IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

LEEEAK please

Also, slightly off-topic: what's the easiest way to paste an image into a post on here?

In the editor, click on the polaroid with a tree on it, paste image url.

Any best method for uploading a pic to get the URL? Says tinypic/twitter etc aren't supported :(

Guest kingkryzon

I hope i dont look like a troll because its my first post, but i've got the album at my record store yesterday and i have to admit - personally i think the album isnt that great

of course there is metz and manchester track but despite that those other tracks dont have the magic other afx albums had.

The last track is pretty good tho.

That's fine if you don't like it/it's not to your personal taste.

But what do you mean by it "isn't that great"?

Is there something you've heard recently that you find better? Something specific that makes the album not great? IE lack of technical skills?

I find it hard to believe that it's not good music, although I understand if it's not to your taste.. =/

Well first off its perfectly mixed and mastered! But personally this album lacks the magic the other albums had. I tried to figure out why it didnt suit myself but its hard to say.

Its definitly good music but... well listen to it by yourself =)

LEEEAK please

Also, slightly off-topic: what's the easiest way to paste an image into a post on here?

Any best method for uploading a pic to get the URL? Says tinypic/twitter etc aren't supported :(

upload it to imgur, then use the img and /img tags to link here.

I hope i dont look like a troll because its my first post, but i've got the album at my record store yesterday and i have to admit - personally i think the album isnt that great

of course there is metz and manchester track but despite that those other tracks dont have the magic other afx albums had.

Is there something you've heard recently that you find better? Something specific that makes the album not great? IE lack of technical skills?

I find it hard to believe that it's not good music, although I understand if it's not to your taste.. =/

Well first off its perfectly mixed and mastered! But personally this album lacks the magic the other albums had. I tried to figure out why it didnt suit myself but its hard to say.

makes sense.

That said, sometimes I find albums need quite a few listens as well as some time for it to age to add context before I appreciate them. Maybe it's a grower =)

the consyrotive party would like to announce:

8mwhnfu.jpg

LEEEAK please

upload it to imgur, then use the img and /img tags to link here.

Many thanks!

makes sense.

That said, sometimes I find albums need quite a few listens as well as some time for it to age to add context before I appreciate them. Maybe it's a grower =)

I think because there is already sooooooooooooooooooooo much music similar to Aphex Twin that it of course doens't sounds that impressive. But yeah, still good muzak.

Guest kingkryzon

makes sense.

I think because there is already sooooooooooooooooooooo much music similar to Aphex Twin that it of course doens't sounds that impressive. But yeah, still good muzak.

Nah - probably im just a fan of the more melodic "easier" things ; also a reason why i struggle sometimes with druqks.

as long as its got "sharting FM" like at the end of the syrobonkus preview, I'll be happy

Sharting FM™ is a phrase coined by Skibby (just now)

this does feel retro. Not necessarily in the sounds themselves, but in the melodies. Produk reminds me of the kinds of funkiness you'd see in a space shooter on the snes for example.

Nah - probably im just a fan of the more melodic "easier" things ; also a reason why i struggle sometimes with druqks.

according to the preview the album seems fairly digestible melodically.

Edited by Brisbot

makes sense.

Did you like uziqs Somerset Avenue Tracks this year?

circlont6a reminds me of taking control

I thought that straight away too. Sounds like he's taken the same approach with this one using a similar beat and vocal samples.

+ analoggins

Also It has CDP DistortRepeat-processed voice at the beginning.

Produk 29 has a really sick breakdown where everything sort of dwindles out, leaving the drums alone for a bar or so before they come to a halt, and then kick back in again after a short pause.

Circlont6A has bit of a Squarepusher feel, I think. It was one of the tracks that on first listen sounded the least like Aphex.