IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I kinda feel like there's definitely more coming.

Syro feels like a comeback album, it's familiar but still pretty good.

The new more interesting stuff will come later.

Hopefully.

+1

Think he's released this to show that he can still make a decent tune (and to make a few quid...)

Although I don't think the stand out tracks are as great as some of the classics I do think this is his best album as a whole.

Fully expect to see the return of brain melting Aphex on the next album(s).

Edited by rvll

I didn't see anyone be really negative. A few people said they didn't like it, so what?

Stop being so precious. Your post makes you look a dick not the people saying they didn't like it.

there's been loads of really negative comments, what thread you been reading? it's fine not to like something but a lot of people seem to be almost taking the fact that they don't like it personally, like Aphex has deliberately tried to insult them or something. i think it's because the album is too funky, these people can't dance for toffee and an upbeat album heavily reliant I groove scares them. you can't really sit in your darkened room with the curtains shut and get all moody and depressingly introspective to this album, which is what i imagine the majority of the naysayers like to do most of the time.

also, don't test me new person or I'll fuckin ave yer!

You haven't been around long enough to have an opinion.

:cisfor:

How do you know that I haven't lurked for years or even if it's my first account?

I may need to appologise actually, i'm not sure. I think I have just clicked report by accident. My computer is slow at the minute and the screen was jumping all over the place while loading everyones avatars.

:facepalm:

It's...a....joke... derp

Guest Roksen Creek
you can't really sit in your darkened room with the curtains shut and get all moody and depressingly introspective

I do that with syro anyway

I didn't see anyone be really negative. A few people said they didn't like it, so what?

Stop being so precious. Your post makes you look a dick not the people saying they didn't like it.

there's been loads of really negative comments, what thread you been reading? it's fine not to like something but a lot of people seem to be almost taking the fact that they don't like it personally, like Aphex has deliberately tried to insult them or something. i think it's because the album is too funky, these people can't dance for toffee and an upbeat album heavily reliant I groove scares them. you can't really sit in your darkened room with the curtains shut and get all moody and depressingly introspective to this album, which is what i imagine the majority of the naysayers like to do most of the time.

You don't see anything insulting in slaping together a bunch of old binned tracks (has anyone realised that those sound 1:1 exactly the same as on the youtube recordings?) with huge amounts of hiss and overmaximized mastering because the original multitracks have been long lost as insulting? Didn't he say he is a "sucker for sounds?". Why has it been released as "Aphex Twin" and not as "The Tuss" although all tracks are basically from the latter era?

I understand that the haters don't really have a lot of senseful and objective arguments. But what i do not understand, are all those comments saying "he did it for the fans" or that this release means that there will be more releases or whatever. Please explain to me, why this particular person deserves SO MUCH love when he clearly doesn't give a single fuck about anyone of you people?

Was it the supposedly lost mp3 player?

Was it the lovely recorded sound of a commodore 64 tape that you preordered?

Was it him insisting that he has dozens of albums ready JUST to be released?

Was it those remixes pressed to CD from mp3 format?

Was it the Caustic Window Compilation stunt?

Maybe him insisting for years that he is not The Tuss?

Or was it all the cynical, vague bullshit answers in this interviews over all those years?

Syro is 100 % Aphex. It's a very fun album. It's excelently crafted. And that is pretty much it.

You don't see anything insulting in slaping together a bunch of old binned tracks (has anyone realised that those sound 1:1 exactly the same as on the youtube recordings?) with huge amounts of hiss and overmaximized mastering because the original multitracks have been long lost as insulting? Didn't he say he is a "sucker for sounds?". Why has it been released as "Aphex Twin" and not as "The Tuss" although all tracks are basically from the latter era?

not insulting at all.

It's not like it was forced on to your ipod or you were forced to pay for it.

Guest Roksen Creek

I finally understand why Richard decided to release an Aphex Twin album after so many years. He wanted to destroy WATMM.

It's revenge for Joyrex calling drukqs "quite good"

Guest sonnyskare

Arguments everywhere, everyone is holding syro up to his other albums, which is their biggest mistake, and I suspect it's why james didn't want to release anything before.

Syro is a damn good album.

I hope I have the discipline to not preorder through Bleep ever again (not the first time I'm deciding this), when some shops in the Netherlands (RH, Clone) already sold it on friday, what is in it for the people that pre-ordered from the first minute that still don't have it?

Yeah, I'm not sure why I bother anymore. The last four Autechre releases have hit stores many days before I even received my copy, as did Syro. That said, every time I haven't pre-ordered and got the "LP-T" instead (ie. Scintilli, Ufabulum), I never saw vinyl copies in any stores.

I understand that the haters don't really have a lot of senseful and objective arguments. But what i do not understand, are all those comments saying "he did it for the fans" or that this release means that there will be more releases or whatever. Please explain to me, why this particular person deserves SO MUCH love when he clearly doesn't give a single fuck about anyone of you people?

Was it the supposedly lost mp3 player?

Was it the lovely recorded sound of a commodore 64 tape that you preordered?

Was it him insisting that he has dozens of albums ready JUST to be released?

Was it those remixes pressed to CD from mp3 format?

Was it the Caustic Window Compilation stunt?

Maybe him insisting for years that he is not The Tuss?

Or was it all the cynical, vague bullshit answers in this interviews over all those years?

Syro is 100 % Aphex. It's a very fun album. It's excelently crafted. And that is pretty much it.

my work here is done

Damn, everyone is so heated. It's not even fun trolling anymore.

Now the album is out, i'll slink back off and make music. The Hype of a new album brings out people like me but now it's time to carry on with life nd leave you crazy forumers to it.

See ya next time there is hype dudes.

What I want to know now is where are the Chartreuse Aphex Logo T-Shirts?! Let's get on this, Bleep!

Homemade Poly-T

tumblr_ncaqau7nKf1tr302ho1_500.jpg

Nice! I like the cost breakdown, too.

Matrigs words sound harsh but he has a point. Somewhat. I salute him for the courage.

And what point is that exactly?

All the fans were asking non stop for the live tracks to be released. So he released them. That's nice of him.

i also remember people begging for more analords of xltronic (probably here too), and in some cozy christmas we've actually received them =)

edit: and disinformation is part of braindance culture, it's ok to lie in intervies

Edited by Mag

Syro is not the album I wanted. But, it's the album I needed.

I love this album...so much frequencies. Watching my kids confused dancing and mimicking the sound of synths is lovely.