IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

More about "compression squares" (artifacts of the discrete cosine transform)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrete_cosine_transform

Anal Forensics Next Level

learned the basics of this in calculus actually.

the basics.

not even wiki level tbh

Yeah I just want to hear it. Considering I got a despatch notice today and it said 7–28 days, and I'm off to Japan in 7 days, I guess I'll be smashing the digital before I get a chance to hear it on vinyl!

i seriously cannot wait for RDJ channeling Pierre Bastian, it's going to be game-changing ... I can feel it. *tom jenkinson rolls in LED mask*

What, like at 6:15 here?

Guest cult fiction

It's bizarre that a few months ago I never thought any of these amazing tracks would come out, now I'm angry that I might have to wait ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE END OF THE WEEK for it to leak. Syro pls.

If warp sends out download codes right after it leaks, this will have been I think one of the best album releases in modern memory - perfect reveal time, t good amount of hype but not too much, some nice interviews, wacky press release, putting up minipops seconds after it aired on the radio, no leaks right up to the last minute. Nice work warp, it has erased about 1/2 of the sting of receiving TH months late.

Yeah I just want to hear it. Considering I got a despatch notice today and it said 7–28 days, and I'm off to Japan in 7 days, I guess I'll be smashing the digital before I get a chance to hear it on vinyl!

That happened to me last year on vacay in Boston when Tomorrow's Harvest came out. Had to go digital. I mean I'd preordered the CD so it was probably at my house, but here I was in Boston record stores looking at the CD, and on bloody sale too.

That happened to me last year on vacay in Boston when Tomorrow's Harvest came out. Had to go digital. I mean I'd preordered the CD so it was probably at my house, but here I was in Boston record stores looking at the CD, and on bloody sale too.

haha, if I see it on CD on friday (ie. release day in Aus) and I don't have a digital download by then, I might just have to buy it, argh.

I'm more excited about the new electromechanical album than Syro to be honest.

is that a music? or you mean electro acoustic.

edit: either way. i agree. i need expanding.

Edited by thrones

Guest kingkryzon

I hope i dont look like a troll because its my first post, but i've got the album at my record store yesterday and i have to admit - personally i think the album isnt that great
of course there is metz and manchester track but despite that those other tracks dont have the magic other afx albums had.
The last track is pretty good tho.

I hope i dont look like a troll because its my first post, but i've got the album at my record store yesterday and i have to admit - personally i think the album isnt that great

of course there is metz and manchester track but despite that those other tracks dont have the magic other afx albums had.

where did you get it?

I agree with this strange new dude. But hey, this means new aphex twin is cumming soon!

Guest kingkryzon

where did you get it?

Optimal Records in Munich, Germany - Looks like it was one of the first record stores to have it

Edited by kingkryzon