IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Matrigs words sound harsh but he has a point. Somewhat. I salute him for the courage.

And what point is that exactly?

All the fans were asking non stop for the live tracks to be released. So he released them. That's nice of him.

I love Syro, Stephen. But you can't deny the fact that it doesn't sound like something he made to be released. Compare it to the Chosen Lords compilation. I said recently in another thread that that album sounds incredibly clear and professional when compared to Syro. I love the Syro tracks but they have this very harsh mastering and hiss and lack of sound clarity that make the release seem like how he once put it in another record "12 unrealased tracks I had no intention to release for cash".

I'm incredibly grateful he did it though. It's a fantastic collection despite the rough edges.

I found the mastering a little too hot on circlont 6 and syro, those tracks bothered me.

But I think the hiss is intentional and I quite like it actually lol. :beer:

Guest Roksen Creek

Wtf, I must have a problem with my ears because I think the production is as good as I've heard on an Aphex album. It has a much wider, thicker, more 3 dimensional sound space to my ears. Drukqs almost seems flat in comparison (though Analords and Tuss were a step up). To me it's a similar jump to what Ae did with Oversteps and Exai.

I don't get it :shrug:

Also, the hiss is awesome

Matrigs words sound harsh but he has a point. Somewhat. I salute him for the courage.

And what point is that exactly?

All the fans were asking non stop for the live tracks to be released. So he released them. That's nice of him.

I love Syro, Stephen. But you can't deny the fact that it doesn't sound like something he made to be released. Compare it to the Chosen Lords compilation. I said recently in another thread that that album sounds incredibly clear and professional when compared to Syro. I love the Syro tracks but they have this very harsh mastering and hiss and lack of sound clarity that make the release seem like how he once put it in another record "12 unrealased tracks I had no intention to release for cash".

I'm incredibly grateful he did it though. It's a fantastic collection despite the rough edges.

It doesn't sound "rough" to me. He obviously worked a lot on the personality of each of the sounds. They are not right out of the box sounds. He toyed with their spatial qualities through re-amping. In that sense it seems to be more of an analogue production. Maybe that's what you refer to as "hiss"? I sure don't hear a tape hiss on this album. I'm disappointed in the first interviews that were conducted with him. No one asks him about the production aspects of Syro.

Have no idea how people can say this album hasn't been meticulously crafted and hasn't had enough love put into its mastering/writing/etc.

You might not like it but it's clearly good music. Sonically I think it's the second strongest album of his (after Rushup Edge). Negative opinions are fine but 'this is shit' isn't good enough I'm afraid.

one thing I've noticed about the negative nancys on here is that they seem annoyed because this album isn't delivering on THEIR expectations of what an Aphex album should be. never mind what Aphex wanted to do or perhaps opening themselves up to some new ideas, it's not what I personally want so waaa waaa waaa I'm gonna bitch and moan and say "not mind blowing" at least 3 times because basically I'm a stupid selfish cunt and all i ever say is waaa waaa waaa moan moan fucking moan i want SAW III blah blah blah.

bollocks to all of you.

If you read those comments you would see it has nothing to do with that. But yeah keep babbling your shit.

What I want to know now is where are the Chartreuse Aphex Logo T-Shirts?! Let's get on this, Bleep!

Homemade Poly-T

tumblr_ncaqau7nKf1tr302ho1_500.jpg

Nice! I like the cost breakdown, too.

I got to say that is a lot of swag.

Production value really should be a secondary thought when listening to music as far as I'm concerned. If you don't like the mixing or mastering, fair enough but it does not at all take away from quality of composition. There have been plenty of tracks posted in ekt over the years that demonstrate that point perfectly. It just feels like some people listen to music for the wrong reasons.

Big Aphex special in today's Klassekampen. I'll see if I can upload some scans eventually.

Also, look at that press image, it's the Black Metal Aphex Twin! Probably especially for the Norwegian press, lol.

ByH9qXnIUAAvoEv.png