IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

17 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Syro didn't resonate so much for the first few listens back in 2014, but it's opened up to me a lot since then. Everybody wants another drukQs-style album (myself included) but he may have said all there was to see in that drill style and moved on from it.

Same here took a while for the album to grow on me but I love it now. I really ought to get it on vinyl one day.

10 hours ago, xy_politics said:

If I had to use one word to describe Syro, I think it would have to be "subtle"

I think a lot of what makes it such a great record would be difficult to appreciate, or even notice, without a very deep understanding of how electronic music is made.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, necessarily..  But I would say Syro is, by a very large distance, the most complex and intricate recording Rich has ever released.  DrukQs doesn't even come close.

But drukqs was better bro 🙃

• Like 2

22 hours ago, xy_politics said:

I think a lot of what makes it such a great record would be difficult to appreciate, or even notice, without a very deep understanding of how electronic music is made.

Agree. I've mentioned before that I believe this is the reason I don't get it as much as other folks. I don't actually dislike the album, I can listen to it. But I have this deep sense that there is shit loads going on that I don't appreciate. And therefore leaves me isolated from the experience.

Edited by beerwolf

:aphexsign:

• Like 1