Date : 2014

<PUBLISHER> : WARP

richrud d jomes - aisatsana 1:45

Aphex Twin - aisatsana 2:32

Edited by Joyrex
Do not post links to file sharing sites, please

No idea if y'all have seen this, from the LP art

rK3ly4X.jpg

some interesting bits on that gear list.. who can decode the braille in the middle?

its a graph showing which gear was used on each track

https://soundcloud.com/richrud-d-jomes

Artist Name : Aphex Twin

Track Title : aisatsana

Album Title : Syro

dude it's pretty pointless to explain it here.. I predict loads of rules to be read by you in the near future =) and by me

btw there was no <PUBLISHER> : WARP when i downloaded it like a week ago, so dunno about that.

Edited by Joyrex
No links to file download sites, please

Guest BunnyRabbit

Disinfographic - I think is a tdr-ism. Disinfo is what their used to tag their shop and whatnot back when.

Not surprising really but the amount of recording gear shows it's not just about the synths.

No GX-1 but EX42. Similar enough.

Klark Teknik DN780 and Midas Venice - I used to work there! :0)

And before anybody jumps the gun: I removed these as they are fake tracks - not because they are real, etc. No need for people to get their hopes up and waste their time. Plus, even if they were legit, we do not allow links to potential leaks/file sharing sites.

https://soundcloud.com/richrud-d-jomes

Artist Name : Aphex Twin

Track Title : aisatsana

Album Title : Syro

dude it's pretty pointless to explain it here.. I predict loads of rules to be read by you in the near future =) and by me

btw there was no <PUBLISHER> : WARP when i downloaded it like a week ago, so dunno about that.

I downloaded it (Aphex.Twin.SYRO(2014).zip) less than an hour ago; but I've been listening to Richrud D. Jomes - Smacking A Tiny Mermaid for more than 24 hours. Using foobar2000.

Here is a youtube playlist featuring demonstrations of almost all the equipment listed. The only ones omitted were rare modules, microphones, pre-amps and EQ's that weren't available on youtube, but they are legitimate devices, searchable through google.

Something to look through for your christmas shopping, a help to guess what might have gone were on the album, or just an opportunity to gawk at the best synthesizer and audio hardware on the planet.

Thanks to Hexahedral for transcribing the list, the neck strain was getting unbearable.

An interesting side note: Most people might be more interested in the big vintage synths, but I noticed, while compiling this list, that other than completely organic stuff like Udu, tongue drums and even wildlife being on there, most of the audio units, processors like expanders, are top of the line rivals in each field - while most people have to argue about getting one or the other, richard has had the opportunity to get all of them, and the best of all worlds so to speak. Beyond that, there's plenty of odd little modules that nobody probably would expect to see on there, like the spring reverb unit on a 70s church organ. It's all just mind-boggingly impressive.

Edited by chim

I removed these as they are fake tracks - not because they are real, etc. No need for people to get their hopes up and waste their time.

download Aphex.Twin.SYRO(2014).zip and listen to produk 29

richrud d jomes - produk 29 2:33

Aphex Twin - produk 29 5:57

Can we ban whylessness already?

how do you order the japanese version if you live in the usa? im on japans amazon and translating the pages, but i have a feeling thats a bad idea

bonervan has you covered:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84583-aphex-twin-new-album-syro/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2205315

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Here is a youtube playlist featuring demonstrations of almost all the equipment listed. The only ones omitted were rare modules, microphones, pre-amps and EQ's that weren't available on youtube, but they are legitimate devices, searchable through google.

Something to look through for your christmas shopping, a help to guess what might have gone were on the album, or just an opportunity to gawk at the best synthesizer and audio hardware on the planet.

Thanks to Hexahedral for transcribing the list, the neck strain was getting unbearable.

An interesting side note: Most people might be more interested in the big vintage synths, but I noticed, while compiling this list, that other than completely organic stuff like Udu, tongue drums and even wildlife being on there, most of the audio units, processors like expanders, are top of the line rivals in each field - while most people have to argue about getting one or the other, richard has had the opportunity to get all of them, and the best of all worlds so to speak. Beyond that, there's plenty of odd little modules that nobody probably would expect to see on there, like the spring reverb unit on a 70s church organ. It's all just mind-boggingly impressive.

Nice work! Deserves it's own thread really, it's just going to get lost in here. That A Designs kit is droolworthy, will be digesting this for a while and getting extremely depressed that none of it is mine

That's actually a good idea timothy, I split it into a separate thread.

Seeing the list of equipment, I think it's fair to say that this album is probably 100% hardware.

Actually not, as there's "Various plugins" on the list as well. But it's safe to say Rich has a preference for hardware sequencers, there being some archaic and unique ones on there.

Edited by chim

you guys.. people out there are hearing this album and i'm not. WHAT THE FUCK???

At least you're not the guy on chatmm who got an invitation sent out but got it in his spam folder, so he missed it.

Gyro....Syro!

nz9NNQ6.png?1

Guest jasondonervan

In the latest part of the Oor interview ( http://oor.nl/#!/articles/aphex_bonus_beats_2_meer_interview_outtakes/feature ) he also says him and Luke are always playing that track out in live sets. Dang. JD, time for another YouTube ID :emotawesomepm9: ?

Just ran this and Barbican again, No copyright flags for either. I've been speculating that Warp or the company responsible for monitoring and crushing leaks or whatever have either dialled it back, or 'unflagged' the former videos on my channel, if that's possible. They no longer show in the copyright notices list on youtube, but I have videos that I posted well over 2 years ago that are still there (as acknowledged). Manchester, Metz, Singapore were all sat there as shown in my original screengrabs, but they aren't any more.

I can only assume the copyright notices were reverted as the IDing was getting a fair bit of perhaps unwarranted attention, and they thought if the videos were automatically taken down that it would be an immediate confirmation anyway? It's not like it's a big deal, I'm just curious how the mechanics of all this work behind the scenes... much like Richard and the itemised billing of Syro :wink:

Guest transmisiones ferox

Looking at reviews from listening parties I think this album will be like every Aphex album for me, some tracks I love, for some tracks I just wouldn't care, I'm glad I'm not a crazy fan like other people, anyway looking forwwarrddd!!