IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I was going to give this album a 5/5 or a 10/10 or a 1/1 but I realized it wasn't innovative and didn't change music forever as we know it for about six months so I decided to give it a 0/14 since the lack of innovation somehow preys upon my enjoyment of the fucking frequencies that are coming out of the speakers.

I also didn't wear socks while it was playing so gonna bump that down to -2/14.

are u angry?

I'll give it an 8/10. That's the curse of being someone as famous and "original" like him. People expect to see something new and shit like that, and when he doesn't do it, people gets angry. ;_;

This is exactly what he was talking about in that last interview. People aren't gonna look at Syro as just music, they're gonna look at it as the next Aphex Twin album has done crazy experimental innovative stuff in the past.

If Richard had never released any music up until now there's be a far far different view.

Guest Jbrace1970

The only track that keeps it from a 10 for me is the syro track, I just can't get into it, everything else is perfect

if you slow it down to 115bpm its becomes a very funky little number

I think that's what makes this stuff so freaking good. I sped up CIRCLONT6A and it sounded so much like a cut from Drukqs. Replay value galore!

i just tried speeding up circlont6a like you said but it went a bit too mad for my liking.

are u angry?

I'll give it an 8/10. That's the curse of being someone as famous and "original" like him. People expect to see something new and shit like that, and when he doesn't do it, people gets angry. ;_;

it doesn't make any sense. If they want to hear more music they should drop such a dumb critique immediately. Do they want him to release the 'best' 13 tracks he's made in the past decade once a decade? I mean He could do that, but I'd like to hear more personally. I want to hear anything he's willing to let us hear.

If these people don't drop this innovation shit, then I want them to start applying it to everyone. Where is Taylor Swift 'innovating'?

This coming out while I did a set of night shifts is perfect timing.

Sleep deprivation is a wonderful state for being receptive to this LP's secret(e)s.

To those who are saying there doesn't seem to be much going on or that it sounds like 'jams': nah bruv.

I was going to give this album a 5/5 or a 10/10 or a 1/1 but I realized it wasn't innovative and didn't change music forever as we know it for about six months so I decided to give it a 0/14 since the lack of innovation somehow preys upon my enjoyment of the fucking frequencies that are coming out of the speakers.

I also didn't wear socks while it was playing so gonna bump that down to -2/14.

are u angry?

The man himself may not think it's very 'next-level' but I still find myself needing to wrap my head around it. Think I've heard the album 4 or 5 times now and I'm still noticing entire sections of tracks that somehow didn't register on previous listens. It may not be a leap forward but at least it's a big step sideways from everything else out there.

Honestly can't remember a release ever living up to its hype the way this thing is doing for me, fuck.

The man himself may not think it's very 'next-level' but I still find myself needing to wrap my head around it. Think I've heard the album 4 or 5 times now and I'm still noticing entire sections of tracks that somehow didn't register on previous listens. It may not be a leap forward but at least it's a big step sideways from everything else out there.

Honestly can't remember a release ever living up to its hype the way this thing is doing for me, fuck.

It takes you on a journey from beginning to end.

He seems to be taking influence from Luke, Clark, and Reid on some of these tracks. The hip hop stuff reminds me of an afx-ed Vibert style. Shrymoming reminds me of what Clark wishes he could do... I know I'll catch shit for that, but the abrasive synths, huge happy melodies, heavy compression and percussion reminds me of Clark, but I actually like it, unlike Clark. There is a part or two where I go 'ah shit, looks like rich likes wispy'

Just me probably tho

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

It's whatever the fuck they want it to be. Take your meds.

on reddit

"Yesterday when I went to my record store to reserve my copy of Syro, the owner of the place told me that when he calls me on Saturday to let me know that it is in the store, he's going to tell me about something else that will be available either on the same day or soon after.

He told me that he's not allowed to say anything about what it might be..."

i think we all know he meant his penis mate.

Good album indeed, o the 3rd play at the moment and it gets better, changing the records is a pain in the scrotum, got to reposition the turntable beside the couch! Great album, different in so many ways, at the moment still prefer rjd and saw 1but this is growing, refreshing ;)

Guest bitroast

Good album indeed, o the 3rd play at the moment and it gets better, changing the records is a pain in the scrotum, got to reposition the turntable beside the couch! Great album, different in so many ways, at the moment still prefer rjd and saw 1but this is growing, refreshing ;)

can't be as bad as rushup edge (3 discs 1 song per side:)

Usually I feel very connected with Aphex Twin works, almost like his sounds comes from inside of my own spirit. This time I don't feel exactly the same, but that's not bad because I still put SYRO in my top 5 (with MFM, RDJ, SAW II, and Rushup Edge) :happy:

tl;dr: this is pure braindance, enjoy!

This is a really great point that crystallized the second half of Syro for me. I love the album through and through, other than produk (which will probably grow) and 180db_ (which probably won't because I can't find any seeds), but it's interesting how particularly the second half makes me feel like I'm listening to someone else's music, while the first half and much of the rest of his discography makes me feel like I'm listening to the music I would make if I weren't a stupid shadow on the wall of a cave.

Resonating

I'm almost giving in but at this point I've only listened to minipops and xmas_evet. They are both absolutely amazing in HQ. I want my CD now. Post man came to my door with stuff and I was hoping for it early but it wasn't there so now I have to wait all weekend to even see again.

I'm almost giving in but at this point I've only listened to minipops and xmas_evet. They are both absolutely amazing in HQ. I want my CD now. Post man came to my door with stuff and I was hoping for it early but it wasn't there so now I have to wait all weekend to even see again.

Yeah me too, still holding out here...

I'm away from a computer but that doesn't matter, I decided a long time ago I'm not listening to the whole thing til I've got the disc in my hands.

QFT. This album is one of his best, and that's saying a hell of a lot, for me.

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

Aside from this dick replying to dismiss peoples happiness over the artist this forum is essentially dedicated to in a sense -- like a fun and happy human being...

The post above makes me really want paella. With a side of panacea.

Lighten up toots, it's a party!!! (Puts headphones back on)

I dropped everything when mr postie brought me an LP delivery today. This is it! i thought

turns out it was jon hassell's last album, which I forgot I'd ordered

still, it's a fucking Great! album