IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

So, a question about release date: I assumed (I know, I know) that when you pre-order the CD at a local store, the Syro credit card gives you the right to download the mp3 from Bleep on release date. I was wrong, and who knows where i got the idea, since nothing ever said that. I'm an idiot apparently.

I can of course rip the CD myself, but what irks me a bit is that the release date listed by the store for pick-up (and for everywhere except Bleep) is Sept. 23, rather than Sept. 22 on Blerp. I was hoping to download from Blurp on Sept. 22 and just pick up the CD a few days later when I have the chance.

Anyway, what the hell is my question? Am I correct that Bloop's release date is one day earlier than everything else?

Guest jasondonervan

Am I correct that Bloop's release date is one day earlier than everything else?

is2aPoj2iNPWj.gif

I could be wrong here, but aren't the two dates mentioned to cover general regional release days, ie UK/Europe = Mondays, US = Tuesdays?

I still hope that they will drop the digital on the 19th (I saw that date being mentioned a few times on different sites), and 22nd + 23rd for physical release (what jasondonervan said). We'll have to wait to find out though!

Need to hear it again ASAP...

It's out on the 19th in Switzerland.

Is that an official release date there?

Nope, Wikipedia and some blogs. Maybe it's on Bleep, cba to check right now.

Edited by chronical

Bleep was super slow for me the moment Minipops was released to the public, took about a minute to get the download window to open,

or is that how long it's supposed to take? If not, i can only imagine how it will be on release day.

oddly enough I preordered on amazon about 2 weeks ago. My order says: Release date: 19.09.2014 but shipment date is the 24th...I amkinda bummed...

I''m amazed it hasnt leaked yet. If it's out in Europe on the 19th, you'd think the shops would be getting their shipment of CDs pretty soon, if not already

it will leak within minutes of any store or distro receiving stock, which will be probably at least 5 days before official release

I'm very impressed at it not leaking. Are they using trend setting methods?

Not sending it out to (online) magazines, they were invited at the listening parties without their phones. Otherwise, journalists were invited to go to Warp HQ and listen to it there after the same strict policies. There are a few watermarked CD's as well, but the people who have that know that if they leak it, they won't get anymore stuff by Warp. Glad Warp has found a way!

Bleep was super slow for me the moment Minipops was released to the public, took about a minute to get the download window to open,

or is that how long it's supposed to take? If not, i can only imagine how it will be on release day.

Blerp famously crashed when Tomorrow's Harvest, Exai and even L-Event came out - I expect SYRO will cause Blerp to produce a mushroom cloud the size of Manchester...

Not sending it out to (online) magazines, they were invited at the listening parties without their phones. Otherwise, journalists were invited to go to Warp HQ and listen to it there after the same strict policies. There are a few watermarked CD's as well, but the people who have that know that if they leak it, they won't get anymore stuff by Warp. Glad Warp has found a way!

They also have an online streaming solution... not allowed to say anything more about that though.

Blerp famously crashed when Tomorrow's Harvest, Exai and even L-Event came out - I expect SYRO will cause Blerp to produce a mushroom cloud the size of Manchester...

They also have an online streaming solution... not allowed to say anything more about that though.

I think that spanish screenshot from instagram may have been a little glimpse :) which i've never seen/heard of being used before so i was wondering if Warp was the first. Also, I'm guessing they have to be printed by now (?) or maybe not.

Edited by colunga

^ "We are delighted to present this advance bum to you"

Pretty hash description of Richard there from Werp Racords

Yes, twas most lel.

Also, thanks to herr Jan for the interview thingoe and uploading it to that place where i could read it on my phone cause i am not logged in to watmm on that. I know that this is the incorrect thread to say that, but he'll read this and i can't be fukt opening it, i'm off to bed, be good watmm.

Guest MaxKDanielsson

Those are Denon headphones, probably DN-HP1000 model.

Very loud phones.

Ah thanks ! I looked it up and it was the DN-HP1000 (Black) :)

Posted by Richard j. Dames:

(quite) Good fakes? Marketing? Does my post break the rules? :derp:

"dancing grandma new pineal cardiomix aphex twin"

Edited by tnuc