IGNORED

Aphex Twin & Luke Vibert - Live @ Ultrasound, Seattle (late 90's radiomix)

Herr Jan

So my timing is horrific as this'll be totally snowed under by the Syro-avalanche, but this set should be heard by more people :) I'm talking about this one:

First of all I think it's not from 2000 but earlier (mentioning Sneaker Pimps with which they toured in late 90's, Aphex mentioning a Cylob demo tape with a track that was released in 1998, etc.)

I've been listening to this set for so long now (it got me into Drexciya for one), there's so many good tracks on here! I've ID'd a lot during the years (together with the Pukkelpop set and his Snowbombing set), but I'd really like to know that funky track #14 especially. Here's the list so far:

01 - Tod Dockstader - Luna Park
02 - Erik Satie - Six Gnossiennes V
03 - UR - Final Frontier
04 - Julie London - Go Slow
05 - Cylob - Mod U Later
06 - The Tornados - Chasing Moonbeams
07 - Drexciya - Aquabahn
08 - Chaos A.D. - Generation Shit
09 - Chaos A.D. - Up The Gary
10 - Some AFX track, demo version of Equation (also called 'crappy' but faster)
11 - Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See
12 - Fat Boys - Human Beat Box
13 - EPMD - You Gots To Chill
14 - Olympic Runners - Grab It
15 - David Blume - The Days Do Not End
16 - Olympic Runners - Put The Music Where Your Mouth Is

17 - JBL Sessions - Popular Instruments (Drums) ( youtu.be/XZVe8jo4laU )
18 - Mantronx - King Of The Beats

19 - From 1:03 till 1:07 - ?
20 - Macattack - The Art Of Drums (Instrumental)
21 - Art Of Noise - Army Now
22 - Axel F - Beverly Hills Cop Theme
23 - Some whistle rendition or similar melody to Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
24 - Liquid Liquid - Cavern
25 - Ramsey Lewis - What's The Name Of This Funk (Spider Man)
26 - The Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood
27 - DJ Marcky - The New Style - some app called TrackID gave that info but seems completely off (seems nonexistent)
28 - ?
29 - ?

30 - Desired State - Mind Games

31 - Luke Vibert - Music Called Jazz

If anyone is able to fill the gaps then you get 123456789012 IDM points.

Click here to download this file

Track 14 is Grab It (Put the music where your mouth is) by Olympic Runners

...MUCH OBLIGED, best first post ever! Also, welcome to the forum :)

If (any of) you have an idea of what the track áfter Grab It is now... (I forgot to add that in the list, will edit it in)

• 3 months later...

This mix is from September 22nd 1997, they guested on the Ultrasound show on 107.7 FM Seattle, WA. I moved to Seattle in June of 97. I was walking down 4th ave S after hunting through a record store that day and saw both Rich & Luke heading off from another record store. I think I caught their sets that evening but my memory is hazy. Was that the giant AFX bears tour? I caught Aphex at a club near the Space Needle on the AFX bears tour...Grant tossed his socks into the audience after that show. I had one for a while but after several apartment moves I think it got pushed to a rag bin. I think I also saw Aphex at the Showbox (club) on the Sneaker Pimps tour.

Nice to hear the whole show. All these years I'd only had the 3:43 snip of AFX's "Crappy" tack bit... would love to have a rip better than 128 quality...

Cheers, M (in West Seattle)

• 1 month later...

This mix is from September 22nd 1997, they guested on the Ultrasound show on 107.7 FM Seattle, WA. I moved to Seattle in June of 97. I was walking down 4th ave S after hunting through a record store that day and saw both Rich & Luke heading off from another record store. I think I caught their sets that evening but my memory is hazy. Was that the giant AFX bears tour? I caught Aphex at a club near the Space Needle on the AFX bears tour...Grant tossed his socks into the audience after that show. I had one for a while but after several apartment moves I think it got pushed to a rag bin. I think I also saw Aphex at the Showbox (club) on the Sneaker Pimps tour.

Nice to hear the whole show. All these years I'd only had the 3:43 snip of AFX's "Crappy" tack bit... would love to have a rip better than 128 quality...

Thanks for that, lovely anecdote :)

The file is now downloadable @ 192 kbps, the best out there afaik! http://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1141-aphex-twin-and-luke-vibert-on-ultrasoundmp3/

Thanks for that, lovely anecdote :)

The file is now downloadable @ 192 kbps, the best out there afaik! http://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1141-aphex-twin-and-luke-vibert-on-ultrasoundmp3/

YUSSSSS!

• 1 year later...

Small change: #27 was recognized by this shitty Shazam-style app called TrackID as DJ Marcky - The New Style but this track doesn't even seem to exist, and I highly doubt it's actually the right ID.

Also added:

#15 - David Blume - The Days Do Not End

#30 - Desired State - Mind Games

I'm also still looking for that supposed Otis Redding rendition, which to me sounds more like an obscure library record coincidentally having a similar melody.

Anyone?

Archived