IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Anyone else noticed that the swirly synth riff ("twiddlydiddly bleep bleep bloop bloop") repeated a lot in CIRCLONT6A is also used in the title track? I think there's actually a few more repeated motifs like this across the album which I've noticed - some of them must be more subliminal (ie. on a key/scale/pattern level) because I can't direct pick them out like the swirly riff, I can just feel them somehow.

"It can be quite impenetrable for most people, because you can't latch on to something. It sounds quite random at first.... But there is a method. People just have to take time to work it out."

I reckon there's a lot of things embedded into Syro that make it gel so well as an album. It wouldn't surprise me if every single song is linked together thematically in some bizarre and crazy way. Feel free to speculate! (or flame me if you think I'm talking rubbish).

I'm going to do some in-depth listening to the title track because as was said somewhere in this monster thread, it's rare he makes one. Maybe Syro u473t8+e contains an element from every other song? (Justifying its position as the title track). There's also got to be a reason he included Fz pseudotimestretch. Again, it feels strangely necessary to the album on some subconscious level.

Anyway, 'nuff rambling. Let me know what you think Watmm!

does anyone else have a pdf in there download options on bleep?

Yep, goes to 'page not found' here

Mine goes to a 43 page photo spread of Richard laying and sitting in the grass like your avatar.

creepy :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by StephenG

4 bit is so fucking lush, i can't stop listening to it. it's perfect, the deep bass mixed with the airy sighs and bells. 1:39 - 1:53 is classic. it never stood out to me this much from the few times i've heard the minehead recording, but wow.

That one is the sleeper of the album I ithink. It really creeps up on you. A lot more emotional than it seems at first.

Did anyone else completely lose their shit when that synth came in at the start of Metz? I sure did.

Feel the THANATON

I really did. That intro is one of the best moments of the album.

This might be one of his best albums. There are so many tiny classic moments that only last a few bars and then change. He said there was nothing groundbreaking here, bullshit. This album is leagues beyond what anybody else is doing at the moment.

It's a classic.

Glad I didn't listen to the leak, got this yesterday in the mail, it was dispatched Monday I think, never had any problems with Bleep pre-orders, strange that some people wait for weeks to get stuff, I got it 4 days before the release date :mellow:

This album is one hell of a way to start a friday morning and start the week-end, just finished the first half and it is :music: .

This will get played increasingly louder throughout the day that's for sure.

post-7765-0-08902800-1411129194_thumb.jpg

This album is leagues beyond what anybody else is doing at the moment.

Granted there are a lot of lazy electronic music about but there always has been, regardless, that's a big claim.

Of course, I have not heard it yet so it's hard to comment. I would listen but I do not have the means.

Edited by Chesney

This might be one of his best albums. There are so many tiny classic moments that only last a few bars and then change. He said there was nothing groundbreaking here, bullshit. This album is leagues beyond what anybody else is doing at the moment.

It's a classic.

totally agree. i was thinking the same thing myself, about the not being new or groundbreaking.

it is. there is honestly nothing else quite like this out there, and certainly not at this level.

Anyone else noticed that the swirly synth riff ("twiddlydiddly bleep bleep bloop bloop") repeated a lot in CIRCLONT6A is also used in the title track? I think there's actually a few more repeated motifs like this across the album which I've noticed - some of them must be more subliminal (ie. on a key/scale/pattern level) because I can't direct pick them out like the swirly riff, I can just feel them somehow.

"It can be quite impenetrable for most people, because you can't latch on to something. It sounds quite random at first.... But there is a method. People just have to take time to work it out."

I reckon there's a lot of things embedded into Syro that make it gel so well as an album. It wouldn't surprise me if every single song is linked together thematically in some bizarre and crazy way. Feel free to speculate! (or flame me if you think I'm talking rubbish).

I'm going to do some in-depth listening to the title track because as was said somewhere in this monster thread, it's rare he makes one. Maybe Syro u473t8+e contains an element from every other song? (Justifying its position as the title track). There's also got to be a reason he included Fz pseudotimestretch. Again, it feels strangely necessary to the album on some subconscious level.

Anyway, 'nuff rambling. Let me know what you think Watmm!

Elements of gz pseudotimestretch seem to be littered around syro and the Circlont tracks. Utterly sublime. I totally agree, it has a lot of things linking the tracks together

Guest bitroast

It's a classic.

totally agree. i was thinking the same thing myself, about the not being new or groundbreaking.

it is. there is honestly nothing else quite like this out there, and certainly not at this level.

ceephax's cro magnox is probably closest thing to syro :emotawesomepm9: