IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Wikipedia has the following (which if you look at the references seems to be based mostly on people checking their local iTunes release dates):

Syro will be released on Warp Records on 19 September 2014 in Australia, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand and Switzerland; 21 September in the UK; 22 September in various European countries, including Denmark and Sweden; 23 September in the US; and 24 September in Japan.

Seems kind of random, doesn't it?

Wikipedia has the following (which if you look at the references seems to be based mostly on people checking their local iTunes release dates):

Syro will be released on Warp Records on 19 September 2014 in Australia, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand and Switzerland; 21 September in the UK; 22 September in various European countries, including Denmark and Sweden; 23 September in the US; and 24 September in Japan.

Seems kind of random, doesn't it?

The Swedish shops I've looked at all have the release date as the 19th.

I think I will go to check the record stores around here on friday (where it comes out here in germany) and if I can get it, cancel my amazon order which cliams it won't be shipped before the 24th.

Interview with tDR's Ian Anderson about designing album art for Aphex and whatnot:

https://www.grafik.net/category/feature/warp-all#

lol how many ITW he made in one month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i admire his patience, i couldn't

edit : thought it was RDJ gone too fast, the statement is still funny and real

Edited by klore

Digital files are out the 19, as are pre-orders.

That's my guess.

well I thought so too, but I already ordered a month ago and amazon says "estimated shipping date: september 24th."

Digital files are out the 19, as are pre-orders.

That's my guess.

well I thought so too, but I already ordered a month ago and amazon says "estimated shipping date: september 24th."

Also bleep says digitals are out on the 22. I remember they didn't release TH a bit earlier until tons of people asked them to. Donno. I'm guessing even when it leaks from the 19th countries they'll still hold on to it.

Edited by Gravity

the talk about disinfo is funny to me, because its been pretty firmly established that rich has told some fibs and stretched the truth to create this mythos around himself, yet for some reason he does these interviews, says more outrageous things, and it seems like maybe half the people here just take him at face value on all of them, as if he didn't have that reputation or somehow things are different now. then you have the people who say things like 'its easy to see when hes lying and when he's being honest'. no. it isn't. nobody knows unless you do. and you don't.

When I ask about the process of producing the artwork for Syro, Burton tells me, “We've had the album since December. It wasn't one hundred per cent finished at that point, but I started talking to Ian round about that time. Richard specifically asked for Ian”.

That seems to suggest (as I've suspected) that this has been a process that's been a while in the making, and that the Discogs listing of "Caustic Window LP" was part of the plan all along.

When I ask about the process of producing the artwork for Syro, Burton tells me, “We've had the album since December. It wasn't one hundred per cent finished at that point, but I started talking to Ian round about that time. Richard specifically asked for Ian”.

That seems to suggest (as I've suspected) that this has been a process that's been a while in the making, and that the Discogs listing of "Caustic Window LP" was part of the plan all along.

CW LP was not a part of the plan, just coincidence. It was Grant that pulled that stunt off for other reasons, had absolutely nothing to do with Warp. Besides that, Richard had no clue about the marketing planning of Syro at all. He didn't even know about the blimp.

The whole Kickstarter did trigger Richard to start thinking more about sharing his music with his fans more.

Yeah, I've read all that, too. I understand that Grant needed the money. But that is a coincidence that is also quite an opportunity, isn't it? That discogs listing created quite a buzz when it was found, shortly after some jokey post on FACT magazine's website. Wasn't that the same news outlet that had a history of similar jokey posts about other big-name Warp artists. Just a coincidence, I guess.

Just got a campaign mail from Bleep saying people who pre-order in stores, get a limited edition card.

I hope Bleep send something out to people who ordered direct from them, literally within minutes of it going up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o96nha2mbzoodtk/Screenshot%202014-09-15%2013.30.01.png?dl=0

Just got a campaign mail from Bleep saying people who pre-order in stores, get a limited edition card.

I hope Bleep send something out to people who ordered direct from them, literally within minutes of it going up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o96nha2mbzoodtk/Screenshot%202014-09-15%2013.30.01.png?dl=0

isn't that the famous green dropcard? if so its pretty much old news no?

Probably but I wouldn't mind something for a vinyl pre-order I placed (along with probably dozens of folks on here).

Guest slandercat

Has anyone drawn the parallels between Richard Linklater's Boyhood and the timing of the Syro release?

Boyhood was shot over a period of 11 years, between May 2002 and October 2013, so the cycle wasn't quite as long as the Aphex album silence, but considering the film only released a few months ago there's quite a similarity.

From Drukqs to Syro. Crazy to think -

ellarmaster.jpg

A lot of the film uses popular music to convey the time period being covered. I demand a fan film edit starting with Avril 14th on six year old Mason, and finishing with Minipops (or whatever) when he's 18.

Has anyone drawn the parallels between Richard Linklater's Boyhood and the timing of the Syro release?

Boyhood was shot over a period of 11 years, between May 2002 and October 2013, so the cycle wasn't quite as long as the Aphex album silence, but considering the film only released a few months ago there's quite a similarity.

From Drukqs to Syro. Crazy to think -

ellarmaster.jpg

A lot of the film uses popular music to convey the time period being covered. I demand a fan film edit starting with Avril 14th on six year old Mason, and finishing with Minipops (or whatever) when he's 18.

even better yet, a fan edit with avril 14 looped during the entire length of the film, just the first few opening chords

Probably but I wouldn't mind something for a vinyl pre-order I placed (along with probably dozens of folks on here).

You already got minipops I suppose?

Now all that's left is the exquisite pleasure of having your physical item shipped to you slowly and expensively so that you receive it sometime after everyone else has gotten theirs from the shops for cheaper. At least that's what my experience with Exai and TH was like.

This time I'll just torrent the shit out of it at the first chance I get, try to buy the vinyl somewhere on release day, and finally wait for my Japanese CD to arrive.