IGNORED

Skam Reissues Hi Scores on Vinyl/CD/Download

Joyrex

Also mentioned in the vinyl reissues thread, but important enough to repeat here - BOC's 1996 classic on Skam Records, Hi Scores, is available again on vinyl, CD and digital download via Bleep.com:

https://bleep.com/release/5213-boards-of-canada-hi-scores

If you don't already own this release, it is a MUST HAVE for any BOC/classic electronic music fan.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this is the 4th... sorta - it was originally released in 1996 (vinyl only), then again in 1999 (CD only), then again in 2002 (CD and vinyl), and again only on CD in 2003, and then only on vinyl in 2006.

'Everything You Do Is A Balloon' was the first BOC track I ever heard. I remember being completely blown away at the time, it still gives me goosebumps. Donal Dineen used play it a lot on his radio show here in Ireland and it was the only time I could hear it, pre-internet days of course. That feeling when I finally saw 'Hi-Scores' in the record shop (the 2002 re-issue), can't beat that excitement.

Turning into an expensive week, what with the Aphex and FSOL pre-orders. Oh well, gotta have the vinyl and the cd for fanboy status to remain intact.

As for the cd; says it comes in digipak sleeve with extra artwork. Previously card sleeve only with insert so maybe a slight change there.

so this is also a remaster?

by the way, anyone know whats up with how at bleep they have an EP collection that says nov 2013 preorder which says:

Estimated Shipping: 05.09.14

and if you add it to your cart it still says its a preorder?

No idea/info if this is a remaster - interesting they are changing the packaging from a slipcase to a digipak... does that really count as a reissue still?

Archived