IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

looks like another syro song is being played out

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/512530770356088833

lol, I'll wager there have already been a fair few 'world exclusive' Aphex plays over the past 12 hours or so...

I can't see Blerp pushing the digital versions out today. For one thing the listening parties are on today, obviously the most determined have already grabbed it hooky, but if word got around that you could start downloading it from Bleep now, they would be desolate (ie empty, not franchised versions of MadameChaos' club night). I've ordered more copies of this album across various formats than is rightly sane, but I don't think that justifies my downloading of a leak, which I have fallen victim to. However, from past experience I know that Bleep will be on its knees within seconds of the official downloads going live - I can't be bothered waiting hours and hours to deal with their dodgy infrastructure when it comes to getting hold of a highly-anticipated release.

I'm putting the kettle on shortly, making up a nice brew and kicking back with the AKGs for my first listen. :music:

Already I've achieved more at work this morning than the rest of this week put together. DLed FLAC leak this morning. Listened to a snippet of PAPAT to get my thighs moistened for the day.

Now cleared my mind completely knowing that tonight I will listen to the whole thing in all it's glory (as much as is possible on a set of ancient Technics cabs), with a spliff the size of my boner.

This leak works well for me. When my 'legal' versions arrive, I'll have a cd, a set of mp3s AND a set of FLACs.

Fanku Afecks.

Guest John Rimble

dark beer in hand, tracks loaded, pajamas on, genelecs set to loud, validation of having spent cash on 3 formats which will arive shortly, leak ready to be defrosted. Verb engadged..1.. (of a container or covering) accidentally lose or admit contents, especially liquid or gas, through a hole or crack. Happy Willing Ready.

Especially of note, for me, is that there is a lot of emotional content in here that feels very warm and dream / lucid-dream like. Perhaps it is just that I've taken Valerian and am half awake but it is notably deep emotionally. It has been some time since I have been this directly shaken by music.

For a synaesthete it is a lot of information, almost an overload, at first listen so I will need more time to absorb every detail and feeling, but the mind/dream/etc-scapes that it generates within me are immediately vivid and feel like they have one foot inside this world's door, and the rest very much outside.

nice first impression most of the people are like fuck yeah, holy balls,anus etc...

looks like another syro song is being played out

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/512530770356088833

lol, I'll wager there have already been a fair few 'world exclusive' Aphex plays over the past 12 hours or so...

I can't see Blerp pushing the digital versions out today. For one thing the listening parties are on today, obviously the most determined have already grabbed it hooky, but if word got around that you could start downloading it from Bleep now, they would be desolate (ie empty, not franchised versions of MadameChaos' club night). I've ordered more copies of this album across various formats than is rightly sane, but I don't think that justifies my downloading of a leak, which I have fallen victim to. However, from past experience I know that Bleep will be on its knees within seconds of the official downloads going live - I can't be bothered waiting hours and hours to deal with their dodgy infrastructure when it comes to getting hold of a highly-anticipated release.

I'm putting the kettle on shortly, making up a nice brew and kicking back with the AKGs for my first listen. :music:

I can never ever understand how Bleep falls over every time there is a major release.

Their content is on Amazon S3 which is without doubt the best scaled storage infrastructure bar none. AWS have the abilities to scale up instantly using Elastic, EC2 and so forth.

The problem is, Bleep require you go to their site first in order to initiate the download. It's Bleep's problem not the service that is dishing out the downloads.

okay, i hate my speakers, what headphones should i buy, budget of £60-80, one recommendation of in ear and over ear, k thanks

Grado SR80e. They're open backed though, so other people will hear the music if you're listening to them so they're not great for in work or on the bus.

Guest John Rimble

authenticity thus far, this listen into the syro gathers thoughts of compression, eq, width, panning,,,, evoking memories, feelings and fresh ideas that are for the sake of process over the sake of entertainment, lucky for some, that these characteristics can be both entertaining and chosen practice. Happy camper here.

I paid for the LP, out of respect for AFX/WARP but i'm actually listening to it via...flac out of respect for my ears, since bleep only gives mp3 versions & i dont think AFX & mp3 mixes very well. why are they giving mp3 with the physical release while i used to get my vinyls from bleep along 24 bit WAV with Oversteps, Move of Ten, Exai & L'Event ???

They did use to do this. Then they figured out they could make more money by offering everything separately.

I rarely buy anything from them now.

Go to Bandcamp for lesser well-known artists and compare their Flac prices with the same on Bleep. You'll be surprised.