IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Everyone in this thread: "come on you cunts, let's have some Aphex acid"

I second that motion!

Everyone in this thread: "come on you cunts, let's have some Aphex acid!!!!!"

I hope it simply sounds great. Don't care if he's pushing music forward.

Pushing music forward might as well mean that it's gonna sound like shit so who would want that?

Guest tudikas

the little snippets of unreleased songs from live shows barely kept me alive through the drought since The Tuss.

if they are any indication as to what SYRO has in store, well, the possibility alone has made me shart with joy through multiple changes of clothes for the last couple of days.

I hate it when albums are announced in advance like this. As amazing as this album might be, it will never match up to the mind blowing Drukqs 2 featuring Squarepusher on bass or whatever super combo of styles you've dreamed up by the time the album drops.

I remember when Radiohead released TKOL. I didn't see that shit coming at all. One day I woke up and there was a new Radiohead album. That was a fine day.

It was. This, on the other hand, is premature ejac

Guest Papillon

heres my 2 cents...it's been so long since Richard has blown my mind, I think we're hoping for the impossible, or the possimpible. I want him to move electronic music forward again like no one else does. He's probly constructed & reconstructed this album over & over to get it his way. I like the reddit description of more intense as it goes. If he's still stuck on dnb after 20 years...well I'll be a little let down. So many people have aped his sound, he needs to serve them. You got served by Richard bitchez

This is a top comment.

And also regarding moving music forward he did that with all his recent music the last thing was the metz track right!?!?

But not just that Tuss was a big progression I thought...

And even more so with Analord, using older gear and making music in the more traditional acid genre decades after it was cool and still making it sound so fresh and intricate, I've never heard anything like that before or since analord.

Or what about SAW II?? Has anyone made such a timeless electronic record like that before or since, that's a twenty year old album and I was listening to it yesterday as part of my regular playlist.

It's a forgone conclusion that the record will be incredible, I just hope it'll be another masterpiece of modern music (again).

:cry: so depressing

lol

it gets better. some people are enjoying the fakes

BYr5MQk.png

='(

pls no

Why is it an issue if he/she likes a fake? Not picking a fight, just wondering.

It's not that people like the music itself. It's that someone has gone through the trouble to try and pass their music off as someone else's or use the aphex name to promote their own stuff. Something about the intent there just bugs me a lot. I didn't really give it much thought. But I think the dishonesty there taints whatever abilities the person has...

I don't know if I can fully rationalize why that bothers me lol sorry

Edited by StephenG

Guest Reebok or Nike

POOR RICHARD, TOO MUCH EXPECTATIONS, LEAVE HIM ALONE.

THE ALBUM WILL COME OUT ON SEPTEMBER 8TH (HIS FRIENDS CONFIRMED)

BYE

1. It will be called Syro.

2. It will be acid-heaven; aisatsana will be a pretty track. There will be detuned synths and a weird voice or three.

3. It will be part 1 of a 3 part album release schedule.

4. Richard's face will be part of the album artwork.

5. It will be out sooner rather than later. I suspect an announcement/presale this week.

6. Our balls will finally, collectively, drop, transporting us to the next stage of IDM-consciousness.

7. **** ** ***-*****.

1.its made and ready to ship

2.some of the bpms are odd, who the hell makes bpms just off a whole number and for what reason? maybe analog sequencing :) maybe not bpms although they do makes sense as bpms

3.pineal = alpine snow acid imminent

Is this the last lp he has to do for warp?

maybe the redesign/lack of anything for rephlex has something to do with a new aphex series imminent if he is no longer contractually with warps...

hype achieved, good 1

Edited by sun drugs

of course he cannot beat his own legacy he has released far to much and personal taste makes up alot of the opinions of the listener, this is a rather small addition if you count all the tracks he already has released
for me selected ambient works 88-92 is his best work. Maybe he is at a point from which he can release what ever he wants to and poeple "fall" for it, he will use this situation to "fool" alot of poeple so I expect 70% of the record is industrial / noise' / bizarr and only 30% awesome

Guest setanor

of course he cannot beat his own legacy he has released far to much and personal taste makes up alot of the opinions of the listener, this is a rather small addition if you count all the tracks he already has released

for me selected ambient works 88-92 is his best work. Maybe he is at a point from which he can release what ever he wants to and poeple "fall" for it, he will use this situation to "fool" alot of poeple so I expect 70% of the record is industrial / noise' / bizarr and only 30% awesome

why in the world would he need or want to "fool" anyone?

2. It will be acid-heaven; aisatsana will be a pretty track. There will be detuned synths and a weird voice or three.

5. It will be out sooner rather than later. I suspect an announcement/presale this week.

6. Our balls will finally, collectively, drop, transporting us to the next stage of IDM-consciousness.

7. **** ** ***-*****.

Oh, is this a baseless speculation thread? I didn't realize. Can someone point me to a real discussion or verified information thread, please?

Guest setanor

7. **** ** ***-*****.

Oh, is this a baseless speculation thread? I didn't realize. Can someone point me to a real discussion or verified information thread, please?

There isn't one. Would you like directions to nearby tourist establishments?

It's so weird seeing AFX trending on Facebook......

7. **** ** ***-*****.

There isn't one. Would you like directions to nearby tourist establishments?

Naw, I think I'm getting into this now. So, ....

n. There will be at least one subliminal coclear ass-fucking on track 6.

n+1. At least one person in Nebraska will die of a heart attack listening to this.

n+2. Haters will finally realize that the Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world.

n+3. Scapes will be D'ed.

n+4. All fakes are actually already sampled in the final track.

n-5. I heard it already in a dream: then I woke up and realized that we're all in a dream.

n/6. Did you realize 'flim' is actually an anagram of 'film'? 'Cause it's so pastoral.

n*7. RDJ told me that the first track is named after his father.

Hmm, the colour is disturbingly similar to the colour of the public transport ticketing system in Melbourne.. THIS MUST MEAN MELBOURNE LISTENING PARTY

mykitouchingon2.jpg

Edited by modey