IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

iIEcbPHhIclzU.jpg

Major lol, I really hope we see three checkmarks

n Minehead..... check thats shit

coolandfrank did the bizness with sniffing out Minehead, hence non-inclusion here. I'm quietly confident we'll get a clean sweep though :cool:

Minipops has definitely been mastered to be "loud". Quite a bit of squaring of the peaks when you look at it but my ears haven't tired of it so far. I wonder if the vinyl has been mastered differently. As a comparison here's what Read For The Dead looks like, none of the peaks ended up clipping: UYJ9pTH.png

I guess my Drukqs revisionism desires will be unfulfilled. The fact that someone would say there were no "wtf" moments on that album makes me really question how much they understand about music (not just electronic music, music in general).

naysayers can go fuckemselves quite frankly.

we've all here spent sunday mornings googling new Aphex, whilst enjoying a renaissance of autechre, a formidable return from boards of canada, clark being clark, and wisp, lone, Richard Devine, and tipper, (to my mind) picking up the slack. oh, and chaircrusher's Brostep album.

s'a good time to be alive, people.

drink it up.

"russian"? Does this mean Aphex would go on Russia today? that would be fucking hilarious, that needs to happen

I think it's safe to say the reviews so far at least don't jive with reality itself. The guy says Windowlicker sounded ground-breaking to him but nothing on Drukqs came close? wtf?

edit: the only fear the reviews seem to confirm is that this seems to be a relatively 'good mood' album with not much in the evil vein of Death Fuck from Rushup Edge.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Minipops has definitely been mastered to be "loud". Quite a bit of squaring of the peaks when you look at it but my ears haven't tired of it so far. I wonder if the vinyl has been mastered differently. As a comparison here's what Read For The Dead looks like, none of the peaks ended up clipping: UYJ9pTH.png

one of the first things that jumped out to be about the mastering was how bassy it was (one of the bassiest newer period aphex tracks ever) and how compressed it sounded, but it totally works for the track. Is the same guy who mastered Rushup edge responsible for this?

Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah those reviews are interesting enough. I catch such a trip with minipops actually and it seems, it's just a 7 years old track...I just dont care from when it comes

Edited by arvy Ictal