IGNORED

Footwork + Jungle

YangYing

Made a 5 hour mix of this kind of stuff over the winter. Hour 4 in particular has a lot of great tracks with this sound, check it below.

Made a 5 hour mix of this kind of stuff over the winter. Hour 4 in particular has a lot of great tracks with this sound, check it below.

Cool... I got some listening material after lunch today!

Cool... I got some listening material after lunch today!

Awesome!

When i first heard juke/footworx i said that it sounded like drum and bass intros without the actual fucking drum and bass to justify the intro. I spose if you were on pitchfork you'd say dubstep without the drop. nwae, to call this stuff footwork + drum and bass is so fucking ignorant it really fucking makes me angry. Drum and Bass throughout it's existence has had some tracks with fast stripped back intros like this. I don't need to provide examples because those that know will nod their heads, and those that don't were in nappies less than 20 years ago.

When i first heard juke/footworx i said that it sounded like drum and bass intros without the actual fucking drum and bass to justify the intro. I spose if you were on pitchfork you'd say dubstep without the drop. nwae, to call this stuff footwork + drum and bass is so fucking ignorant it really fucking makes me angry. Drum and Bass throughout it's existence has had some tracks with fast stripped back intros like this. I don't need to provide examples because those that know will nod their heads, and those that don't were in nappies less than 20 years ago.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdfP3qAO1g

Yeah man, but is cool to hear it again, and us ignorants roll with it.

I wasn't even born 20 years ago, so what?

I feel like those om unit edits were the best footwork ive heard yet. Personally i feel like it almost peaked with the Mu comps a while back that set it off globally.

Can anyone show me some newer stuff thats worth the hype?

i much prefer the jungle side to the trap side of footwork, seems like its a genre that became a massive bandwagon and i feel like it doesnt deserve some of the attention it gets and i think that rashad (rip) really wasnt that much of a pioneer.. can some please dis-prove me or explain and show me where he was really pioneering within the genre.

not showing any disrespect but in my experience in my hometown its become the new dubstep/trap evolution

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived