IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I think this picture is a manuel to "how to listen to Syro" : lying in the grass, surrounded by bees & little flowers, wearing a blue sweater and dreaming about Modular synthesizer.

good night

Just was at the Utrecht listening party. Found the place by spotting two aphex logos on the window. Very strict door policy: ID check, phones, bags, etc. had to be stored before the security crew frisked you. The usual goodies were given, but only if you entered your name to preorder the album at a local store. Someone also walked out with a huuuge poster of the cover of Oor magazine at the end :)

Before the album started there was a short announcement about Syro, with the notion not to keep it too long, because apparently the guy in Brussels told the whole life story of Richard beforehand... I'll keep my impressions short: the album easily exceeded my expectations. Overwhelming. Could've sworn the third track was a track made by Luke Vibert 10 years ago. Obviously a huge influence. Singapore track seemed way too short, but was so, so good to hear in full finally. Overall way more upbeat stuff then I expected, all very fresh stuff. Lots of people were talking really loud (typically Dutch), didnt really bother me though. Lol'ed because a girl sitting next to me told another girl on the dancefloor to stfu for the rest of the album, just after the last track.

Overall, had a really good time, met some very nice people, had a great listening experience. Also got myself an Oor mag (translating asap!), together with a nice Syro poster + the bag with the goodies.

(Also, did I just read Autechre cancelled their tour? They were just announced at a Dutch festival (Le Guess Who) last week, posters of it were everywhere tonight. Thats really nasty if true)

Just was at the Utrecht listening party. Found the place by spotting two aphex logos on the window. Very strict door policy: ID check, phones, bags, etc. had to be stored before the security crew frisked you. The usual goodies were given, but only if you entered your name to preorder the album at a local store. Someone also walked out with a huuuge poster of the cover of Oor magazine at the end :)

Before the album started there was a short announcement about Syro, with the notion not to keep it too long, because apparently the guy in Brussels told the whole life story of Richard beforehand... I'll keep my impressions short: the album easily exceeded my expectations. Overwhelming. Could've sworn the third track was a track made by Luke Vibert 10 years ago. Obviously a huge influence. Singapore track seemed way too short, but was so, so good to hear in full finally. Overall way more upbeat stuff then I expected, all very fresh stuff. Lots of people were talking really loud (typically Dutch), didnt really bother me though. Lol'ed because a girl sitting next to me told another girl on the dancefloor to stfu for the rest of the album, just after the last track.

Overall, had a really good time, met some very nice people, had a great listening experience. Also got myself an Oor mag (translating asap!), together with a nice Syro poster + the bag with the goodies.

(Also, did I just read Autechre cancelled their tour? They were just announced at a Dutch festival (Le Guess Who) last week, posters of it were everywhere tonight. Thats really nasty if true)

apparently sean came into chatmm last week and said the tour's off

They're still playing at Le Guess Who and other selected festivals, but overall the tour is cancelled yes.

autechre should play in kansas. even if im the only one in the crowd it will still a be a dope show. autechre come to kansas

lul

I used to be your neighbour. Lived in muskogee county in Oklahoma for a year.

Not a lot of autechre type people in that area. haha

Those of you who contributed to the Caustic Window LP thing should be really proud of yourselves right now. It seems from the recent interviews that it's probably the biggest thing that pushed this release. Also the inclusion of these long time fan favourite tracks is probably his way of giving back and showing appreciation. I don't think we would have gotten these tracks otherwise.
Seriously well done and thanks.

Those of you who contributed to the Caustic Window LP thing should be really proud of yourselves right now. It seems from the recent interviews that it's probably the biggest thing that pushed this release.

RDJ said in a recent interview that he handed the album over to Warp six months ago, that would be around February/March. So, no.

Edit: I'd rather say it was a very convenient lead-up to the Syro release campaign.

Edited by psn

Those of you who contributed to the Caustic Window LP thing should be really proud of yourselves right now. It seems from the recent interviews that it's probably the biggest thing that pushed this release.

RDJ said in a recent interview that he handed the album over to Warp six months ago, that would be around February/March. So, no.

Really? well then you're all still Cunts. Nevermind.

Although the kickstarter was almost 6 months ago so still possibly valid.

Edited by A Reggae Lee Bowyer

autechre should play in kansas. even if im the only one in the crowd it will still a be a dope show. autechre come to kansas

lul

I used to be your neighbour. Lived in muskogee county in Oklahoma for a year.

Not a lot of autechre type people in that area. haha

nice, there is a few people from the area on watmm. i'm sure if autechre played there would be at least 100 people but nothing compared to BASSNEECTAR