IGNORED

the next music network ? (after soundcloud)

klore

i know this has been a recurrent watmm topic, but spread in different threads and it was before this soundcloud boomer

(catch up here )

people have mentioned bandcamp many times, i had my reserves but i'm ready to make an effort

what are the alternatives to show our music public,

i'd appreciate if you guys share your ideas, place we all don't know yet

i don't blame adds and monetizing

but those adds are going to be audio adds ,

at least 15sec and more in some cases, if more we can skip them, which means we wont be able to skip the regular ones.

are you really accepting this,

second,

soundcloud free service is a lie, i got 4 accounts, all pro around 700€ per year,

far from being free to me

but this thread isn't meant for debating on this, there are two others.

i want to check if you guys have ideas, alternatives,

what are you promotion ideas, specialties etc ....

honestly myspace in its golden age was i think the perfect network,

we could put everything in order and keep it clear and nice designed.

of course some pages were incredibly messy and took load to charge but it was part of the charm and some pages were completely transformed, it was amazing

we all started to learn HTLM and CSS at this period.

i'm super nostalgic of this free spirit and infinite possibilities,

soundcloud is / was only good because it's popular and it's the right place to show your music but lets be honest,

it bugs too often, not classy and design friendly

not remix/bootleg/mixtape friendly considering all the take down

and now they just put on their knees for majors,

it's obvious the next step will touch the indie artists and label

i've said this super often in several medias :

the guys that recreate the next music social network is a billionaire

too bad i haven't the skills/money/time because i really have the idea of what it should look like and how things shall be treated legally

also i have 4 account in pro because of work, nothing really exciting to discuss here

still i've seen mentioned https://www.hypedsound.com/ lately few times, it's not perfect but i had a great touch with the team founder,

they're good people and really good will

they are just really limited on time since they're 3 or 4 people : /

Wasn't that what recently (as in the last year or so) the beta/invite-only (but now open) relaunch of myspace as a 'music social network' was meant to be ? Though the fact you hear ablsolutely nothing about it means it clearly hasn't worked at all.

Just buy some webspace, install a CMS suited to pushing out news etc. to social network sites (something like Drupal) and you'll be grand.

Wasn't that what recently (as in the last year or so) the beta/invite-only (but now open) relaunch of myspace as a 'music social network' was meant to be ? Though the fact you hear ablsolutely nothing about it means it clearly hasn't worked at all.

Just buy some webspace, install a CMS suited to pushing out news etc. to social network sites (something like Drupal) and you'll be grand.

nahh that newmyspace was a mistake, the navigation was a failure, the setup menu and main page search, goodies etc.... was a terrible mess. they could have relaunch the site honestly, people were so exited of that vimeo promo and stuff

they currently retrying a new way to relaunch, they already started this project when they launched the newmyspace lol, like they knew it gonna fail.

problem is, those people think too much like a scholarship project, they apply their study, management, commercial diplomas and they make a "project"

facebook and myspace were created by nerds and average people,

soundcloud was created by musicians, so does bandcamp,

the best ideas never come from brilliant mind from school and harvard,

they are from simple but smart and handy users.

lets hope somebody will create this new network, the world needs it

A while ago I registered a page here www.official.fm in advance, but it already seems to been taken down, not sure if it still poses to be a soundcloud alternative.

You can upload to beatport, maybe http://freemusicarchive.org/ if you want to share creative commons style?

These services come and go, anyone remember;

zebox

vitaminic

soundclick

mp3.com

virb

A while ago I registered a page here www.official.fm in advance, but it already seems to been taken down, not sure if it still poses to be a soundcloud alternative.

You can upload to beatport, maybe http://freemusicarchive.org/ if you want to share creative commons style?

These services come and go, anyone remember;

zebox

vitaminic

soundclick

mp3.com

virb

haha i remember virb, it was promessing, but never gone that far, i really don't know the reason

also it's surprising mp3.com it's still alive

i know i never really used the others, soundclick wasn't meant to be a gig announcement ?

yeah it's reassuring for now, but it's clearly mention everything is "for now", "for the moment" , "so far", it's an evidence the soundcloud service will change in a coupe of years,

lets wait and see

but this thread isn't meant for debating on this, there are two others.

i want to check if you guys have ideas, alternatives,

what are you promotion ideas, specialties etc ....

bandcamp, streaming service like spotify, rdio, zvooq, satellite radio, music stores with listening booth, music channels on tv, archive.org

soundclick wasn't meant to be a gig announcement ?

you're mistaking soundclick with songkick, which does the gig announcing :)

Soundclick still exists apparently http://www.soundclick.com/ , doesn't seem like much has changed , I think the hiphoppers use this service for selling their beats.

youtube? Its like soundcloud but you can add fun videos too.

I agree, I've been thinking about making a YT account for mixes and stuff, no limits, video, nice social platform, no ads if you block them.

Archived