IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Big Aphex special in today's Klassekampen. I'll see if I can upload some scans eventually.

Also, look at that press image, it's the Black Metal Aphex Twin! Probably especially for the Norwegian press, lol.

ByH9qXnIUAAvoEv.png

Haha, nah, that was apart of the Syro photoshoot together with those other photos. This one was also in the Oor interview.

However it's funny the Norwegian chose this one as the front cover :)

I want a black metal album by Aphex just to read the thread it would generate on here.

Ah ah, Come to daddy sounds a bit BM to my ears

Well he caught me in 1997 and I was a 100% black metaller back then so there must be some truth to that. But it's not a BM song hehe.

Aphex often said he was into metal, but which metal is that? No one asks him!

Really? I remember him saying the only guitar band he liked was Seefeel. That was about 21 years ago though.

I hate to put words in his mouth when I don't have a source. But I'm pretty sure he talked about grindcore at least once. But how could he ever talk about it more thoroughly? Most of the interviewers who have access to Aphex don't know shit about metal.

I want a black metal album by Aphex just to read the thread it would generate on here.

Ah ah, Come to daddy sounds a bit BM to my ears

Well he caught me in 1997 and I was a 100% black metaller back then so there must be some truth to that. But it's not a BM song hehe.

Aphex often said he was into metal, but which metal is that? No one asks him!

Really? I remember him saying the only guitar band he liked was Seefeel. That was about 21 years ago though.

I hate to put words in his mouth when I don't have a source. But I'm pretty sure he talked about grindcore at least once. But how could he ever talk about it more thoroughly? Most of the interviewers who have access to Aphex don't know shit about metal.

grindcore?? Pm me rich

Afaik he only talked about metal when he talked about how he made Come To Daddy: as a parody/pisstake of a death metal track. I do remember him saying he doesn't like guitar music that much, but then again, he did use Led Zeppelin drums :) no sources at hand too, so this is purely from memory!

Tiring day at work. Many public transport fuck ups. Got home. Misery compounded by the dreaded Royal Mail red 'we missed you today' note in my letterbox.

Time to get up at 7am and claim my slice of the Syro pie!

So Syro is mentioned in Grazia, a glossy fashion magazine from the UK apparently (tweeted by Mira Calix)

ByIZXSECYAEQlAL.jpg

I had a Time magazine issue that ran a feature on AFX releasing Come to Daddy. That photo was the one accompanying the article. This was obviously 1997. I wish I still had that mag.

he did use Led Zeppelin drums :) no sources at hand too, so this is purely from memory!

Yeah. Just discovered sped up break from "When The Levee Breaks" in "Taking Control" after 4:42 mark.

Loving the kitchen lads on a cig break with their 'couldn't give less of a fuck about an Aphex Twin blimp' stances

Hehe that's funny cos I used to work in that store before it was Rise and circa 2006, I remember scribing an aphex logo into the grimmy window looking out on that car park.

:cisfor:

Big Aphex special in today's Klassekampen. I'll see if I can upload some scans eventually.

Also, look at that press image, it's the Black Metal Aphex Twin! Probably especially for the Norwegian press, lol.

ByH9qXnIUAAvoEv.png

how´s the article?