IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Hurrrgghhh was going to wait until I held it in my hand Monday but that day I will also be working the late then picking up someone from the airport, and listening to it tomorrow evening with a beer will be such a joy.

So I wake up and every bugger has downloaded a leak. Can't you guys wait a few more days? Feel sad for Richard and Warp who have obviously put a lot of effort into trying to keep this under wraps.

you for serious..i aint unwrapping that vinyl . how else im going to listen to this...i aint buying diigital on top...sheeshh

I imagine that predominantly everyone on watmm or those itt have already pre ordered the album. I think it's ok to DL a leek in advance right?

The point is that it really doesn't matter whether people think it's OK or not. We're not here to be validated by the WATMM-peer group, right? At least, I hope people aren't looking for some kind of validation.

It's new Aphex and you can listen to it. Extra karma points if you paid for it. Ironically, it's prolly those people who've paid for different formats (paid multippple times) who're listening already...

But I'll smile to another girl today for some extra karma points if people can sleep better because of it.

So I wake up and every bugger has downloaded a leak. Can't you guys wait a few more days? Feel sad for Richard and Warp who have obviously put a lot of effort into trying to keep this under wraps.

Is this sarcasm :emotawesomepm9:

I paid for the LP, out of respect for AFX/WARP but i'm actually listening to it via...flac out of respect for my ears, since bleep only gives mp3 versions & i dont think AFX & mp3 mixes very well. why are they giving mp3 with the physical release while i used to get my vinyls from bleep along 24 bit WAV with Oversteps, Move of Ten, Exai & L'Event ???

I preordered the vinyl for myself even though I don't own record player. I also bought a cd to lend to friends. I'm feeling no guilt about the leak. If anything I'm grateful I can go back to living a normal life, one where I'm not refreshing watmm every two seconds.

Edited by Alfred P McLovely III

both CIRCLONTs remind me strongly of the more chilled out drill n bass Drukqs tracks, (Meltphace, St Michaels Mount). I still can't begin to get my head around them after about 5 listens but they sound awesome.

Mont St Michel chilled out eh ?

Anyway, Syro :

RaAhBBk4Tpk8e8onxax4EjUmo1_500.jpg

On first listen, I love the more donwtempo ones (damn, the 5 first ones are incredible), as well as papat4 and syro u473t8+e. And Aisatsana is gorgeous. Can't wait to receive the triple LP and Japanese edition CD.

Ps: might be the leak (and the fact I can't listen to Syro on my monitors at the moment), but aren't the mixes darker than on his previous albums ?

re listening to leaks, given i pre-ordered the vinyl and cd ages ago, i'm personally ok listening to music before when i'm "supposed to" due to some artificial commercial release restriction imposed for marketing reasons.

i 100% understand why warp would care (i would too if i were them) but don't know why afx would care

Edited by xf