IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Ok my 2¢:

1. Joyrex is being coy about the barcode. I scanned it but some prince of darkness video game came up. Haven't been able to really figure out where those numbers lead.

2. The shrink wrap looks totally fake and maybe some artifacting from encoding something in that image? anyone want to try and "decode" or what ever like people were doing with the foldface?

3. we still don't know where that back cover image came from ... but papa seems to think it's legit so let's stick with it?

4. to me, fold face looks like richard is holding up an lp cover. the thickness of the curve, or fold line, looks exactly like the thickness of an lp and not a thin computer paper fold.

You earned 6 out of 8 cents!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

any thoughts on what the yellow habanero could mean? do you guys also think this will be a salsa album?

flol

I guess me and psn are in the minority re foldface-w.jpg. It's pretty obvious to my eyes it's just a photo of Rich that's been folded and scanned. That's not to say that image won't end up being the cover image, it just really isn't him holding up an lp imo. We need some new info in this thread, shit is getting silly

Edited by Timothy Forward

Guest setanor

there's definitely some texture or wiggly bit of line ON the barcode

above the area between the 2 and the 4

kinda waves back and forth across the bars

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-19%20at%202.27.0

any thoughts on what the yellow habanero could mean? do you guys also think this will be a salsa album?

flol

I guess me and psn are in the minority re foldface-w.jpg. It's pretty obvious to my eyes it's just a photo of Rich that's been folded and scanned. That's not to say that image won't end up being the cover image, it just really isn't him holding up an lp imo. We need some new info in this thread, shit is getting silly

count me in that minority. the colors match on both halves too well for it to be someone holding up an LP

Ok my 2¢:

1. Joyrex is being coy about the barcode. I scanned it but some prince of darkness video game came up. Haven't been able to really figure out where those numbers lead.

2. The shrink wrap looks totally fake and maybe some artifacting from encoding something in that image? anyone want to try and "decode" or what ever like people were doing with the foldface?

3. we still don't know where that back cover image came from ... but papa seems to think it's legit so let's stick with it?

4. to me, fold face looks like richard is holding up an lp cover. the thickness of the curve, or fold line, looks exactly like the thickness of an lp and not a thin computer paper fold.

You earned 6 out of 8 cents!

I'm guessing this confirms 1, 3, & 4, guys. JR himself said to check out the barcode, so that alone seems to confirm 1 &3...

Not that that necessarily advances the ball, but the bar code must lead somewhere...

I would almost believe the "9.2.14" graphic, but it's backwards except for in the US.

Plus, the barcode appears to be European b/c it is 12 digits, where as US barcodes are generally 10 digits inside the bars.

Ok, so what's with that barcode!?

The barcode simply counts in base 10. The sticker says 53. I'm guessing we'll have to count 53 days from yesterday, which gives us a release on October 10th.

i think im a bit exhausted w/ this shit. always some bullshit smoke an mirrors. and then you wait for a decade.

that's fine but it doesn't really matter much either way

i'm having fun with it, if it tuckers you out go have a rest and come back when the music is here

yeah all the information overload doesn't interest me either, so I quickly scan the posts, pan for the gold, and let the rest flow away downstream into the ether

don't let it bother you as I agree it can kill the excitement, each to their own though

Maybe the barcode is a phone number? 01234 567890 then press 1 and 2 when prompted by a recorded message? 01234 is the UK dialling code for Bedford. Someone phone it.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

probably just layers and layers of encoding artifacts but whatever

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-19%20at%202.32.5

What we really need is the software Deckard used in Blade Runner so we can read the note Richard hid under the plant pot that's behind the photographer

I've tried a bunch of permutations for passphrase on foldface-w. The barcode number, using the corresponding bits from the 53rd line of both image files, etc.

No dice thus far and given Joyrex seems unconvinced perhaps this is the wrong direction.

Guest skibby

has rdj been spraying his own stencils?
has he been living outside of the UK long enough to have a large pet dog? (the tennis ball, the euro cord)

is that his tiny pizza box? no appetite?

it seems too much like a hastily thought through still life, too haphazard to fit into the ouvre of "anality" at the root of a 13 year hiatus.

is a homemade stencil, a stuffed badger, an uneaten habanero, a devoured tiny greasy pizza, a wine bottle opener and a firecracker supposed to give us such a transparent view into the intimate eating habits and personal possessions of richards life? hes too much of a private man i'd say for this stuff to be his.

its a nice still life though, whoever made it.