IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I'd say look for spelling mistakes but if he can dowload and get a cracked version of renoise to work and make decent music he's probably not too bad at spelling.

dowload

Confirmed. Abstract Daddy is Richard's child.

Guest Abstract Daddy

Caved in and listened to it and all I can say from the first listen is that it has a bit of a 90s feel. Like when your sense smell takes you back in time.

I'd say look for spelling mistakes but if he can dowload and get a cracked version of renoise to work and make decent music he's probably not too bad at spelling.

dowload

Confirmed. Abstract Daddy is Richard's child.

Bloody irony. I'm not even going to edit it.

SEqgmi0P.png

Oh, you!

meta pile on meta, i just tweeted that to her after she said 'what' after i sent her a confusing barrage of tweets

I don't care. She's cute as fuck

lets deactivate watmm creppy mode and increase omg aphex twin syro autism mode

so besides the obvious 909/808 drums that crop up in a few places, any idea what most of these synth drums are? They don't sound like Roland to me. In parts some of them almost sound like FM synthesis drums, possibly even a bass and snare from an FS1R? I also don't hear an obvious KAwai k5000 in any of the album anywhere.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

so besides the obvious 909/808 drums that crop up in a few places, any idea what most of these synth drums are? They don't sound like Roland to me. In parts some of them almost sound like FM synthesis drums, possibly even a bass and snare from an FS1R? I also don't hear an obvious KAwai k5000 in any of the album anywhere.

Definite some r8 on there. Korg Minipops of course. Looking at the gear list we've also got some modded 606, and probably a couple of lesser known drum machines tucked away in there, but I'm not well versed enough to spot them. I think there's probably a fair few hits he's made himself from various synths (kicks especially) as well as acoustic samples he's recorded. After all, if you had a drum robot in your house, why wouldn't you use it?

tracks 1-5 are just very good in my book with Metz as one of the album highlights (not much love for Produk 29 and 180db_ here)... but 6-12, omg... I dont wanna blindly hype but that has to be one of the best sets of tracks ever clutched together on a record containing electronic music

Totally agree. As soon as I heard the druqks style sliced vocals on CIRCLONT6A, I knew shit was gonna get real. And it did. Big time.

It feels like the last half is a masterful EP and the first half is some great individual tunes.

To the people talking about whether this is better than drukqs, way too early to see (are they even comparible enough?)

InstagramCapture_473430bc-7945-43d6-bf31

Came out a tad green but still.....

you need stats on the children who made the cotton, ink costs, etc

you should have put $0.000 on paying for copyright infringement

nice though

InstagramCapture_473430bc-7945-43d6-bf31

Came out a tad green but still.....

you need stats on the children who made the cotton, ink costs, etc

you should have put $0.000 on paying for copyright infringement

nice though

chillax jules

been listening to this all day (work permitting) finally at home with it playing on my studio setup;

circlont64 just slapped a huge grin across my chops. Ace.

Edited by khawk76

Guest trananhhung

About Syro reviews, I need to say that I find this general redemption to Richard's work quite reasonable. A lot of forward thinking artists were completely misunderstood during their time: think Kubrick, Dreyer, Bresson, Stravinsky... Hitchcock's Vertigo? Don't treat the press so harshly. Some of these works need time and an historical perception of how remarkable they were during the time they were released. I bet a lot of people that wrote negative reviews about Drukqs are now biting their tongue. A lot of cinema critics review the films they didn't like at the time without an historical perception.

Don't be so harsh on media press, people. Be less cynical. Try to understand the other side. I remember how disappointed I was with Druqks when it came out. And that album has survived the harshness of time unbelievably. It's all about historical context and timelines and sometimes you need decades to get it. Think CAN.

Edited by trananhhung

Anyone have lyrics yet? For all the tracks? I know the one on the Produk. "Fucking house... Fucking whore, disgusting, nasty slut.... We were in that club... Disgusting, nasty slut, Fucking whore, we were in that club" etc... What else?

Also, dat pitch shifted vocal sample toward the end of Xmas, amirite? I think I hear a lot of vocal samples from Rich's kids throughout too. Beautiful stuff.

Edited by drukqs

Guest trananhhung

Google play says I'm on my 6th listen today. So far the two CIRCLONT tracks are my least favorite. Likely they'll be growers.

Also, Death Proof is my favourite QT film. By far.