IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

Aside from this dick replying to dismiss peoples happiness over the artist this forum is essentially dedicated to in a sense -- like a fun and happy human being...

The post above makes me really want paella. With a side of panacea.

Lighten up toots, it's a party!!! (Puts headphones back on)

You're damn right azatoth, it's just frequencies! But then you get it way wrong when you say 'life changing'... well I regret to inform you that you're just a collection of atoms. That's right, just as inconsequential as the frequencies that go into your atom-y ear and interpreted by your atom-y brain. It's just life ffs... atoms going through space and time.

Some of the fanboy gushing is really cringeworthy. It's just music ffs, or as your messiah said frequencies, not some life changing panacea.

I sure as hell wrote a gush.. but we are inside a forum dedicated to the artist right? Art is supposed to make you feel something and this man's art does that for many of us. And as corny as it sounds, his music probably did 'change our lives' as you mockingly pointed out <- also as 'the messiah' said, he is purposely designing frequencies to change people apparently.. well it worked. And that you are here posting, this guys art changed your life too.. (I'm drunk, its friday)

Edited by Vaaler9

Your avatar suits your sour attitude - people are enjoying it, let them!

i also drunk and this is unbelievable how this album gets better and better with every listen, never had that much growing thing on me

it's always different - calm when i am calm, agressive and straight when im drunk, happy and joyful on acid, and weeeeeed omg

it has everything in it, so afexish and personal, you can hear exactly him in every track, not like anyone else...

it's like im 17 again, tripping in the woods near the abandoned factories

thanks alot rich, it really exceeded

I don't know if it was mentioned already but there will be:

ALBUM LISTENINGS

21:00 Aphex Twin Syro

at WARP25 Krakow party tomorrow.

Edited by Jev

Guest jasondonervan

10710942_546480858785009_534844697428214

OMG 'shop in an Aphex logo, STAT

Bonus points if you manage the ring as well, and a free 1 year EKT Plus membership if you can convincingly get Richard's mug in place of El Papa.

i48gjHxOBiZDY.jpg

I'm almost giving in but at this point I've only listened to minipops and xmas_evet. They are both absolutely amazing in HQ. I want my CD now. Post man came to my door with stuff and I was hoping for it early but it wasn't there so now I have to wait all weekend to even see again.

Yeah me too, still holding out here...

I'm away from a computer but that doesn't matter, I decided a long time ago I'm not listening to the whole thing til I've got the disc in my hands.

I'm holding as well, I'm just waiting for bleep to let me download tho, can't be arsed to p2p right now.

Fuck, every time I listen to this album, it feels like a first. It's just so much. Every second, every bar is so complex yet flows so beautifully. Not one moment of this album feels clunky, out of place or in bad taste. This is clearly the culmination of a prodigal man's life's work. Utter talent combined with years of sweat and dedication. And a lot of fucking around. The result it just so... Lively. I each track is like a changing, breathing organism. This surpasses drukqs for me. And the Tuss. Fuck, the only thing this doesn't surpass for me is SAWII, and that's for purely sentimental reasons.

Take Syro u473t438te+ for example. It's not just as if it's complex, but it flows so well. Layers upon layers upon layers. It's not just "lel, beat-skipping!", it feels as if each skipping drum hit, each hi hat, bass line and synth interacts with one another completely and wholly in each bar, it isn't just complexity for complexity's sake. It all works together an debs and flows from bar to bar. And fuck. Don't get me started on what happens after the 3:30 mark.

Everything in this album is just... Gah, the way some notes bend and warp slightly in pitch when a drum beat or a baseline hits. The tiny bits and drips and buzzes and whirring winds that grace every second, and then wisp off somewhere into your periphery. So much is going on, my brain can't take it. But my soul can.

bliss/10

Edited by drukqs

Guest beringelab

To whoever says they found the album disappointing:

giphy.gif

It doesn't have a groundbreaking new style, but I think with this album he put what was possible with this existing tuss-y anal style to a new extreme.

I am once again completely blown away by this man's compositional skills, the amount of emotions he manages to create with some simple baselines, the beats, those eerie vocals.

He's said in several interviews that this album was just to close it off and release the tracks people wanted to have released for years and he put a few more tracks on top that matched the style.

The album is mindblowing just through the quality and precision we'd all expect from Richard. I guess after so many years the expectations are so high it's almost impossible to meet them, but he definitely met mine. Syro is exactly what I expected, nothing more, but also not one fucking bit less.

If you were hoping for something less predictable, just wait, I'm pretty sure Richard is gonna release something to your liking sooner or later.

Lord Faphex is back in the game!

8-9/10

favourite tracks:

produk 29

XMAS_EVET10

CIRCLONT6A

syro v473t8+e (piezoluminescence mix)

s950tx16wasr10 (earth portal mix)

"rate your music" is the dumbest thing you can do

Guest LoveRhino

and it's a total departure from the trajectory of drukqs > analord > tuss

I would disagree with this sentiment. It feels like a very logical progression with elements of DrukQs, Analord, Tuss and something new.

Guest jasondonervan

Jasondonervan's made me LOL too, so 1 year EKT Plus for him as well!

Aww, Joyboss... that's very kind of you, thank you!

xy_politics wins this potatoshop challenge, Aphex Ring and Waferphex Twin are too (quite) good *salutes using photoshop cursor*

Jasondonervan's made me LOL too, so 1 year EKT Plus for him as well!

Aww, Joyboss... that's very kind of you, thank you!

xy_politics wins this potatoshop challenge, Aphex Ring and Waferphex Twin are too (quite) good *salutes using photoshop cursor*

Hell, man - you deserve it for the fantastic detective work you did pre-SYRO!