IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Can we ban whylessness already?

how do you order the japanese version if you live in the usa? im on japans amazon and translating the pages, but i have a feeling thats a bad idea

bonervan has you covered:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84583-aphex-twin-new-album-syro/page-8?do=findComment&comment=2205315

thank you both

who posted what in which facebook account? bah, don't worry about it. keeping up with this stuff is too complicated and i've never really bothered hard enough even in the speculation threads etc i was just there for the time wasty lulz and such. Bring on the musics cause cool gossips is wasted on me because even had i ever been a party to something cool at any point it wouldn't take many months/years for me to forget what it was, so what's the point in knowing i suppose is what i'm saying, heh, I'm useless when my friends reminisce, i'm all like wuh, did that happen, what. Still though it's nice in the moment to know things. You get a little spark of 'ahh'. [-;

The description of "180dB_" in both FACT and The Quietus track-by-track reviews makes me think it might be the Snowbombing track. It is around the right BPM too.

@6.57 here for those who aren't familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzLEMYXPkcE

FACT:

05 ’180db_’

Bit of a swagger here: this one’s got the confidence to roll with nothing more than the main riff, which is fuzzy and buzzy, and four-to-the-floor kick drum for large sections. It’s the first blatant dancefloor track of the record – bit of a shame it’s ironically the shortest one too, as it feels like it could quite happily just jam on for an age, especially after the straight beat turns into a break not a million miles from the Baby Ford ‘Helston Flora Remix’.

The Quietus:

The bpms creep up again for '180db_', which starts out as clattering techno with warped hoover noises, before a breakbeat is dropped and it turns into a slab of gnarly, crusty techno that sounds like something from a Spiral Tribe DJ set from a 90s free party rave-up.

Great call. I think you're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9QLBDI3he8

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

????

I definitely heard that Snowbombing track at the listening party in LA.

100% CONFIRMED.

Actually, one of the highlights of the album, imo.

Edited by J3FF3R00