IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

Hey you made it? Well, I took it from funky souls, all credit to you! :)

Same here, Joyrex, what's wrong with us Canadians? hehe.

lel

No worries, granted it was buried a few pages back (from this morning! yikes). I love how quickly this stuff spreads though.

Guest jasondonervan

Cheers for the credit, though eh? :trollface:

You need a proper watermark for your work man :biggrin:

How do you know I don't already do that, HJ? *mysterious photoshop transparency tagging*

nah, not really

Guest jasondonervan

I'll borrow something from the Funky Souls crew to readdress the balance, here's what all your Japanese editions are going to look like when they finally arrive:

ByIczSyCcAAL94L.jpg

Unconventional obi placement with the intention of not disturbing the main sleeve design. Good job, tDR.

Edited by jasondonervan

I'll borrow something from the Funky Souls crew to readdress the balance, here's what all your Japanese editions are going to look like when they finally arrive:

ByIczSyCcAAL94L.jpg

Unconventional obi placement with the intention of not disturbing the main sleeve design. Good job, tDR.

Nice!

アフェックス・トウィン (in Katakana) - æfeks twɪn

Although they appear to have written SYRO differently:

シロー (in Katakana) - sɪrəʊ - on the package they use the "サ" character instead of "シ", and don't end it with "ー"

Umm, I didn't get the sticker but I did get these things...

Shopping Bag:
10660175_10154658669605195_3121668161475

A4 documeent holder (front):

10014533_10154658669625195_4583231413006

A4 document holder (back):

1011674_10154658669655195_48487957888758

A2 Poster:

10686908_10154658669640195_7880359336153

WARP magnet:

10384487_10154658669665195_7809119983568

CD, front:

10646735_10154658671650195_4538198722917

CD, back:

10624829_10154658671640195_7231169316104

Not to mention a huge fucking grocery receipt, that nice diagram of instruments he used on which tracks, a written bio in Japanese. WARP gave him 50% royalties on this!

Guest HokusPoker

one thing I've noticed about the negative nancys on here is that they seem annoyed because this album isn't delivering on THEIR expectations of what an Aphex album should be. never mind what Aphex wanted to do or perhaps opening themselves up to some new ideas, it's not what I personally want so waaa waaa waaa I'm gonna bitch and moan and say "not mind blowing" at least 3 times because basically I'm a stupid selfish cunt and all i ever say is waaa waaa waaa moan moan fucking moan i want SAW III blah blah blah.

bollocks to all of you.

As Chesney (the newbie!) pointed out: nobody was that negative.

I personally didn't have any expectations (except maybe that it will be a great album, but can I be blamed for that?).

“It's not what I personally want.” -> try again!

“It's not what I personally want but I LOVE it because it's what my neighbour wanted.”

:cisfor:

Here’s my thoughts, probably won’t go down so well on a forum full of Aphex fans but there are people who perhaps can appreciate a review without making personal attacks. We’ll see.

Some caveats:

• Firstly, if you are an utter fan-boy, probably best you don’t read it.

• Secondly, I switched off comments because I know there are some who just will not be able to resist the urge. It’s just a review. Nothing more. So don’t make it more.

• Third and finally, anything anyone negatively writes on the internet isn’t going to tarnish the reputation of Aphex Twin. His place in electronic music is secure. We all know that.

I would not have wasted my time writing up a review of someone whose music I didn’t genuinely admire.

http://www.jasonnewton.net/blog/2014/9/21/aphex-twin-syro-warp-records

Big Aphex special in today's Klassekampen. I'll see if I can upload some scans eventually.

Also, look at that press image, it's the Black Metal Aphex Twin! Probably especially for the Norwegian press, lol.

ByH9qXnIUAAvoEv.png

i will print this and hang it on my bedroom. fucking cool picture.

Here’s my thoughts, probably won’t go down so well on a forum full of Aphex fans but there are people who perhaps can appreciate a review without making personal attacks. We’ll see.

Some caveats:

• Secondly, I switched off comments because I know there are some who just will not be able to resist the urge. It’s just a review. Nothing more. So don’t make it more.

• Third and finally, anything anyone negatively writes on the internet isn’t going to tarnish the reputation of Aphex Twin. His place in electronic music is secure. We all know that.

I would not have wasted my time writing up a review of someone whose music I didn’t genuinely admire.

It's 2014 for a start, but I shall read on...

Some caveats:

Its a good read actually. I agree with a lot of your points but still overall really enjoy the album.. (like the lack of repetition in the melodies, It does keep me coming back for more for example and I think he does it well) The only part I take issue with is the bit about obsessed forum people posting in their underwear in their rented apartments (oh my! low blow!). I'm usually fully nude and I own my place. In fact, I make sure to strip bare before posting anything here.

Umm, I didn't get the sticker but I did get these things...

Shopping Bag:

10660175_10154658669605195_3121668161475

A4 documeent holder (front):

10014533_10154658669625195_4583231413006

A4 document holder (back):

1011674_10154658669655195_48487957888758

A2 Poster:

10686908_10154658669640195_7880359336153

WARP magnet:

10384487_10154658669665195_7809119983568

CD, front:

10646735_10154658671650195_4538198722917

CD, back:

10624829_10154658671640195_7231169316104

Not to mention a huge fucking grocery receipt, that nice diagram of instruments he used on which tracks, a written bio in Japanese. WARP gave him 50% royalties on this!

What're you- from the phuture of the phuture? I'm in Tokyo, and I still have to wait 29 hours.

Why do you guys get so bent out of shape when people don't like the album? Rich even himself says it's not his best work. I really like this album and I don't care if someone doesn't like it. I think it's interesting to hear what other people have to say, even if it is negative.

here's the answer. It's like asking the kids in this documentary "why do you guys smoke fake air joints and pretend to get high?"

Vice magazine special about christians who smoke fake drugs 4:00-5:45 (look for the guy snorting a fake line of coke off the bible)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Some caveats:

Way to dig deep for that "posting in our underwear" line, as if that weren't the go-to insult for every would-be internet iconoclast since before this board was a chartreuse twinkle in Joyrex's eye. At least you elevated us out of our moms' basements! Pretty soon we'll have the socioeconomic prestige of a white dude teaching English in another country.

Some caveats:

Way to dig deep for that "posting in our underwear" line, as if that weren't the go-to insult for every would-be internet iconoclast since before this board was a chartreuse twinkle in Joyrex's eye. At least you elevated us out of our moms' basements! Pretty soon we'll have the socioeconomic prestige of a white dude teaching English in another country.

seconded. and when you say 'So don’t make it more' your 'just a review' is painfully defensive and literally resorts to name calling.. but other than that I didn't mind your thoughts on the matter. I would just actually own your opinion and leave out all the "you pathetic apt. renting nerds are going to hate me for this buuuuut.." stuff.