IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

digital exclusives?

Which digital exclusives?

The digital vinyls have digital exclusives

i hope for a foldface camera app for easier foldfacing.

Apparently the syro2xb.. etc website will be updated on the 22nd. From what I've heard. That's why everyone got those green cards with their pre-order.

They wouldn't put the website title on the cards if the site was just there to reveal the album.

Also if you haven't seen the back of the card yet, the web address differs slightly from the usual one I think

Apparently the syro2xb.. etc website will be updated on the 22nd. From what I've heard. That's why everyone got those green cards with their pre-order.

They wouldn't put the website title on the cards if the site was just there to reveal the album.

It's just a gimmick card. Just like with Tomorrow's Harvest. Won't do anything (most likely).

We've been blessed. Anything is possible, follow your dreams, kick ass, beat cancer and climb Everest without oxygen. Scale tall buildings and base jump from them naked.

It's just a gimmick card. Just like with Tomorrow's Harvest. Won't do anything (most likely).

aint there a bonus track and that 'making of windowlicker' ?

What the fuck happened

Did it leak or was it released early? How did you guys listen to it?

We all ran into Richard yesterday at the grocery store and he invited us back to his place for a listening/SCOTLAND INDEPENDENCE NOW party

Guest bitroast

Wasn't there a track by track review comparing pseudotimestretch to mbv guitar or something? Such a weird comparison. I was expecting a dreamy/shoegazey interlude..

lol holy shit you're right

http://thequietus.com/articles/16166-aphex-twin-syro-review

'fz pseudotimestretch+e+3' is a 60-second beat-free interlude – a flanged chord sequence that sounds like Kevin Shields has been at it with his pitch-bending tremolo arm – and the delicate filling in the sandwich that is the 'CIRCLONT' cycle, as next up it's 'CIRCLONT14 [shrymoming mix]', a straight-up 152 bpm slab of funky, fucked-up techno with a freeform Squarepusher breakdown and plenty of noodly jazz-fuckery.

Guest bitroast

'fz pseudotimestretch+e+3' reminds me of this track my brother made. he made a granular sampler thing and used a sample from the it crowd where its moss singing the emergency telephone number. sample plays cleanly for a bit before getting all granulated and turning into a melody. I cant hear the aphex track without thinking of moss "0198.."

Thinking back to some of the reviews from listening parties, I don't know wtf they were listening to. I don't hear this as a tuss album, it's not some kind of dancefloor banger as suggested by some and it's not funk. It's classic fucking Aphex at his best. You'll be noticing shit you hadn't heard before in these tracks a year from now.

Okay so (this is a long-shot but hear me out), on the back of the dropcard, the website ends with /orys (syro backwards) - I thought this was odd.

I googled Orys and it's an old name. Apparently it translates as 'Keeper of the Hours' (Which is hilarious considering the wait for this album).

XEfEWg7.jpg

Guest HokusPoker

Instant download of ' minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]' with all pre-orders, the rest on release date in your territory.

dammit bleep.

edit: link

I don't understand what that means. If the german Amazon says release date is the 19th (which it does), then the release date for my territory is tomorrow and Bleep will somehow figure that out and give me the files tomorrow?

Guest Roksen Creek

Okay so (this is a long-shot but hear me out), on the back of the dropcard, the website ends with /orys (syro backwards) - I thought this was odd.

I googled Orys and it's an old name. Apparently it translates as 'Keeper of the Hours' (Which is hilarious considering the wait for this album).

XEfEWg7.jpg

Interesting. I just looked it up and one site starts off the meaning of the name with "You are patient, persevering and strong willed". Lol.

I also think it suits the mood of the album somewhat.

Instant download of ' minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix]' with all pre-orders, the rest on release date in your territory.

dammit bleep.

edit: link

I don't understand what that means. If the german Amazon says release date is the 19th (which it does), then the release date for my territory is tomorrow and Bleep will somehow figure that out and give me the files tomorrow?

Yes exactly. They know where you are because you have to enter an address when you preorder it.

XMAS_EVET10 intro sounds very similiar to EDM A2's 'Men Part 2'

Very true.

They ARE both by the same person so it makes sense.

:emotawesomepm9:

XEfEWg7.jpg

Interesting. I just looked it up and one site starts off the meaning of the name with "You are patient, persevering and strong willed". Lol.

I also think it suits the mood of the album somewhat.

Haha yeah! Very much so. 'Keeper of the Hours' also works well with the mind-bending nature of the titles too, in a God kinda way, and also with the cover art - being a literal, physical notation of the costs during the time leading up to release.

Screw it, it makes sense. "Syro: Keeper of the Hours" it is.