IGNORED

Is this (SYRO) the first Aphex Twin album launch since you've become a fan ?

mcbpete

Is this the first Aphex Twin album launch since you've become a fan ?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the first Aphex Twin album launch since you've become a fan ?

• Yep
    • Nope

I’ve got Joel Schumacher and Bam Margera to blame for my Aphex addiction. Me and my friend watched 8mm and tried to figure out what was that sick tune in the Machine’s house scene. It was confirmed to be CTD when we checked the credits of some bootlegged CKY episode and spotted Aphex being credited in both movies. So we decided to try to get some Aphex releases but it turned out that the only one that was somewhat available was Drukqs which was recently released. It took a month to wait to get even that. And later when I decided to get an own copy it took three months!

I remember when we finally got to hear Drukqs it was so different from everything we had ever heard. We were at our band’s rehearsal place blasting the album and when Omgyjya-switch 7 kicked in I was so amazed that there even exists music like this. The track has a special place in my heart to this day. At the time of Cock ver.10 we just stared each other and were very impressed. Drukqs simply shitted over every record I had in my collection. Only music that could have been called as electronic music even distantly was Prodigy or some shitty euro dance like Captain Jack. Living in the very small town/village only music people knew were something like Nightwish, Children Of Bodom or Cradle Of Filth. There wasn’t really a channel to get to hear this kind of stuff. No MTV here and the super-slow ISDN didn’t really help the situation.

So yeah, this is my first Aphex album launch. I didn’t even know that Analords or Tuss were released until they hit the shelf of local record stores.

/Cool story bro, eh

Cool story bro

cKy the band is so underrated

Yep, CKY subforum please.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest progben

(I deployed it as a trolling device at flat parties, mostly, after sitting through 2 hours of manufactured EDM balls).

Ha ha years ago I deployed Tamphex(Headfuq mix) many times mainly to remove certain Philistines out of our student house, and when the numpty in the flat upstairs had kept me awake all night. Such a tight kick drum, such loud speakers.

Works wonders doesn't it. 'Oh this is kinda pleasant... wait... what the... COME ON YOU CUNT'.

I'm currently on the way to Manchester and giving drukqs a quick spin actually, and can't believe how this got called 'uninivotive' when it came out. The flow is so broken but immersive as fuck

first heard aphex for a split second on internet radio station, prep gwarlek or one of the other quite good piano tracks from drukqs. Thought he always did stuff like that so wasn't terribly interested. Later on our college radio station dumps a bunch of CDs including Grandma's Boy OST. Is amazed by Windowlicker, probably got Drukqs first after that, SAWII probably second, RDJ album probably third.

so yeah sorry for discovering afx that way

also no offense to anyone but if I hadn't heard afx and my idea of 'idm' was the stuff from that internet radio station I probably would've lost interest fast. Even now mostly only the featured artists on here get my attention

I also heard teh radiohead before that, but had heard brian eno records from my mom even before that. so there

so I'd say I properly discovered the 'phex around 2005-2006

Archived