IGNORED

Skam Reissues Hi Scores on Vinyl/CD/Download

Joyrex

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this problem present on the physicals as well, or just the Bleep download? Are physical copies of this even shipping yet?

The problem is everywhere bro, they're putting remastered files and soundwaves on CD and vinyl

They will ship it soon, my order has been sent to warehouse

Guest jasondonervan

Anyway, I fired up Audacity, split the channels, swapped left for right, recombined to stereo and voila, a proper Nlogax remaster.

Smart thinking! I'll be doing this later.

It is later. Works a treat, everything back in the correct channels where they belong.

Thanks Xtal WAVsurfer!

2a5223fbe48ce5cf29a4d513814cb409e30ae8c5

Guest Xtal WAVsurfer

Anyone care to speculate on which is "correct"?

I don't think that BoC would care about their vinyl getting repressed and remastered. They probably haven't even heard the remastered CDs/vinyl. Hi Scores 1996 is the good version. This one is shit

I think it's strange to imagine BoC wouldn't care to give final approval of the remasters. I imagine they did. I wrote to Skam out of curiosity but haven't heard back. I don't think it was a mistake, I think it was probably a deliberate artistic flourish by Mike and Marcus. If so, both versions are correct. As petina pointed out, they did this before when Twoism was commercially released. And that's their prerogative. As fans, we can dig it or not.

Guest Xtal WAVsurfer

Anyway, I fired up Audacity, split the channels, swapped left for right, recombined to stereo and voila, a proper Nlogax remaster.

Smart thinking! I'll be doing this later.

It is later. Works a treat, everything back in the correct channels where they belong.

Thanks Xtal WAVsurfer!

2a5223fbe48ce5cf29a4d513814cb409e30ae8c5

My pleasure.

Here are instructions for any other would-be stereo channel purists out there (caution, you might be comprising the bros' artistic vision for the remaster; if you feel guilty, beg forgiveness via small prayer to the Hexagon Sun).

1. Open file in Audacity.

2. Click the drop down menu for the track (left of the waveforms, it displays the file name and has a black arrow pointing downward) and select "Split Stereo Track".

3. Click the drop down menu again and select "Move Track Down". The Left channel should now be the bottom waveform.

4. Click the drop down menu for the top waveform, which should now be the Right channel, and select "Make Stereo Track".

5. Hit play. Does everything sound hunky dory? Sinister hi-hat tapping at the left side of your skull in Nlogax, as per usual? If so, select Export from the File menu.

6. Achieve new (old) Hi Scores remaster.

This order is marked as Shipped

Your Order Contains:

1 x Boards of Canada - Hi Scores - Ska008 - 2014 Edition

(Format: CD)

1 x Boards of Canada - Hi Scores - Ska008 - 2014 Edition

(Format: Vinyl)

Old shit is imminent.

Either I got lucky with my vinyl copy or this is a really good pressing.

Both the vinyl and CD have the flipped stereo compared to the old digitals I had though. I didn't notice the reversal per se, but everything sounds a bit off balance hearing it the other way round. I think my left ear may be worse than my right or something. :sad:

Just got mine today. I don't know what everyone is complaining about - I think it sounds fantastic! The flipped stereo doesn't bother me at all, kind of breathes new life into the tracks to hear them a little differently. And the vinyl/sleeve quality is just superb. The glossy print for the photo is a nice touch. They really went all out on this. Very satisfied.

Just got mine today. I don't know what everyone is complaining about - I think it sounds fantastic! The flipped stereo doesn't bother me at all, kind of breathes new life into the tracks to hear them a little differently.

Same here! Flipped stereo adds something to the experience, making an old EP sound even more fresh to my ears.

Thank you, BoC, for this great remastered edition.

my order from redeye came today and it only came with the record, no cd... unhappy about this, but i guess i still payed less than i would have for just the vinyl on bleep

edit: got an email reply

I'm sorry but we were given the wrong info and did not realise, they just come with the insert.

oh well!

my copy came in like 3 days. from uk. to poland. bleep <3

i don't get why the stereo flip would bother people so much. it's just stereo, no rhyme or reason for any part to be more lefty or righty. but maybe i just dont care because my tinnitus is so bad i avoid headphones whenever i can.

anyway, great release. looks beautiful and sound just amazing.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Great heavy repress, with nice packaging, that glossy boards of canada font is very cool. I don't know if it my own stylus, but I may heard some minor distortion on the a side, playing Nlogax, gonna check it out again..Possibly the best version of EYDIAB i heard, so many new details, you can almost hear it from the new perspective and June 9th is just an amazing track! So overall very happy to have it, I always wanted to have it on the vinyl !

Guest Enter a new display name

Just got mine today. I don't know what everyone is complaining about - I think it sounds fantastic! The flipped stereo doesn't bother me at all, kind of breathes new life into the tracks to hear them a little differently. And the vinyl/sleeve quality is just superb. The glossy print for the photo is a nice touch. They really went all out on this. Very satisfied.

Yeah, I came to this thread to say this. Both versions look and sound wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived