IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I wonder why the mastering duties were split between the first track ( Beau Thomas) and the rest of them ( Mandy Parnell)

It is strange actually. I kind of prefer the mastering on the 1st track. Some of the tracks (syro, circlont6) sound too hot to me.

Listened to it again just to make sure.

Again, nope.

The only track which exhibits the true Aphex vastness is the last one, aisatsana. The rest are sub-par, and you know it.

Remember that this is the same guy who brought you Hangable Auto Bulb, for fucks sake. There is nothing even approaching the enormity of that on here, let alone Helisphan, Stone In Focus, Come On You Slags, etc.

Go back and listen to this,

then put on Syro, and tell me which is better (and fuck off with even attempting any of that, 'meh it is all subjective man, this is good'. It isn't. It is not as good as his other stuff.)

Again, nope.

The only track which exhibits the true Aphex vastness is the last one, aisatsana. The rest are sub-par, and you know it.

Remember that this is the same guy who brought you Hangable Auto Bulb, for fucks sake. There is nothing even approaching the enormity of that on here, let alone Helisphan, Stone In Focus, Come On You Slags, etc.

then put on Syro, and tell me which is better (and fuck off with even attempting any of that, 'meh it is all subjective man, this is good'. It isn't. It is not as good as his other stuff.)

i havent heard syro yet, but listening to this extremely dated sounding old and derrivative (spell correct that pls) track, i can guarantee that syro will sound by far more mature and original.

Again, nope.

I'm not sure what you want to point out with what you are saying right there,

what about track 4, track 8 track 11?

the sound is not exactly the same, but for me even between saw and saw II is a huge difference and they even have the same nam, most poeple would say SaW II is the far greater masterpiece, for me that is not true! Of course it is alot of personal opinion. it is some kind of new aphex twin I agree!

sometimes I think syro is a collabo album if some little parts here and there would not be made by him but then I think it is just a little more relaxed and fluent - in return it is not "as powerful", it's still one of his best albums. and please relax a little bit. If you take just ventolin and alberto balsam from "I care because you do" then you can "destroy" every album that exists right now.

Overall it's a fun listen and works very good as album. (you can still not compare it to drukqs because drukqs is huuuge with about 30 tracks/skits)

Edited by randomAmateur

certainly agree with the first part, hangable auto bulb was completely stunning, groundbreaking, and "wtf?!?!?!" when it was released. To my knowledge nobody had tried that approach before, he basically defined a whole new subgenre that squarepusher and others then went on to explore and flesh out. May sound a bit passe now, but that's only because of the rampant copying that happened later. Whether Syro is bad or good, it's certainly not as groundbreaking as the HABs.

Guest White Calx

Again, nope.

HAB isn't that great, I like maybe 2 or 3 tracks and its definitely far from his best work. You cannot compare syro to an album which he made nearly 20 years ago, appreciate what he did then and move on.

Guest capitan mission

SAW II is shit compared to Syro, only drukqs stands up against syro. And individual tarcks, but not an entire album besides drukqs.
only tha last bonus track is in my top five right now

i havent heard syro yet, but listening to this extremely dated sounding old and derrivative (spell correct that pls) track, i can guarantee that syro will sound by far more mature and original.

my dear fellow watmm'er: don't make yourself sound stupid. if you haven't heard syro, how can you "guarantee" that it will sound whatever. fanboy attitude gone bad. don't do this again.

Again, nope.

HAB isn't that great, I like maybe 2 or 3 tracks and its definitely far from his best work. You cannot compare syro to an album which he made nearly 20 years ago, appreciate what he did then and move on.

lol, same artist, so yes I can.

I realise that fanboys are getting butthurt at my comments, but come on...

Syro is the least good Aphex Twin album, and has most of what makes Aphex Twin great, completely missing. It is like a dull plastic version of what it could have been. A sign of the times I suppose. All the tracks sound too clean and flat, and there is nothing vast and astonishingly artistic on there. Even the piano track doesnt sound as good as the piano tracks on Drukqs

heres one for aphex: great job! (from what i've read of the reviews) now make another one and make sure it has mug bass on it. I gave you some quids, but Im still waiting to get syro in the mail. im pre-satisfied nonetheless.

and to the detractors and their negative comments, if you can do better go ahead and i'll cheer you on.

Edited by skibby

Again, nope.

Syro is the least good Aphex Twin album, and has most of what makes Aphex Twin great, completely missing. It is like a dull plastic version of what it could have been. A sign of the times I suppose. All the tracks sound too clean and flat, and there is nothing vast and astonishingly artistic on there. Even the piano track doesnt sound as good as the piano tracks on Drukqs

He gave the fans exactly what they asked for so how can you be mad?

For years people have been asking him to release those live tracks, and he did, and tacked on some extras. Why do you have to be so aggressive with your attacks on the album? If you don't like it, find, but "dull" and "flat"?

Are you listening to this on your ipod earbuds or are your ears just completely buggered?

Not to your tastes, sure, but dull and flat? .. wut?

Again, nope.

you're a fucking idiot.