IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Every time I put it on it seems like a completely new album. There's so much to take in on some tracks that I only seem to remember tiny little bits each time. Syro u473t8+e might be the best sounding track I've ever heard.

yeah, no kidding, there's a lot to take in. i actually found some of the tracks a bit overwhelming on the first few listens... which is odd, that never hapens

InstagramCapture_473430bc-7945-43d6-bf31

Came out a tad green but still.....

you need stats on the children who made the cotton, ink costs, etc

you should have put $0.000 on paying for copyright infringement

nice though

chillax jules

huh?

An album of two halves. The first half is so accessible you could sit and listen to it with your parents and they'd start to to get into after a while. The next 6 tracks are a different beast. The juxtaposition is a master stroke. I like the order Rich lays down his trax.

Guest trananhhung

We might be controversial taste buddies. :biggrin:

Was that for me?

Yeah, and I should quote more.

:)

Death Proof is the ultimate QT film. And people don't really like it. Give it 10 years. People will get it by then. :)

Guest trananhhung

I still think minipops is so good, but by listening to the previews it sounds like one of the weakest tracks. Can't wait to hear the entire thing from Bleep. And I'm still totally in love with minipops.

I'll admit this has been and incredible year for music I like:

Aurora

Reachy Prints

Barragán

Angels & Devils

Caustic Window

FKA Twigs

To Be Kind

Patten

GoGo Penguin

Syro

Let's see how that Clark album turns out.

I've been lurking here for many years.. since Drukqs..and I get the "quite good" reference. (cred established? no I'm sure not). But please allow me to gush for a sec.

What an album. I mean WTF. I've been Analording it up for the last 6 months. (got strangely obsessed recently but didn't completely love it when it first came out. I guess the pure analog sound of it threw me a bit at first, but now in my top 3.. anyway I digress.) .. Then the Caustic Window thing happened during my Analord rediscovery. Couldn't be fucking happier. Then Joyrex came out with the "new shit imminent" thing. Just about wet myself but didn't fully believe it. And now here we are.... My God.

I have the LP coming in the mail but yes I caved the second I saw you guys going ape shit over the leak this morning. Couldn't resist. I've been listening to it for the last 7 hours so hopefully the hype has worn off a tiny bit.

I will start by saying I god damn love it. I've poured over all the early listening impressions etc. but I still just wasn't prepared. Even after hearing Metz so many damn times, the real thing effected me almost profoudly. This album is a fucking embarrassment of aphex riches. I swear this is some sort of fan service. Its like he finally said 'ok guys, thanks for the support, here you go'. <- at least I like to believe that. Its just so purely enjoyable. Its true its not "challenging" but this really is HIS sound. I think we maybe got jaded by so many apeing him.. but when you hear the real thing its a wonder to behold.

Thank you so much for releasing this Richard. I cannot wait for the next phase.

Guest trananhhung

Regarding the new material from Richard, I don't think it will happen that soon.

He clearly released what he thought was finished, and that means old tracks he's been playing for the last 7 years. I love him, but I think he just doesn't have the necessary motivation to finish tracks. All this talk about 5 albums ready for release doesn't sound very convincing. SYRO is made of tracks that almost everyone knows. Maybe the high number sales will make him be more professional about his working procedures. I still don't think we will get new stuff in the next 4 to 5 years. And maybe I'm completely wrong.

I've been lurking here for many years.. since Drukqs..and I get the "quite good" reference. (cred established? no I'm sure not). But please allow me to gush for a sec.

What an album. I mean WTF. I've been Analording it up for the last 6 months. (got strangely obsessed recently but didn't completely love it when it first came out. I guess the pure analog sound of it threw me a bit at first, but now in my top 3.. anyway I digress.) .. Then the Caustic Window thing happened during my Analord rediscovery. Couldn't be fucking happier. Then Joyrex came out with the "new shit imminent" thing. Just about wet myself but didn't fully believe it. And now here we are.... My God.

I have the LP coming in the mail but yes I caved the second I saw you guys going ape shit over the leak this morning. Couldn't resist. I've been listening to it for the last 7 hours so hopefully the hype has worn off a tiny bit.

I will start by saying I god damn love it. I've poured over all the early listening impressions etc. but I still just wasn't prepared. Even after hearing Metz so many damn times, the real thing effected me almost profoudly. This album is a fucking embarrassment of aphex riches. I swear this is some sort of fan service. Its like he finally said 'ok guys, thanks for the support, here you go'. <- at least I like to believe that. Its just so purely enjoyable. Its true its not "challenging" but this really is HIS sound. I think we maybe got jaded by so many apeing him.. but when you hear the real thing its a wonder to behold.

welcome brother!

I will start by saying I god damn love it. I've poured over all the early listening impressions etc. but I still just wasn't prepared. Even after hearing Metz so many damn times, the real thing effected me almost profoudly. This album is a fucking embarrassment of aphex riches. I swear this is some sort of fan service. Its like he finally said 'ok guys, thanks for the support, here you go'.

welcome brother!

:beer: velcome to the party. (still haven't listened yet as it had not been delivered to that bloody store yet. -sie-roh. but i'll get there, picking it up tomorrow morning, it better still be there).

Regarding the new material from Richard, I don't think it will happen that soon.

He clearly released what he thought was finished, and that means old tracks he's been playing for the last 7 years. I love him, but I think he just doesn't have the necessary motivation to finish tracks. All this talk about 5 albums ready for release doesn't sound very convincing. SYRO is made of tracks that almost everyone knows. Maybe the high number sales will make him be more professional about his working procedures. I still don't think we will get new stuff in the next 4 to 5 years. And maybe I'm completely wrong.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Richard

edit: again

Edited by StephenG

welcome brother!

:beer: velcome to the party. (still haven't listened yet as it had not been delivered to that bloody store yet. -sie-roh. but i'll get there, picking it up tomorrow morning, it better still be there).

Welcome bud! I lurked for many years as well. Great first post.

Read the rules. :rtfm:

I love how the album begins with some swag gangstalean and then switches gears. It took me by surprise and a lot of the early reviews made me lower my expectations but this is 100% fun and worthy of the Aphex title. We live in lush times.