IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

it has drum n bass, club music, weird aphex moments, pop songs, piano ambient, rave anthems and even dubstep!

from 80's funk to 10's EDM, best bass available on the market, with catchiest tunes and trippiest effects!

confusing layered lyrics and doubled song names mixed with foreign singing, with even more puzzles to unsolve!

with technical songs being symbolyc and metaphors such as playful, everything is in it's right place

morphing of the tracks was never being so conceptually well done, being just bunch of random stuff

combine it with smart marketing and 13 (7 actually ffs) years of waiting and you got it!

the best electronic album ever created!

get your fucking copy of syro today!

Where do you hear dubstep? Its simply not there.
Isn't s950tx16wasr10[163.97][earth portal mix] dubstep between: 03:42-04:15?

I always thought that sounded more like garage. Starting at 2:37, that song is no longer drum n bass, really. but I still wouldn't call it "dubstep". Cuz it isn't.

everything with woooooobwobwobwobwob is considered dubstep, and it's a fact! :emotawesomepm9:

abd don't take me seriously on that one

Guest Chesney

Stop putting things in neat little boxes. It's music full stop! Electronic for sure but tagging shit genre's to progressive sounds is bullshit.

Stop putting things in neat little boxes. It's music full stop! Electronic for sure but tagging shit genre's to progressive sounds is bullshit.

syro is dubstep / imminentcore / wobbletuss - it's official info, stop arguing please :derp:

False.

It's Techstep New Wave PSY-Jungle.

it has drum n bass, club music, weird aphex moments, pop songs, piano ambient, rave anthems and even dubstep!

from 80's funk to 10's EDM, best bass available on the market, with catchiest tunes and trippiest effects!

confusing layered lyrics and doubled song names mixed with foreign singing, with even more puzzles to unsolve!

with technical songs being symbolyc and metaphors such as playful, everything is in it's right place

morphing of the tracks was never being so conceptually well done, being just bunch of random stuff

combine it with smart marketing and 13 (7 actually ffs) years of waiting and you got it!

the best electronic album ever created!

get your fucking copy of syro today!

Where do you hear dubstep? Its simply not there.
Isn't s950tx16wasr10[163.97][earth portal mix] dubstep between: 03:42-04:15?
I always thought that sounded more like garage. Starting at 2:37, that song is no longer drum n bass, really. but I still wouldn't call it "dubstep". Cuz it isn't.

Ah! Yes, garage, sounds right, maybe proto-dubstep? :)

It is kind of silly yes, but can be of good use to for discussion and/or searching for similar stuff and so on. Music full stop! Wont help me much. ;) as long as you don't limit yourself when neat-o-boxin i cant see no harm.

Progressive sounds will probably lead me to weather report.

As a musician i can understand its no fun being labeled though.

Edited by blgnse

Genres are silly.

Use BPMs instead. They are a reliable indicator of what the track will sound like.

this. combine with track duration for a full effect.

on topic: it will be the contest of gear we will send to richard, to get a chance of winning THE remix! (since joyrex said about logistics and stuff, this is the only valid option i see)

winner announcing will be online, by richard himself, making remix live on the best sent piece of gear.here on watmm. now everything fits

Edited by Mag

some interesing goofy coincidences from wiki-pusher

In January 1997, Tom moved to a flat in Albion Road in Stoke Newington, London. This particular residence was shown in the Jockey Slut "All Back to Mine" article from that year and it was also where Tom's appearance in the "xxx" documentary was filmed. Of this era, Tom states that he was "having dreams about the end of the world, alien invasions and catastrophic events almost every night. It was a strange time, quite literally nightmarish."

Very few live shows happened around this time, although Tom claims he did in fact do quite a few gigs unannounced

bonus:

The piece "Tommib" was so named after Tom recalls that: "Aphex [Twin] was helping me edit a track for Vic Acid and he named the project 'Tommib' and I always remembered that for some reason." Tom claims that "My Fucking Sound" was written specifically with Chris Cunningham in mind: "We had talked a lot in that period about working together, loads of ideas were flying around. That track was intended for Chris to use, and that project was called "Spectral Musicians." Tom recalls that "Aphex [Twin] rang up when I was finishing off the track. He asked what I was up to and I said something like "I've got 31 bars left to write on this track I'm doing." He just started laughing and said he never thought of music like that. I suppose it does sound a bit strange and clinical."

squarepusher - with all the difference of drum n bass.

sent to you - MOVE - all along to the drill n bass.
we enter - now - fucking center of DSP.
and to you - get the fucking hell off my FFT.

