IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

12 tracks downloading now by the looks of it. maybe just in aus? the page is different from when i checked it last night too in that it doesn't say 'out 22/9' or whatever the date was.

also, sydney folks - usagi,me and a few friendly peeps will be hanging here listening to it tomorrow at my place in enmore. if you wanna come check it out with us and play some gta pm me, even if you're just lurking and wanna meet some afx fans in the area. we're all nice peeps and look forward to meeting yall

EDIT: lurkers probably can't pm so here's my number in phonetics: oh four oh three nine seven six six eight six

Australia was one of the countries listed first for a release on the 19th. Seems like they're keeping to the regional release dates =\

also, sydney folks - usagi,me and a few friendly peeps will be hanging here listening to it tomorrow at my place in enmore. if you wanna come check it out with us and play some gta pm me, even if you're just lurking and wanna meet some afx fans in the area. we're all nice peeps and look forward to meeting yall

dang, that sounds great. I reckon we (ie. myself and bitroast) will do a Melbourne vinyl listening party when I get back from Japan.

Regarding the new material from Richard, I don't think it will happen that soon.

He clearly released what he thought was finished, and that means old tracks he's been playing for the last 7 years. I love him, but I think he just doesn't have the necessary motivation to finish tracks. All this talk about 5 albums ready for release doesn't sound very convincing. SYRO is made of tracks that almost everyone knows. Maybe the high number sales will make him be more professional about his working procedures. I still don't think we will get new stuff in the next 4 to 5 years. And maybe I'm completely wrong.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

muh dick

I didn't know there was a leak. I was just excited that Bleep sent an email saying my CD has shipped. I will wait until it arrives.

In the meantime, I have had Chosen Lords on repeat for the past two weeks. I'll keep that going.

Nothin mind blowing, nothin earth shattering, nothin boundary breakin. Just a solidly produced and clean album which is quite tight and quite fat. To be honest, sounds a lot like The Tuss stuff, just more refined with more stereo space-y goodness... not a bad thing. This is definitely one that pleases the melody- rhythm- energy- seekers. There are few good textures here and there paired with some lush sounding synths, though many felt recognizable (not a good or bad thing, just an observation). Totally agreeing with Vaaler here:

This album is a fucking embarrassment of aphex riches. I swear this is some sort of fan service. Its like he finally said 'ok guys, thanks for the support, here you go'. <- at least I like to believe that. Its just so purely enjoyable. Its true its not "challenging" but this really is HIS sound.

This feels like a total Aphex Twin album, in style, form, melody, etc. He has really mastered that sound that we have all grown to and is just fuckin grooving out hard on this album. It really is just fun.

For me, SYRO really jams along hard on the surface but fails to connect on any really deep inner brain dances. I couldn't help feeling that the whole listening experience was blobbed, as if I felt there were parts I had already heard. Often I felt that songs felt similar in aesthetics and that hindered me from really fleshing out individual tracks with my mind. Perhaps it's the synths and patches used? Maybe there needs to be more breathing room? I am still trying to figure out why. What I am beginning to think is that either:

I need to listen to it more, or listen to individual tracks. It has been... one day

OR

Stop trying to analyze it and just feel it and grooooooove to it

Peace and Love to all you WATMM-ers who have been awaiting this release!! ENJOY!!! :music:

First listen I 'hated' Circlont6, it was too chaotic. 5 listens in, I'm already starting to love it. This was what I was hoping for.

The best albums are the ones you have to get used to. My experience is that if you like something right away, it gets dull very soon.

pseudotimestretch is such a good intro for a very crazy track, It keeps dissapointing me because I mentally prepare for something very mental.

Edited by borys

12 tracks downloading now by the looks of it. maybe just in aus? the page is different from when i checked it last night too in that it doesn't say 'out 22/9' or whatever the date was.

i'm in australia, pre-ordered, still only shows one track for me. i'm quickly associating pre-ordering with being kicked in the dick

dang, that sounds great. I reckon we (ie. myself and bitroast) will do a Melbourne vinyl listening party when I get back from Japan.

i'd prob be in for that too. you're in jp at the moment?

edit: wait, you're doing a local gig tonight, of course you're not

Edited by xf

Guest LoveRhino

It's going to take me a while to get used to hearing Metz without the background noise of people talking. Studio version is sofa king good though. Lush.

Guest Snazzell

To make up for all of the piracy, I'm buying the album on every format and never listening to it.

As long as you buy the album I have no problem with getting it off a download.

Guest cult fiction

modey, on 18 Sept 2014 - 9:25 PM, said:

180db is so bangin'

like what the old Xylem Tube/AB1/AB2/etc stuff would sound like if he made them today

Today being <2005 of course

Guest cult fiction

I really think this is his most personal album, sounds like it's made of someone's dreams the way all of the voices weave in and out with different filters. Produk 29 is a perfect representation of a night out gone just a tad wrong.