IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

In the middle of my first listen now (on track 8 at the moment). FUCKIN' AWESOME ALBUM!! Exceeding my expectations by a long shot! Pleasantly surprised numerous times by little things that happen here and there, but I'm also very happy with the overall mood of the whole piece, so far.

Circlont14............jesus.... that breakdown.... this album is really really good.... anyone else notice that Circlont6a and Syro_u473t are remixes of each other?

How can two tracks be remixes of each other? Like, is the chicken a remix of the egg or is the egg a remix of the chicken? Hmm...

Produk 29, Syro u473t8+e, Papat4 (pineal mix), Aisatsana, 180db_, 4 bit 9d api+e+6 are the one for me

plus a special mention to Minipops of course,

the rest seems more complicate to digest so far, they need more insight

the whole release is beyond my expectations, strangely enough i'm finding XMAS-EVET10 (Thanaton3 mix) too spreaded and long,

the vinyl experience would change that normally

I hope everyone still buys it despite this leak, Richard needs the kick in his butt to get him releasing more stuff

i've ordered two wax LPs and i'll prob buy the japanese, i deserve the leak and in flac please

Edited by klore

just listened to this on these daddies

mdr-cd1700-2o3k-800.jpg

xtra lush insane 10/1)===-

I am lost for words

it started off with minipops and i was "yay, minipops" but somehow it was strangely more layered than when i listened to it before. might be because of the ... well i d ont know

then xmas eve and that turned out to be a delight of all sorts. many feels were felt: at 10 minutes i thought it woudl never end. i felt semi-sad halfway through, but the last few bits just... :yhh:

produk 29 just pushed me in my seat and then lifted me up, squired me down; melody lines. evverywhere

4bit turned out to be a very awesome treat. i couldnt tell you why; you have to listen to it

180db triggered many memories because this was played at the aphex twiwn set at lowlands festival 2011, which was my first time visiting the aphex and a major turning event point in my life. i didnt know that 180db was this track, and that i heard it unbeknowingly :g

circklon is awesome

just insane jerking over and over

pseudoemetitmetstmstretstch <

then after shrymoming syro portalled me to the garden and everything was axtral ush

08/81

aisasasana :wub:

:fffff:F

I hope everyone still buys it despite this leak, Richard needs the kick in his butt to get him releasing more stuff

i've ordered two wax LPs and i'll prob buy the japanese, i deserve the leak and in flac please

I second that

Piezoluminescence is awesome. Singapore was great to hear, especially the end which I'm not really familiar with. Earth Portal is killing it.

I wish Metz was a little faster

soon

Eddie-FM-Turntable-Vinyl-Beatchmatching-

Edited by batch

Circlont14............jesus.... that breakdown.... this album is really really good.... anyone else notice that Circlont6a and Syro_u473t are remixes of each other?

How can two tracks be remixes of each other? Like, is the chicken a remix of the egg or is the egg a remix of the chicken? Hmm...

because i can't identify the chicken or egg in this instance

when those bass sweeps come in at 4.45 of Earth Portal. Need to hear that on a big system!

I listened to the album for the first time last night in my car...I almost shit myself when that bass hit. Fucking perfection, Richard. Perfection.

Instant download of ' minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]' with all pre-orders, the rest on release date in your territory.

dammit bleep.

edit: link

Yep, just saw that too, that's a shame really...

So what's in the digital exclusives? Anyone else hoping for SAW3? I bet it would be killer.

(Complain all you want but there's a lot of hype regarding a 2nd album, matches the /mu/ post with the Clark album as well.)

Almost through my first listen, my god it's good. Very Anal/Tussy but I'm not complaining

It's almost like he's finally saying, 'it's all me, guys'. Even though he's not revolutionising music forever, it sounds like the biggest surprise is his willingness to blow apart the stigmatised 'Aphex Twin' name and show it for what it's always been: a brand.

eh?

An 'Aphex Twin' release is always going to generate a huge amount of criticism (good and bad) and it seems like he got bored of that judgemental side of the industry. For that reason, I never thought we'd see another Aphex Twin album. With Syro, not only has he chosen to step back into the critical spotlight, but he's done it with a record which doesn't sound 100% original/from the future (just incredibly good). He clearly loved the stuff he recorded as The Tuss and felt confident enough to showcase that side of his writing to the public, I think that's awesome.

Anyway, an hour until I can finally listen to this thing! I am ready!

People comparing this to The Tuss and I just don't feel that way about it. I see them as two totally different works which can't be related. IMO

Sometimes I feel like I'm listening to a video game sound track which isn't a bad thing.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Which digital exclusives?

Apparently the syro2xb.. etc website will be updated on the 22nd. From what I've heard. That's why everyone got those green cards with their pre-order.

They wouldn't put the website title on the cards if the site was just there to reveal the album.