:music:

Edited by Mag

I've experienced the album in many mediums and have this to say:

1. ath-m50 + nuforce uDAC-2 (FLAC/mp3)

2. '09 135i (CD)

3. ath-m50 sans uDAC-2 (mp3)

4. friends monitors, not sure of make & model (mp3)

5. home stereo (mp3)

6. earpods (mp3)

7. '02 gti (CD)

Listening to it in the GTI made me respect the sonic range of the album. There were so many frequencies that the old system couldn't hit, like the percussion in the final section of the metz track, produk was a sad experience, too. Luckily it's not my daily driver.

The best by far is with a solid set of headphones. super immersive experience. I haven't experienced the vinyl yet, mostly because my QL-A51 is needs to be serviced. I'm sure this will compete hard for the top spot.

2. '09 135i (CD)

5. home stereo (mp3)

6. earpods (mp3)

7. '02 gti (CD)

Listening to it in the GTI made me respect the sonic range of the album. There were so many frequencies that the old system couldn't hit, like the percussion in the final section of the metz track, produk was a sad experience, too. Luckily it's not my daily driver.

The best by far is with a solid set of headphones. super immersive experience. I haven't experienced the vinyl yet, mostly because my QL-A51 is needs to be serviced. I'm sure this will compete hard for the top spot.

so make me unterstand please.

If i buy that ath-m50 which only costs lets say around 50€ or (80dollars) and plug it into my computer and my lets say budget "soundsystem" than it will improve the quality of the sound ??

2. '09 135i (CD)

5. home stereo (mp3)

6. earpods (mp3)

7. '02 gti (CD)

so make me unterstand please.

If i buy that ath-m50 which only costs lets say around 50€ or (80dollars) and plug it into my computer and my lets say budget "soundsystem" than it will improve the quality of the sound ??

Hmm, well let me first say that I'm not professing that the album is best listened to on a certain medium over another. Nor am I saying ATH-m50's are godlike, they just happen to be the pair I own. Listed is my personal ranking of listening mediums as a function of experience and sound quality. (Yours may vary)

Acoustics is something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In January 1997, Tom moved to a flat in Albion Road in Stoke Newington, London. This particular residence was shown in the Jockey Slut "All Back to Mine" article from that year and it was also where Tom's appearance in the "xxx" documentary was filmed. Of this era, Tom states that he was "having dreams about the end of the world, alien invasions and catastrophic events almost every night. It was a strange time, quite literally nightmarish."

Very few live shows happened around this time, although Tom claims he did in fact do quite a few gigs unannounced

bonus:

The piece "Tommib" was so named after Tom recalls that: "Aphex [Twin] was helping me edit a track for Vic Acid and he named the project 'Tommib' and I always remembered that for some reason." Tom claims that "My Fucking Sound" was written specifically with Chris Cunningham in mind: "We had talked a lot in that period about working together, loads of ideas were flying around. That track was intended for Chris to use, and that project was called "Spectral Musicians." Tom recalls that "Aphex [Twin] rang up when I was finishing off the track. He asked what I was up to and I said something like "I've got 31 bars left to write on this track I'm doing." He just started laughing and said he never thought of music like that. I suppose it does sound a bit strange and clinical."

so basically Steinvord has now been confirmed to be a collaboration between Cunningham, Richard and Tom = solved

if you haven't listened to Syro on electrostat speakers/headphones you are the ultimate pussy

so basically Steinvord has now been confirmed to be a collaboration between Cunningham, Richard and Tom = solved

did i miss something? where is this confirmed?

Guest HokusPoker

I always liked the track title of Tommib more than the track itself. Now I know why.

did i miss something? where is this confirmed?

Joyrex confirmed it a few hours ago on Chatmm. It was his 'big surprise' he needed server capacity for…

bonus:

lol

that thing I've been saying for so long u mean?

Also are you joking?

Edited by StephenG