IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

@delet... I've preordered the mp3s from Warp but I'll take a look in Black Cat records in West End after dropping my lad at school on Friday. I'll let you know if anything shows up. Bit of a trek from Carindale, mind.

Cool, i'll add that place to my search (i haven't bought physical media in over a decade so it's strange trying to think where sells it), which will be in the morning (i work nights). I'll post up if i grab it, to gloat and well stuff.

[-;

it would be great if we made it to release day without a leak.

release time is when album sales happen, and leaks factor into those numbers noticably. it's clear richard and warp dont want it to leak and are going to some lengths to thwart a leak, evidenced by watermarked promos and "file tracking pre leak and monitored take downs of illegal download links" mentioned on the limited vinyl art receipt rundown

it would be a meaningful show of respect if it didn't leak

there are lots of good albums already released for people to listen to for another week

Syro it's obviously already delivered at some shops, the big ones like Rough Trade for example, the smaller shall receive them in a couple of days.

either a miracle, be prepared for the leak

Guest jasondonervan

Syro it's obviously already delivered at some shops, the big ones like Rough Trade for example, the smaller shall receive them in a couple of days.

ibnlGmFBlpdYHi.jpg

ibnlGmFBlpdYHi.jpg

it's like the Beaujolais Nouveau, we recieve them earlier, we supposed to not open a bottle before the date but hell we do ....

ibnlGmFBlpdYHi.jpg

Personally I hope it doesn't leak. Not because of lost sales - Bleep and Aphex will be crying all the way to the bank with this album anyway.

It's due next Monday which means that the digital editions will likely go out a few minutes after midnight on Sunday in your timezone. It's not long to wait. If I couldn't even do that, it would say more about me than anything esle.

Interesting picture btw. Is that how normal advance copies go out? Do you work in a store somewhere?

One of my local record stores had Exai on their shelves a couple of days before the release, but maybe that wasn't as "highly street date sensitive"?

Even if it doesn't "leak", when Australia, New Zealand and a couple of European countries get Syro on Friday, that means by Thursday night/Friday morning European time someone will probably have already shared it, and if I can I'll be listening to it over the weekend and not waiting until Monday to be honest. What's the reasoning behind those staggered release dates anyway?

One of my local record stores had Exai on their shelves a couple of days before the release, but maybe that wasn't as "highly street date sensitive"?

Even if it doesn't "leak", when Australia, New Zealand and a couple of European countries get Syro on Friday, that means by Thursday night/Friday morning European time someone will probably have already shared it, and if I can I'll be listening to it over the weekend and not waiting until Monday to be honest. What's the reasoning behind those staggered release dates anyway?

To get threads with 200+ pages before anyone has heard anything.

Edited by scumtron

I guess some indie stores want to jump the gun a little bit - online pre orders sometimes come early but also they sometimes come late (Blerp) so maybe if they get a little bit of a local reputation for getting albums out sneakily then that's no bad thing for your local independent vinyl retailer.

so when is the release date? the 19th, the 22nd or the 23rd?

AUS is first to release on the 19th, and because they want to prevent leaks Bleep will probably release the digital versions that day (worldwide) too.

UK/EU is 22nd

US is 23rd

I'm guessing it's something like that.