will lead you to syro, amen

Guest HokusPoker

This is probably utopian, but could we establish a rule that the actual tracks (heard at the listening party or leaks or whatever) not be discussed in this thread until the official release date?

I don't want to hear anything being said about them until I've heard them myself.

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but I'd miss you too much :wub:

Lord_Humungus.jpg

"There has been too much speculation. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your username, the password, and I'll spare you the track details. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the social media wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the Syro."

I think I deserve a .gif, after all these years, you pig.

was hoping it wouldn't be the manchester track

kg-are-you-serious.gif

Was hoping to hear someone 100% new haha I'll take what I can get though

Trust me, when you hear the track, it will be like something new.

kg-are-you-serious.gif

does it even snare rush?

kg-are-you-serious.gif

well i hope it's really the manchester track like warp says, cause i don't want something totally new to be spoiled for me :-(... so excited to hear this in better quality (best will be the release itself)

Heard a preview for Marketplace on the radio this morning that had something along the lines of "...a record sold on eBay recently for $36,000, and it's not even that uncommon" (emphasis added). You know you've made it when Kai Ryssdal is talking about your shit.

Kai is coming to Houston soon; I might have to go talk to him about that!

This is probably utopian, but could we establish a rule that the actual tracks (heard at the listening party or leaks or whatever) not be discussed in this thread until the official release date?

I don't want to hear anything being said about them until I've heard them myself.

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but… I'd miss you too much :wub:

Seriously? If you see something along the lines of a track description, just keep scrolling.

Like it won't be

OMG TRACK 5 SO GOOD.

Also it's not like a track description starts with: Warning, this is a track description.

But I knew it was utopian.

Well, it's not unreasonable, but getting people to adhere to the rule... especially with so much SYROcitement™ going on...

i am syroxaite

Sure I could just not come back to WATMM until then, but… I'd miss you too much :wub:

i like this idea for the same reasoning....

the only reason i will go trough all this nonsens is to get a review of tracks or the whole album even before the release date

I have a theory; and it's only a theory - all the song and dance and hype surrounding the syro release, and these 'digital content unlock' cards.. and the initial tip off about TWO new albums..

could good guy Richard being playing the industry expense side of the whole thing -

to give us a second lp for nish?

also, couldn't get a London lp ticket, proper bummed.

I have a theory; and it's only a theory - all the song and dance and hype surrounding the syro release, and these 'digital content unlock' cards.. and the initial tip off about TWO new albums..

could good guy Richard being playing the industry expense side of the whole thing -

to give us a second lp for nish?

also, couldn't get a London lp ticket, proper bummed.

Yes.

Too bad, me neither :(

Heh.

Side note: As I'm listening to older stuff before syro, can I just say how masterful of a track vordhosbn is? Freaking amazing.

It is an absolutely amazing piece of music. Just stunning, beginning to end. Possibly the best thing he's ever done. Seriously, no hyperbole. It's that good of a track.

If Metz is any indicator of what's to come...I just cannot believe that the world will be the same once this is released. The garbage phone recordings we have are so chock-full of mastery, that I'm not sure any of us realize what a properly mixed-mastered version of RJD's latest output will entail. p.s. St. Michael's complexity coupled with The Tuss' subtlety and chewyness = yes please.

Edited by ferro4prez

If Metz is any indicator of what's to come...I just cannot believe that the world will be the same once this is released. The garbage phone recordings we have are so chock-full of mastery, that I'm not sure any of us realize what a properly mixed-mastered version of RJD's latest output will entail. p.s. St. Michael's complexity coupled with The Tuss' subtlety and chewyness = yes please.

yeah i have a feeling the live boot does metz little justice