IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

HEY...... are the two "Aphex Twin and Krzysztof Penderecki Live at ECC2011" electronic tracks on Syro? Don't sound like it but greedily hoping for em on "eznzea2" or "xbpi" or whatves i!!

Jesus i'm aphex-hungry

HEY...... are the two "Aphex Twin and Krzysztof Penderecki Live at ECC2011" electronic tracks on Syro? Don't sound like it but greedily hoping for em on "eznzea2" or "xbpi" or whatves i!!

Jesus i'm aphex-hungry

No.

Guest Chesney

Clipping/Hard compression can be used as an effect so maybe he likes that final sound. Why wouldn't he? it's released as such. There are no rules to creating/recording music, anybody that says something is wrong then they are closed cunts who only follow. If you like the finished result of something then it's done right regardless of how much non conventional technique or lack of was used.

I you don't like the finished sounds then just don't listen and let others who do appreciate it.

Sometimes I like the harshness of clipping/brickwalling or whatever, It has it's place in music.

why is it ok to endlessly discuss and drag out every possibly even slightly related to this album topic, across several threads and this one which is almost 200 pages now, for an album that still isn't out yet, but not ok to talk about the mastering?

which, correct me if i'm wrong here, IS a part of the record... ?

just like all the other stuff that is apparently ok to obsess over and nitpick, such as the packaging, the gear used, production, timeline, relation to previous stuff, relation to other artists, mixing, etc etc etc etc. the mastering is a part of the album too. but for some reason if you talk about THAT, some people become bitches.

seriously, youre in a thread thats almost 200 pages for an album that isn't out yet, and youre complaining because some other people are obsessing over a detail. in a thread thats 200 pages of obsession. at a forum thats a got a million pages of obsession on it. and youre here because of your own obsessions and your posts here contain numerous obsessions. so to ludds 'you fucking people', i'd say dude look at your fucking post count and how long youve been here and step back and reconsider your assertion that you arent 'fucking people' yourself.

and this is all besides the fact of the post earlier showing that the man himself has expressed the same exact type of concerns that people are ironically stepping in to defend him from. which just makes the whole thing a bit next level derpy

why is it ok to endlessly discuss and drag out every possibly even slightly related to this album topic, across several threads and this one which is almost 200 pages now, for an album that still isn't out yet, but not ok to talk about the mastering?

which, correct me if i'm wrong here, IS a part of the record... ?

just like all the other stuff that is apparently ok to obsess over and nitpick, such as the packaging, the gear used, production, timeline, relation to previous stuff, relation to other artists, mixing, etc etc etc etc. the mastering is a part of the album too. but for some reason if you talk about THAT, some people become bitches.

seriously, youre in a thread thats almost 200 pages for an album that isn't out yet, and youre complaining because some other people are obsessing over a detail. in a thread thats 200 pages of obsession. at a forum thats a got a million pages of obsession on it. and youre here because of your own obsessions and your posts here contain numerous obsessions. so to ludds 'you fucking people', i'd say dude look at your fucking post count and how long youve been here and step back and reconsider your assertion that you arent 'fucking people' yourself.

and this is all besides the fact of the post earlier showing that the man himself has expressed the same exact type of concerns that people are ironically stepping in to defend him from. which just makes the whole thing a bit next level derpy

spoken like a true mastering engineer

anyone who it applies to

i just dont get the hostility and ridicule towards people for doing the same thing as everyone else at this forum does on a regular basis, which is nitpick details obsessively. especially when the detail is just as relevant to the topic of this album as anything else thats been discussed. but i think i laid it out pretty clear in that post.

Edited by MisterE

I'm just messing with you! I respect your knowledge. Sorry if I have offended you.

It isn't the first time though, it seems you have a hard time taking internet posts lightly....

Guest Chesney

Cool.

I think talking about mastering/recording techniques ets is all good, i'm well down for that. All I was saying that certain people who are well versed in these arts can be one dimensional with their opinions and will flat out say that something is done bad or wrong. Nothing is wrong if you get a result you like.

This is discussing it, not dissmissing it.

I'm just messing with you! I respect your knowledge. Sorry if I have offended you.

It isn't the first time though, it seems you have a hard time taking internet posts lightly....

no you havent offended me it just seemed like you were trying to say something and i asked for clarification is all

Cool.

I think talking about mastering/recording techniques ets is all good, i'm well down for that. All I was saying that certain people who are well versed in these arts can be one dimensional with their opinions and will flat out say that something is done bad or wrong. Nothing is wrong if you get a result you like.

This is discussing it, not dissmissing it.

i mean yeah i agree with that. i think maybe he had it mastered that way on purpose for whatever reason. i think skibby had a point with how the bass reacts to the compression/limiting that gives it a big sound, maybe having been part of that plan. i like the way the track sounds. but i think it makes just as much sense for other people who express a bit of concern about extreme compression to do that, just as rich himself did in that interview

it's limited to heck but it still sounds pretty good. the low end is great. whoever mastered it knows what they're doing.

oh god now i am discussing this as well ffs.